Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, you should. Maybe I should put it in my sig or something.

FUCKING KORG PX4!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And it's not too thin imo, that's how Alexi and Ale had their tones back then. The bass came from the bass guitar and drums. It just sounds thinner because I was using MIDI bass, MIDI drums and no keys.

Yeah I've seen that :lol: The guy got a lesson from Alexi laiho yet he seems to know fuck all about guitar in the real video anyway.

And it's not too thin imo, that's how Alexi and Ale had their tones back then. The bass came from the bass guitar and drums. It just sounds thinner because I was using MIDI bass, MIDI drums and no keys.
ah ok! Well its cool anyways...I also have 10€ logitech speakers so they take the bass out of ANYTHING...there is litreally NO BASS:lol: YOu get very alexi-like tone indeed and im sure a excellent Hatebreeder/FtR tone. I really would want one of those...the PX4 i mean. Is the PX4D same thing then? Its combined with bass effects i know but is it as good as the PX4? is the regular PX4 discontinued or something when i didnt find it :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0mI32cWGxk
You saw this one yet from that competition winner?:lol:
I really hate that guy. It annoys me greatly that he plays when alexi speaks and tries to help him! Furthermore...he sucks more than me!!!!(in the real video too) Fuck i hate that guy! XD

Yeah I've seen that :lol: The guy got a lesson from Alexi laiho yet he seems to know fuck all about guitar in the real video anyway.
Yeah he seems a bit asskissing/big on himself...it annoys me when that guy doesnt appreciate the help he gets. His tone sucks too IMO :lol:(Im talking bout the real lesson now) That spoof is pretty hilarious...its almost better than original.

I think it's the Korg, the lead tone sounds awesome, but the rythm seem to lack that "punch", atleast for my liking.

I've never been satisfied with the rhythm tones up until now. I think the low E chug on that FTR recording was one of the best rhythm tones I've got from it so far.

question: how many ppl here do bends with their pinkys? (if any, cuz i don't think i've ever seen a guitar player do that) oh, and i mean ONLY the pinky. like no other fingers supporting the string being bent.

Rarely, and if I do all my other fingers are supporting.

Fuckin' incredible man!!! :worship: I bet Altitudes had to change his pants! :lol:

I think I lost control of my whole body when I saw Ben's post :lol:

No it wouldn't, it's how I do 2 notes on one string in the middle of sweeps and so did Jason Becker.

8aut4ie.jpg

Thanks for the input. That seems very awkward, IMO. I think it would be easier and sound stronger if I were to play a down stroke instead of pull-off. But if Becker did it maybe it is worth learning ;)

Here is a screen shot of the whole sequence ...

gpexample.jpg

It fucking is!! When I played it, I gave up after like 5 mins cause it just wasn't working. I'd rather just not play it. :lol:

I thought you said that is how you play it? :confused:

Another Question

When playing 4 note per string chromatics on the higher frets, would you suggest using all 4 fingers or 3 with a slide? I would go back to the Guitar Hero live performance and see how Matias does it, but my computer is shit :(

Valveking 2x12? Used ENGL's? Randall RH50T?:lol: Im sorry but did u say stack? With 700$ Thats pushing it. Don't get the spider 3. Vetta are good what ive heard and flextone is supposed to be allright too.

Maybe not, you can get great deals on ebay.

@ Altitudes:

Why wouldn't you? It's 4 chromatics on both strings, same frets.

Maybe it is just my Les Paul *shrugs*