Guitar Player's Thread

i thought that at first^ but it actually looks really cool
Edit: you can always replace black hardware for gold

^^youll get used to the yellow logo. IMO the white is the worst

but i dont wanna :p

as long as ESP ships with XJ frets by standard i'll be using ESP untill i can afford customs in plural

which will most likely NEVER happen, but hey, who knows

Jackson RR with white pinstripes and XJ frets would be teh sex

The difference is negligible. I have both 87 and 88 models, and the 88 might have a *slightly* stronger low mid hump, but after comparing the two, the 87 sounds closer to teh tr00 Bodom sound.

As long as the GP-1000 has 1/4" jacks, and it functions, and you have a high output pickup/internal preamp in your guitar, you'll get the sound you're looking for.

I've read that the early GP-1000 (fender amp version) had XLR jacks, although I've never seen one.

Hey Ben, I already asked in another thread but I think you didn't see the question:
What guitar do you like better, your Jackson RR or the ESP-SV (or was it the RV?)? What are the reasons for your preferences?

Well, I'll always prefer the Jackson shape over the ESP, but I got the SV because I wanted a neckthru 24 fret V (I've always played Vs since the beginning - because they're so damn comfortable!) but I couldn't afford a custom Jackson. I didn't know about Jackson Stars back then, or else I probably would've gotten one of those.

Anyway, I think the SV's playability is almost perfect. The only real problem I've been dealing with is trying to get the high E string to intonate properly. I've heard people bitching about poor upper fret access, but I've found that's a problem only if you're trying to do first inversion arpeggios on the 19th fret (not that most people would do this, anyway). Oh yeah, and it's an OMGALEXI guitar, but that doesn't really bother me...Overall, I've never once regretted buying the SV, and it's been my main tool to help me immensely improve my chops over the last two years. Occasionally, I'll pick up the Jackson every once in a while, which is set up for drop-tuning.

I've decided that the next guitar I'll get will be a CS Jackson RR. I just need about $4000 more. :lol:

It just arrived today. =)

1116071620800x600pt6.jpg

^looks gorgeous. I've actually been thinking about getting this guitar too.
and even tho pink annoys me, it seems fine on this guitar, still makes it look kick-ass.

btw, eveningninja, are you a guy or a gal?

Well, I'll always prefer the Jackson shape over the ESP, but I got the SV because I wanted a neckthru 24 fret V (I've always played Vs since the beginning - because they're so damn comfortable!) but I couldn't afford a custom Jackson. I didn't know about Jackson Stars back then, or else I probably would've gotten one of those.

Anyway, I think the SV's playability is almost perfect. The only real problem I've been dealing with is trying to get the high E string to intonate properly. I've heard people bitching about poor upper fret access, but I've found that's a problem only if you're trying to do first inversion arpeggios on the 19th fret (not that most people would do this, anyway). Oh yeah, and it's an OMGALEXI guitar, but that doesn't really bother me...Overall, I've never once regretted buying the SV, and it's been my main tool to help me immensely improve my chops over the last two years. Occasionally, I'll pick up the Jackson every once in a while, which is set up for drop-tuning.

I've decided that the next guitar I'll get will be a CS Jackson RR. I just need about $4000 more. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

^looks gorgeous. I've actually been thinking about getting this guitar too.
and even tho pink annoys me, it seems fine on this guitar, still makes it look kick-ass.

btw, eveningninja, are you a guy or a gal?

Yeah I love the guitar. It looks so sexy and feels so amazing in my hands. Btw if you really are serious about getting the guitar, you're gonna have to do it soon because it's a limited edition. I was lucky to find mine through Ebay.

And I'm a guy. Do I seem rather feminine or something? =)

Yeah I love the guitar. It looks so sexy and feels so amazing in my hands. Btw if you really are serious about getting the guitar, you're gonna have to do it soon because it's a limited edition. I was lucky to find mine through Ebay.

And I'm a guy. Do I seem rather feminine or something? =)

Nah, I think it's badass. Not for me though.