Guitar Player's Thread

My first guitar was an Ibanez. I bought an Ibanez starter-pack...the guitar was pretty damn good, I must say. I still play it sometimes. It is of better quality, and plays better than, my Jackson RR I bought a couple of years later. The JSRR or whatever the fuck they call it. I really don't like that guitar anymore.

they said they would phone me on tuesday for the kkv being ordered,and today being sunday,so i have to phone them tommorow and tell them i dont want it,i want an ibanez 350EX,which i think it less that the kkv(550$ canadian) and t looks like the 350 is selling for about 400$ cnd on the net,so i think its cheaper

the new schechter hellraiser v-1.
they got the potential of this shape too late, and yet it looks kind of crapy

Hellraiser-Jan08.jpg

old news. and no one noticed the tappable emgs with a 5 way switch?? umm obviously that shit aint been done before

yesterday i went to my guitar teachers house from 10 in the morning to 11 30 at night working on my song. to keep the story sorta short; we went over the whole song just on my score to fix everything wrong. then we started recording.

i recorded; lead guitar, two rhythm tracks (one standard e, one drop d), all keyboard tracks, bass.

and then his friend came over and brought an electric drum set. he was fucking awesome to.

gear used: alexi-600, custom jackson, tacoma acoustic/electric, yamaha bass and yamaha electric drum kit that went through a DTX brain. and a Kawai digital piano.

we used pro tools to record, it was definetly an expierence :lol: it just took so long. but im so fucking happy with it seriously.

so now im wondering...its on my itunes...how could i take that and share it with you guys :oops:

old news. and no one noticed the tappable emgs with a 5 way switch?? umm obviously that shit aint been done before

yesterday i went to my guitar teachers house from 10 in the morning to 11 30 at night working on my song. to keep the story sorta short; we went over the whole song just on my score to fix everything wrong. then we started recording.

i recorded; lead guitar, two rhythm tracks (one standard e, one drop d), all keyboard tracks, bass.

and then his friend came over and brought an electric drum set. he was fucking awesome to.

gear used: alexi-600, custom jackson, tacoma acoustic/electric, yamaha bass and yamaha electric drum kit that went through a DTX brain. and a Kawai digital piano.

we used pro tools to record, it was definetly an expierence :lol: it just took so long. but im so fucking happy with it seriously.

so now im wondering...its on my itunes...how could i take that and share it with you guys :oops:
sorry i didn't know that it was old news.
about EMG 5 way sweetch that is because they use EMG 89 on this guitars (finally)

congrats about your song it makes me curious too how it sounds like, maybe your teacher has another frend who plays bass?? hehe

Yep, same here. About uploading it, if you have it on iTunes then you have it on the computer. Just find the folder where you have it (probably you can do right click--->open containing folder) and then upload it with sendspace or something like that. Go on!

Sorry if I interrupt the discussion, but i just felt i had to put som pics up of my new RR3!

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-Bild 023.jpg
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-Bild 025.jpg
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/Bild 040.jpg
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/--Bild 021.jpg

And i have a few questions too:
This:
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/Bild 041.jpg

came with the hardcase, is it suppost to support something inside like the neck or something? Whats the function?

And another question, witch screws are the fine-tuners?
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-Bild 007.jpg

Sorry that some pics are shaky, I guess it´s because im so exited :lol:

Arent those the screws you change the sting-height with? If not, witch screws change the height of the strings?

Inhe's right.

The action height screws are the ones furthest from the camera.

Ibanez RG Tremolo Series. For less than 500€ you have a guitar that totally PWNS Alexi 200 and KKV. BTW I tried KKV and IMO it's crap. It's just a piece of wood with some tribals and Kerry King's sig. I've not tried Alexi 200 but I supose it'll be the same. Ibanez ftw.

No man! Something with fixed bridge.... Ibanez RG-321. The tuning will be bitchy and the setting up for a beginner! Im glad i had a fixed bridge for first...

I think i will sell my Boss MT-2 for 50€ and Peavey combo for 200€...i got 250 then. What to use it for? Additional cab so i can have one at home and one at band rehearsal site or something else? Or just save up? I could get a peavey royal 8(8 watt tube amp) :lol: Or then i just save up for my next purchase...im not in need to use it anyway.

Its called "Natural Harmonics"

Only practice will get you to make them mute after picking the notes that have them, i don't know any particular trick at all, it just, came naturally after playing lots and lots and lots.

Just learn to mute properly, as Muffin said; working out how to effectively mute sort of just comes naturally, there's no real trick or method of "practising" it.

I know how to mute the strings properly while playing stuff and so on mm..
Just noticed the prob as I was practising lots on this 1 thing, and I just noticed it keeps doing that mostly on the G string, frets 12, 19 and 20.. I can't stop it from being happening without doing an actual palm mute.. Get what I mean? :/

I know how to mute the strings properly while playing stuff and so on mm..
Just noticed the prob as I was practising lots on this 1 thing, and I just noticed it keeps doing that mostly on the G string, frets 12, 19 and 20.. I can't stop it from being happening without doing an actual palm mute.. Get what I mean? :/

The harmonics are there, wheter you like it or not. The most common way is to palm mute with the right hand, but you could do like MAB does and use the left hand to mute. The difference between the two is that you don't get that "muffled", muted sound if you use your left hand.