Guitar Player's Thread

Why would he? he can block it.

oh i thought he meant taking out the floyd, and then re-routing for a true fixed

Could someone tell me if there are more differences than the extra input on the MXR KFK 10 band EQ compared to the ordinary MXR 10 band eq?

i just got the normal 10 band eq. it fuckin rules. and the only difference in the KFK has gay tribal art, and another output so you can hook it up to two amps. so not worth raised price for the same thing

Ok guys, I finally got around to recording some stuff so I decided to have a go at the Bed of Razors solos. I know it is pretty shitty playing (at least in my honest opinion), but I was too lazy to make any changes (vibrato in some sections). The keyboards were recorded by me as well, so it is not that sketchy gp midi sound. Feel free to comment on how bad I am :lol:

Bed of Razors

well. idk i didnt like the tone first of all. the playing was kinda sloppy even on these sweeps in the beginning. 00:12-00:17, more dynamics. you need to PM some of those notes im pretty sure your out of tune to.

Keep in mind my tone isn't great because, A) I have a $200 Les Paul knock-off with bad fret access B) a $100 15 watt Fender amp C) Shitty soundcard. That WAS the best I could do.

I'm not out of tune :)

I recently bought an Ibanez Xiphos XPT-700 RCM...it has the infamous Edge III bridge..the problem is that the tuning always keeps on going low...i tried to solve that prob with adjusting the screws of the tremolo springs but they are too tight or are probably stuck so i cant even turn them...what shall i do?

ok. take of the locks at the headstock and tune your guitar perfectly in whatever tuning you like. and then make sure all the fine tuners are about in the middle so you can have full adjustability in case you need to do any fine tuning. the problem is just the fine tuner is to its capacity so its more then just "fine tuning"

ok. take of the locks at the headstock and tune your guitar perfectly in whatever tuning you like. and then make sure all the fine tuners are about in the middle so you can have full adjustability in case you need to do any fine tuning. the problem is just the fine tuner is to its capacity so its more then just "fine tuning"

nooo i mean when i tune the lower E and go to tune the next strings ...the tuning of the lower E which tuned perfectly goes low...so i cant tune it..

nooo i mean when i tune the lower E and go to tune the next strings ...the tuning of the lower E which tuned perfectly goes low...so i cant tune it..

well no fucking shit :p

when tuning a floating bridge, you always tune the low E sharp (i sometimes go as far as half a semi-tone, depending), then tune the rest of the strings progressively less sharp (but still sharp) until i'm tuning the last string to pitch. check the tunings of all the strings, see which ones are out, repeat until they're all relatively in pitch, then adjust the fine tuners etc.

Keep in mind, there are cases when you'd tune flat, instead of sharp, however your problem is with it being too flat tho... i mean, if it's flat, tune it sharp, then it will come back into pitch when you tune the other strings. if it's sharp, tune it flat. this happens because of the tension(s) of the other strings as they pull your floating bridge when being tuned.

I don't have patience to tune certain strings certain ways.. o_O
I just tune my guitar untill all the strings are in tune. It doesnt take too long.

well no fucking shit :p

when tuning a floating bridge, you always tune the low E sharp (i sometimes go as far as half a semi-tone, depending), then tune the rest of the strings progressively less sharp (but still sharp) until i'm tuning the last string to pitch. check the tunings of all the strings, see which ones are out, repeat until they're all relatively in pitch, then adjust the fine tuners etc.

Keep in mind, there are cases when you'd tune flat, instead of sharp, however your problem is with it being too flat tho... i mean, if it's flat, tune it sharp, then it will come back into pitch when you tune the other strings. if it's sharp, tune it flat. this happens because of the tension(s) of the other strings as they pull your floating bridge when being tuned.

hmm will try that..thanks...