Guitar Player's Thread

I wouldn't want those graphics on a guitar either, but i was referring to the inlays, which i think look awesome!

Pђoenix;6854827 said:
I sold my SV a while back to fund a caparison, and now when one like this comes up my funds are practically depleted :cry:

Didn't you just buy that RG?

I have to agree though, that Caparison is awesome. One of my local music stores are pretty the only dealer of Caparison in Sweden, but they do come at a cost.

The RG is fantastic and currently the favourite out of the guitars I own but I wouldn't consider it a replacement; the money for that came from elsewhere :p.

How many guitars do you own then?

I mentioned earlier that i wanted to change the pickups on my RG550. I've been thinking about it some more, and i think I will do a more extensive "make-over". That is: Re-paint it, convert it to a fixed bridge, change the pickup (might change both), to hopefully make it look like this:

rg550zx7.png

3 - RG, Explorer and a squier strat. Seems like alot of work your undertaking on your 550, but i'll admit it looks fantastic, good luck with it and be sure to post some progress pics.

^and Giger (without the "r") designed loads of stuff for Dimmu Borgir, I think.

Btw, the POD seems to pay off for you! Great recording and playing.

Sounds really cool, i bet you're pretty satisified with your choice? :cool:

If it was my recording, i would raise the volume on the rythm guitars, but that's just me.

pretty nice tone and playing...yah i'll find out how recording with pod works and then i'll record sth tonight :D

Thanks guys, and yes, I am very happy with the POD :) I don't regret it one bit.

And sorry for the incorrect spelling of Giger, must've combined his name with someone elses :loco:

I wouldn't want those graphics on a guitar either, but i was referring to the inlays, which i think look awesome!
yeah, the first time I saw one was in the store and I thought it looked pretty damn ugly. but then I played it and the neck felt incredible. But now looking at this 2008 design, I'm starting to really like the look.

btw Inhe, what about scalloping your frets? you might as well since you're doing so much to change it anyway.

Thanks guys, and yes, I am very happy with the POD :) I don't regret it one bit.

And sorry for the incorrect spelling of Giger, must've combined his name with someone elses :loco:

yeah, the first time I saw one was in the store and I thought it looked pretty damn ugly. but then I played it and the neck felt incredible. But now looking at this 2008 design, I'm starting to really like the look.

btw Inhe, what about scalloping your frets? you might as well since you're doing so much to change it anyway.

Now that you say it, i guess that would be rather cool!

Hi guys
I just bought a 7 string Ibanez RG (7321) from ebay. I don't think the stock pickups will be heavy enough for me so i'll ask you guys for advice

I'd prefer to try passive pickups this time. The guitar has a fixed bridge if that helps

I'm into metal and death metal so I need something with lots of gain. I am currently tossing up between a SD Invader or Dimarzio X2N but I need something in the neck too. I don't even know if I will be happy with either of those

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Pђoenix;6854803 said:
Bloody hell, I hate not having money..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110213397070

Condition isn't great but it's still outstanding imo.

thats nice. but the neck is thrashed :erk:

How many guitars do you own then?

I mentioned earlier that i wanted to change the pickups on my RG550. I've been thinking about it some more, and i think I will do a more extensive "make-over". That is: Re-paint it, convert it to a fixed bridge, change the pickup (might change both), to hopefully make it look like this:

rg550zx7.png

erm...i guess its a step up from what you have now (yours kinda looks....meh. to me i always thought you had the 20th anniv.) but i doubt your going to do this. have fun paying up the ass for changing from a floating to a fixed.

Now that you say it, i guess that would be rather cool!

i'm thinking of buying a scalloped bolt on for my ibanez beater. it's just a shitty practice guitar that i bought sort of to feel comfortable taking it anywhere to practice.

Just pissin around with VRG and decided that if I could get any two "dream" ibanez's, it would be something like these.

vrgbuilder.png