Guitar Player's Thread

Basically i just write the songs in guitar pro, export the midi file from guitar pro.

Import them into fruity loops, add the appropriate soundfonts and extract them to wav.

Import that wav file to whatever program you're using to record, and record according to that backing track you just imported.

The cool thing with using this method is that you can edit the guitar pro file and redo the whole process whenever you like, so you don't have to do it all over again.

Yep, same here.

woohoo. i finished my song that i've been working on today. im really happy with it. for two years i've been in the PTA (parent teachers association) art reflections. theres a bunch of categories, one of which is music. so for the thrid year im entering and i could win like 800 bucks. and i've already placed really well (first year with nationals, last year with state) and this song blows the other two out of the water. so im recording it on saturday. my guitar teacher is bringing a bunch of his experienced friends and there going to help me record. so im really fuckin excited

Definitely post that when it's done please. Good luck.

Is there any difference in the podxt and the live podxt with the foot controller. And by difference i mean do you still get all the effects and inputs and outputs etc....

podxt- pretty much used for recording/home use
features: 32 amp models, ability to tweak and fine tune pretty good, 35 modded effects, 64 presets, tap tempo, midi controllable, you can download new patches and stuff like that, tuner, recording out, usb compatible, yata yatta yatta

podxt live-for (obviously) for live setting, pedals to switch between fav. settings
features: 80 effects, 36 amps, 24 cabs, 128 tweakable presets, a backlit display, wah/vol./tweak pedal, tap tempo, tuner, blah blah blah

Basically i just write the songs in guitar pro, export the midi file from guitar pro.

Import them into fruity loops, add the appropriate soundfonts and extract them to wav.

Import that wav file to whatever program you're using to record, and record according to that backing track you just imported.

The cool thing with using this method is that you can edit the guitar pro file and redo the whole process whenever you like, so you don't have to do it all over again.
Which one would you get?:loco:

It depends on what you plan on doing more-- do you plan on making really good home recordings? If so, then you should definitely go for the xt. But if you plan on playing a lot of gigs and playing live, then obviously you should go for the xtl.

I got a peavey XXX 120w head off ebay (America) for $1100 nz dollars, including shipping, and it's $2699 off their site :p

Is it good in your opinion? I think they sound nice when ive heard people play with them. Somehow i don't really fancy a Peavey 5150(I mean in the future then) It has got what i call the "cliche metal sound" (don't jump on me now! Just my opinion) Splendid amp im sure of but i would do something else with my €€€. Tbh id more likely fall for a marshall or another randall...maybe ebaying some stuff thats used. Well thats not really a concern for a couple of years(many years atleast)...i have my randall and i don't need any bigger until it breaks! Next time i want a new amp i think i will maybe go for Marshall just to be a bitch :lol:

Is it good in your opinion? I think they sound nice when ive heard people play with them. Somehow i don't really fancy a Peavey 5150(I mean in the future then) It has got what i call the "cliche metal sound" (don't jump on me now! Just my opinion) Splendid amp im sure of but i would do something else with my €€€. Tbh id more likely fall for a marshall or another randall...maybe ebaying some stuff thats used. Well thats not really a concern for a couple of years(many years atleast)...i have my randall and i don't need any bigger until it breaks! Next time i want a new amp i think i will maybe go for Marshall just to be a bitch :lol:

Yeah, i think it's awesome... although i didn't like it at first, but once i got everything right i think it sounds very good.

It depends on what you plan on doing more-- do you plan on making really good home recordings? If so, then you should definitely go for the xt. But if you plan on playing a lot of gigs and playing live, then obviously you should go for the xtl.

I think he could have figured that one out himself :p If I were to go for one, I would probably go for the floor pod, it has the exact same features w/ wah. I'm guessing it costs more though.

HAHAHA!!! You make me laugh! Say that in the Andy Sneap forum and you'll get your head ripped off :lol: I would get a 5150 II (or 6505+, same EXACT amplifier) if I could afford it.

HAHAHA!!! You make me laugh! Say that in the Andy Sneap forum and you'll get your head ripped off :lol: I would get a 5150 II (or 6505+, same EXACT amplifier) if I could afford it.

People are allowed to have opinions :lol: I didn't say it is a bad amp...haven't even been able to try it out because we only have Peavey valvekings and Engls at local guitar centers...and carvins too. My point is that i would surely buy something else with my money than the 5150 unless it was a really good deal...don't think i would really buy one new. I guess its good but from what ive heard(how it sounds...not from other ppl) it just sounds like a really good metal amp that is not really my taste...or maybe it is but i think there would be stuff that I WOULD like better:p I would try my hand at something else :lol: Just my opinion...I would indeed get a Marshall or something else...don't really think i would spend my earned money on the Peavey. Don't get me wrong...sure it can be good but i would really rather try my hand at something else. But then again when i haven't played it yet i can't make any really certain judgements about it. I'd like to try one out but what i would really like to try out is a ENGL screamer(JUST TRYING OUT...im not even thinking about buying a new amp in ANY NEAR FUTURE right now:lol:). Gawd...its long since i last visited a guitar center. IM OUT OF JAZZ 3s!!!!!!!!!!:cry: (I had 30 from the start and now i got 2 or 1....i can't find the other one so)
Speaking of 5150s. Is it fuckin true Kristian Ranta from Norther uses a 5150 with worn out tubes? I read that somewhere.

woohoo. i finished my song that i've been working on today. im really happy with it. for two years i've been in the PTA (parent teachers association) art reflections. theres a bunch of categories, one of which is music. so for the thrid year im entering and i could win like 800 bucks. and i've already placed really well (first year with nationals, last year with state) and this song blows the other two out of the water. so im recording it on saturday. my guitar teacher is bringing a bunch of his experienced friends and there going to help me record. so im really fuckin excited

banana_sticker.jpg

sorry dude, I had to. Seriously though, I wish i was in your spot.

I'd say get the the xtl then, I bought one last week and I'm happy with it so far.

Yeah i probably will. but how easy is it to change between settings like if i want to go from rhythm to lead. Or should i just find one tone which suits all

Yeah i probably will. but how easy is it to change between settings like if i want to go from rhythm to lead. Or should i just find one tone which suits all

very easy, there are banks that go ABCD so you'd have 4 different patches available on 4 different pedals at all times and it's easy to search around through the banks by stepping on it.

very easy, there are banks that go ABCD so you'd have 4 different patches available on 4 different pedals at all times and it's easy to search around through the banks by stepping on it.

is that with the xt or the xt live?
EDIT: what about the POD X3 (and live)?

for all the RR and V shape guitar lovers :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of getting the POD X3 Live. of course i will have to save more :lol:
Those videos are crack up, i don't think you could shred that thing