Guitar Player's Thread

Yes, well I bought the guitar straight from Japan for about $1,100.00 and through all the upgrades and paint jobs and little tunes ups probably put around another 250.00 in it. I also bought a case for it which was another 100.00 I was hoping to get $1,000-$1,200 for it because it is in really good condition is just about a year old this month. I got this RIGHT before the RR24's came out, but I'm always a two pickup kind of guy. I'm trying to trade this one guy on the Megadeth forums who is very interested in his Limited Edition RR24 (eh i don't like the upside inlays but It's cool to have the binding as well and have 1 of 300) I was gonna swap hardware with him as well so put Gold Hardware on the RR24 and HOPEFULLY in the future If my tech can do it, route it for a single coil neck pickup (Kinda how Roope has his old Jacksons) That's my biggest concern there. I think it's definitely a fair trade BUT, what I want from you guys opinion, a total unbiased opinion of if you would trade My ESP for an RR24. I know some of you like one more than the other but Is this really worth doing it? I think so since they cost almost the same their is very little difference in the two. Let me know what you think with all feedback welcomed. Thanks guys.

I got limited edition RR24 too...and it was 1 of 75 i believe. I would swap my RR24 to that ANYDAY. I wanted an edwards first but the RR24 stole my heart...id want different pickups and gold hardware tho. And i hated the edwards i wanted had a EMG HZ.

$1000 = £488.30 So I'd be able to buy it in a few months. But by that time you'd have probably found another buyer/trader so nvm :p

On subject of the RR24, I played one in a store quite recently and I was really really unimpressed. But it could have been the shop setup. (although I'm not the only one who is unimpressed with the rr24)

Is it a really nice guitar and totally worth it? :lol: Does it play like any of the other RR's so that maybe I could go test one out for myself for the actual feel and fit of it? Like does it have the same neck profile as an RR5... except deux more frets.

EDIT: What were you so unimpressed by and what were others so unimpressed about?

^Well WHEN I GOT my RR24 it was not perfectly set...once i set action/Floyd rose it was fine and dandee though. I like it more than RR5...its really nice and has STEADY NECK. The Floyd Rose has been working good too. I will in the future get an edwards...i just hope it had your customizing..if you dont want to trade with me :lol: :erk:

EDIT: What were you so unimpressed by and what were others so unimpressed about?

Couldn't quite put my finger on it, but when playing it it just felt wrong. The fretboard felt really weird (due to the plastic inlays) and the cutaway was annoying. I dunno really, I just picked it up had a play, went ":erk:" and put it back down again.

^High action? A bit setup needing floyd rose? Same as me...those can ruin playing. I however like my guitar...ive tried one in the shop and it sucked...sticky,disgusting and wrong:lol: It was really badly set up...the action was high,floyd rose was not level with body and all that shit.

^ Man I really wanna try one of these out before settling on any things but I do not know any shops anywhere that carry one... Maybe a RR5 if im lucky and that's probaby the closest I could get to an RR24 but I don't know if It plays totally different and has different neck measurements? Plus from what you're guys is saying I don't know If I should even base my opinion on a shop model? :erk:

^^Depends on the shop...If you like it then its definetly for you but yeah the model i tried had TOO HIGH action and shitty floyd rose setups. You can base opinion on a shop model but be careful WHAT you base opinion on...if its hard to play check the action for instance.

EDIT: It is the same as i checked now....i didnt think it was differently playd eithre than mine...pretty similar.

Just for the record i might be interested in your guitar :lol:

^ Thanks to those who ARE interested and I will definitely keep you guys in mind for the time being. This other sais he DOES want to trade but I still have to talk to him about hardware swapping and etc. I also really need to check with my tech or any good tech if it possible and logical (ha) to route the guitar for a single coil neck pickup. I don't think it will be too close?? But I still need to get a professional opinion on that... and how much it's gonna cost :ill:

^^Yeah sure good luck :) Just In case youd ever be interested and id agree for a trade then my guitar is bought in April and hasn't got any dents just one MINOR in the end of the headstock...its not even a chip of the paint. If you do want to get into ill photograph :p

Yeah man. I might be talking to you within a week or two if my other trade doesn't go through. Only problem with be us spending about $100.00 each to send the guitars to each other. Haha I'm wondering why everyone is so willing to trade their RR24's for my Edwards ESP custom what not... Hopefully I'm not doing something I'll regret. Oh well, I'll keep you posted and let you know what happens. :kickass:

^ Thanks to those who ARE interested and I will definitely keep you guys in mind for the time being. This other sais he DOES want to trade but I still have to talk to him about hardware swapping and etc. I also really need to check with my tech or any good tech if it possible and logical (ha) to route the guitar for a single coil neck pickup. I don't think it will be too close?? But I still need to get a professional opinion on that... and how much it's gonna cost :ill:

Well if in a few months you still havn't gotten rid of it then remember to PM me :lol:

Good luck with that though.

^No way swabsmeister!!! If ill have the chance that guitar might be mine!:lol:

Yeah man. I might be talking to you within a week or two if my other trade doesn't go through. Only problem with be us spending about $100.00 each to send the guitars to each other. Haha I'm wondering why everyone is so willing to trade their RR24's for my Edwards ESP custom what not... Hopefully I'm not doing something I'll regret. Oh well, I'll keep you posted and let you know what happens. :kickass:

Oh its just a matter of taste really...yeah ill have to see too how it will work(the trading)since its lastly my dads decission because im still 15(16 in a couple of weeks YAY:D) but its my guitar so i still have big vote in it:lol: Nah but your guitar is so hot +i fancy the gold hardware+the 2 pups. :) Yeah thanks!

No i certainly am not. And no, not ALL are like your Kramer man, just yesterday i played a Charvel with a Floyd Rose without tremcavity, it did not pull back. And it looked the same as on that guitar, so i ASSUMED that it was the same deal. I know that non recessed tremolos whammy in both directions, like on Nazgul's RR1(i believe). But that one has a tremcavity, so i again ASSUMED that you'd need a tremcavity to be able to do that. Seems i was wrong?

The only reason it probably did not pull back is A) It was not a floyd....or B) if it was a floyd it was set up so it wasnt floating.

Yeah I love the guitar. It looks so sexy and feels so amazing in my hands. Btw if you really are serious about getting the guitar, you're gonna have to do it soon because it's a limited edition. I was lucky to find mine through Ebay.

And I'm a guy. Do I seem rather feminine or something? =)
lol, no, you don't seem feminine or anything, but it didn't seem like a lot of guys were interested in this guitar cuz of the pink. I know of a few alexi laiho fangirls who have it, but haven't met a guy who has bought it yet. I think another chick from this forum has it to....i forget her name, but she's the one from texas.

^High action? A bit setup needing floyd rose? Same as me...those can ruin playing. I however like my guitar...ive tried one in the shop and it sucked...sticky,disgusting and wrong:lol: It was really badly set up...the action was high,floyd rose was not level with body and all that shit.
when you guys say the floyd wasn't set up right, what exactly do you mean? (I still have no clue about this type of bridge)

^ Man I really wanna try one of these out before settling on any things but I do not know any shops anywhere that carry one... Maybe a RR5 if im lucky and that's probaby the closest I could get to an RR24 but I don't know if It plays totally different and has different neck measurements? Plus from what you're guys is saying I don't know If I should even base my opinion on a shop model? :erk:

If none of your local stores actually has them in, I would suggest that you order one from them. I know you have to make a down payment, but if you have a credit card just use that (or your parents'). So order it, take it home for a few days and test it out and then return it. You should get a full refund. I think it's worth doing this before trading in your ESP for one.

when you guys say the floyd wasn't set up right, what exactly do you mean? (I still have no clue about this type of bridge)

The Floyd Rose has to be LEVEL with THE BODY. If there is an angle it will loose tune and could crap out. You can fix the angle from the springs in the back of the body.

You can get used to play any guitar aslong as it's a high quality guitar. Since i ordered both my guitar's online, i hadn't tried them before, but i got used to them relatively quickly.

same with my xiphos. it was impossible to try it out before actually ordering it from the store. but i went ahead and ordered it because just by looking at the specs, I knew it was a high quality guitar.