Guitar Player's Thread

ok "The phenom" seriously, i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but untill you get better on the guitar, NOTHING IS GOING TO SOUND GOOD, you'll be amazed at how much your current settings actually work for you when you learn how to play, so spend your time practicing rather then looking up and trying out pointless gear, kthxbye.
Pointless gear? Dude...i don't play the best i know that but getting better playing skills aint going to turn my amp LESS MUDDY or "open" sounding. I always train on my skeelz but i doubt my skills will improve the sound of the amp when for example taking the chord Em :lol: I can hear the fuckin muddiness then. The tone is better when the OD is in use though. Then its no problem...ah i wish it was my own. As for nothing sounds good...my buddy who has played 5 years had the exact tone and he is a shitload better than me :p I know im bad at guitar but i aint THAT baad. Yeah i know you aint trying to offend or be mean.

:lol: i agree. seriously your bitching about your tone a little much my friend. by this time you should've found a tone you like.
I have but only with OD since it seems to remove some of the muddiness in the tone :p You all seem biased against me getting a OD then:lol: If i know how it sounds and it sounds good i don't really know how people can say it wont help shit. It compresses the tone pretty nicely...maybe not enough though. That would be a job for EQ but i dunno if i afford anything like that. I soon aint gonna see my amp more than 1 time a week again so fuck the same :lol: Its going to the band rehearsal place so. Or yeah there is a Tone i like without the OD too but it gets a bit wimpy and i miss the "umph" i get with the OD. Yeah it gest a bit muddy...but enough about that.
Then just don't read his posts, easy as that. No offense, but I find myself skipping over his posts.
Yeah skip 'em.

End of discussion. You don't seem to get it still though. You seem to have it as an insanely impossible thing that the amp would be the problem. If you only heard it you would know.

Any of you seasoned guitarists give any tips for sweeping over 5 strings when 3 of the notes fall on the same fret in a row. any advice pls?

Altitudes and Mystique...I think you have to find the cracked .exe for Fruity Loops, if I remember correctly. Either that, or find a serial key, I don't really remember. But I think I used a cracked .exe. Then you will be able to use the program fully, and yes, as Inhe said, you won't be able to hear the midi without soundfonts. hammersound.net is the best site I have found for them, although I haven't looked too hard. Goodluck.

Altitudes and Mystique...I think you have to find the cracked .exe for Fruity Loops, if I remember correctly. Either that, or find a serial key, I don't really remember. But I think I used a cracked .exe. Then you will be able to use the program fully, and yes, as Inhe said, you won't be able to hear the midi without soundfonts. hammersound.net is the best site I have found for them, although I haven't looked too hard. Goodluck.

Exactly. I couldn't remember what i actually did in the case with FL, but with most cracked programs, that's what you have to do. I've downloaded my soundfonts from different sites, but i could upload them here if anyone wants them.

Exactly. I couldn't remember what i actually did in the case with FL, but with most cracked programs, that's what you have to do. I've downloaded my soundfonts from different sites, but i could upload them here if anyone wants them.
Dude, I listen to Exhumed Dismemberment with my headphones right now and it kicks much more than the first listen I gave it!

What about uploading the soundfonts you used for the synth pads?

Dude, I listen to Exhumed Dismemberment with my headphones right now and it kicks much more than the first listen I gave it!

What about uploading the soundfonts you used for the synth pads?

Thanks alot, all of you, really glad to hear that!

As for the soundfonts, the following are the ones i've used, except the choir, but i'm using that one in an upcoming song, and it sounds awesome to me, i think i have 5 different ones, but none of them compare to this choir.
I got the bass and drums from Epi a while back, but they work perfectly, so i haven't bothered looking for others.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/huponh

For those who don't know where to put these, here's the file path i use

E:\Program\Image-Line\FL Studio 6\Data\Patches\Soundfonts

You could just put all the soundfonts in there, or make seperate folders for each type of instrument, the latter is better if you have alot of soundfonts.

Thanks alot, all of you, really glad to hear that!

As for the soundfonts, the following are the ones i've used, except the choir, but i'm using that one in an upcoming song, and it sounds awesome to me, i think i have 5 different ones, but none of them compare to this choir.
I got the bass and drums from Epi a while back, but they work perfectly, so i haven't bothered looking for others.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/huponh

For those who don't know where to put these, here's the file path i use

E:programImage-LineFL Studio 6DataPatchesSoundfonts

You could just put all the soundfonts in there, or make seperate folders for each type of instrument, the latter is better if you have alot of soundfonts.

Thanks, I'll see how I can use them in Cubase.

Btw, my drumkit from hell expired. That sucks because it was a crack. Atm, I think about actually buying it because I use it alot.