Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah i thought about that but then again it has more amp models and shit. I dunno it is between the Xt Live and X3 Live.
EDIT: the difference in price in New Zealand is $90 so im thinking it is probably worth spending that 90 more

I just bought a couple of Seymour Duncan Blackouts for my Jackson Stars guitar. I didn't get them because of Alexi, BTW. Alexi no longer has much of an influence on me unfortunately. They are great pickups though. I think the whole 'less hum than other active pickups' hype around them is just a gimmick. I never experienced any hum with the stock pickups.

So I just got a new laptop and I had to transfer all the programs and files of my old laptop to this one. I did it through a network. So is there any reason that the Guitar Pro program shouldn't be working correctly? Because the sound comes out fine, but look at how the image comes out :erk: the notes aren't showing up. does anyone know why? Does it have something to do with the resolution setting of the comp?

weirdGPimage.jpg

Thats happened to me before, i just installed guitar pro 5 on my other hard drive and it worked.

So I just got a new laptop and I had to transfer all the programs and files of my old laptop to this one. I did it through a network. So is there any reason that the Guitar Pro program shouldn't be working correctly? Because the sound comes out fine, but look at how the image comes out :erk: the notes aren't showing up. does anyone know why? Does it have something to do with the resolution setting of the comp?

weirdGPimage.jpg

Did you re-install GP or did you just transfer the installed files directly to the hard drive?

How does Vista affect to the programs? I've heard it's a bit pussy, and doesn't accept some programs. Is it true??

And as this is the Guitar Players thread I won't leave my post without a themed question, :lol:

Will I be able to record directly to the computer with a POD or a Pandora (meaning just guitar---->POD/Pandora/whatever----->computer)? AND, most important, is it difficult/could you link me to any ''recording software''?? Meaning Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase, etc... I once DLed Cubase with a crack, but it still did not work, so I kinda gave off, but I want to record some things at home so I've returned to the root of it all, :lol:

My question is if I can do this because I was thinking of getting a kind of sound-recording specific card which has also in the pack Pro Tools 7 and some more things (it's not the M-Audio version, it's the normal Pro Tools), but it's over 300&#8364; and I'm not sure I want to waste this money for home recording (ISP Decimator is not cheap and goes first in m priorities). And if I'm not wrong POD/Pandora are less expensive (POD I don't want the big black one, I know this is 300&#8364; too), so that's why I ask: is there any way I could get this ''recording software'' for free, then the POD/Pandora (<200&#8364; am I wrong?) so I would't get ruined just for home recording??

Will I be able to record directly to the computer with a POD or a Pandora (meaning just guitar---->POD/Pandora/whatever----->computer)? AND, most important, is it difficult/could you link me to any ''recording software''?? Meaning Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase, etc... I once DLed Cubase with a crack, but it still did not work, so I kinda gave off, but I want to record some things at home so I've returned to the root of it all, :lol:

You don't need anything else than the multieffects to record, with the pandora you have to go with from the guitar -> pandora -> soundcard with "normal" guitar cables, but the pod has the USB digital recording thingie going, apart from the normal connection. As i've mentioned before, all my stuff is recorded through the USB.

My question is if I can do this because I was thinking of getting a kind of sound-recording specific card which has also in the pack Pro Tools 7 and some more things (it's not the M-Audio version, it's the normal Pro Tools), but it's over 300&#8364; and I'm not sure I want to waste this money for home recording (ISP Decimator is not cheap and goes first in m priorities). And if I'm not wrong POD/Pandora are less expensive (POD I don't want the big black one, I know this is 300&#8364; too), so that's why I ask: is there any way I could get this ''recording software'' for free, then the POD/Pandora (<200&#8364; am I wrong?) so I would't get ruined just for home recording??

I suggest downloading a cracked version of Cool edit pro, it's easy to find and doesn't take up a million GB's of space on your hard drive, like cubase. CEP can't do everything that Cubase can, but it works really well, and lets you get aquainted with the different functions, rather than having to look through cubase and learning all it's functions.

Ok thanks, I may end up getting one in not many time. BTW, there are two models of Pandora, which is the one I should get?? And another question: which one do you recomend? I'm probably not using it live as I go directly from the head.

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6834982 said:
Hey, that was nice... now I'll be waiting for some guitar playing recordings! Any ideas as to what record and let us hear? Thankz... *smiles*

Thanks! :D I'll try to record both the guitar and keyboard solos from Bed of Razors, how does that sound ma' lady? :lol: Too bad I'm new to keyboards and have a crappy guitar tone :cry: Most you wouldn't understand :cry: I kid of course! (I should probably join the club) :lol:

How does Vista affect to the programs? I've heard it's a bit pussy, and doesn't accept some programs. Is it true??

:lol: Actually I was scared of getting Vista at first too, cuz of all the negative things I've heard about it, but then I thought I shouldn't judge without trying it for myself. So far it's been fine, the only annoying thing is that it asks you if you are sure you want to run an application when you click on it, but this seems to be for security measures. It hasn't rejected any programs that I've downloaded yet, those being mostly music related, like guitar pro, power tabs, tab it, fruity loops, cool edit pro, etc. So it's really not as bad as ppl are making it out to be. It has some very convenient features as well.