Guitar Player's Thread

i just got the normal 10 band eq. it fuckin rules. and the only difference in the KFK has gay tribal art, and another output so you can hook it up to two amps. so not worth raised price for the same thing
Wow....thats just so gay! 20 more euros for input and tribal shit:lol: Well i ordered the 10 band eq. Had some money to use and got it. I hope it will be great. I think i actually got my Metal zone sold :D:D:D I hope i get rid of that brick soon...its just a waste of space anyway.

Ok guys, I finally got around to recording some stuff so I decided to have a go at the Bed of Razors solos. I know it is pretty shitty playing (at least in my honest opinion), but I was too lazy to make any changes (vibrato in some sections). The keyboards were recorded by me as well, so it is not that sketchy gp midi sound. Feel free to comment on how bad I am :lol:

Bed of Razors

Shut up, please. I'm not a guitarplayer nor a keyboardist but my ears kinda ordered me to tell ya they found your recording good. Kkk?

And thanks for posting it, I'm always glad when people around here post their recordings and allow others to enjoy 'em.

I thought it was kickass. I thought your tone was good, as well as your playing. :kickass::kickass:

Thanks. (you can stop lying now) :lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6859736 said:
Shut up, please. I'm not a guitarplayer nor a keyboardist but my ears kinda ordered me to tell ya they found your recording good. Kkk?

And thanks for posting it, I'm always glad when people around here post their recordings and allow others to enjoy 'em.

:oops: Thank you so much for appreciating it! When I say "Comment on how bad I am" I guess I figure people will pick out the worst and comment on that. Getting feedback is great but I guess I'm too critical with anything I do. Never good enough :Smug:

@Mick: The playing is really good and the sound you get out of your equipment is allright! But you guitar is definitely not in tune with your keyboard and the backing. I absolutely don't doubt that you tuned your guitar correctly. But bad intonation in the higher frets - especially when it comes to cheap guitars - is what makes it sound out of tune.
If you don't dare to change the intonation, you could apply a "trick": Don't use open strings to tune - fret the strings in the 12th fret and than tune. That works for solos which are played above the 12th fret (The BoR Solo stays in the higher frets [-one arp]).

@Twisha/Eli/Igraine: Thanks! I posted it 2 times in this thread, but noone did ever comment it, probably because it's not metal enough ;)
And btw, I think it was a good technique and reading exercise, nothing more. If I could improvise in that tempo over the changes, THAT would be good :)

@Mick: The playing is really good and the sound you get out of your equipment is allright! But you guitar is definitely not in tune with your keyboard and the backing. I absolutely don't doubt that you tuned your guitar correctly. But bad intonation in the higher frets - especially when it comes to cheap guitars - is what makes it sound out of tune.
If you don't dare to change the intonation, you could apply a "trick": Don't use open strings to tune - fret the strings in the 12th fret and than tune. That works for solos which are played above the 12th fret (The BoR Solo stays in the higher frets [-one arp]).

@Twisha/Eli/Igraine: Thanks! I posted it 2 times in this thread, but noone did ever comment it, probably because it's not metal enough ;)
And btw, I think it was a good technique and reading exercise, nothing more. If I could improvise in that tempo over the changes, THAT would be good :)

Yesterday I got really wasted and my mind is just out of tune today, :lol:, but I think I did coment on it the first time. Anyway, great one. We do know that there's music after metal :lol: I also love the solo for the other jam you have there.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the intonation is absolutely horrendous! :erk: I mess around with the fine tuners but I just can't get it right! I REALLY need a new guitar :mad: I tune using harmonics on the 5th and 7th frets. I listened to it again and I can see where it sounds slightly out of tune, definitely an intonation problem, especially on the high E and B string.

Altitudes said:
:oops: Thank you so much for appreciating it! When I say "Comment on how bad I am" I guess I figure people will pick out the worst and comment on that. Getting feedback is great but I guess I'm too critical with anything I do. Never good enough :Smug:
It's ok... and it's good you say it's "never enough" cuz so you keep having motivation to improve, but no worries, everything has its own time... you'll get better forever more if you really want to and try to.

(and OMG... Mick got a myspizzle?)

@Corny: can't wait to hear new stuff soon! :kickass:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6860633 said:
It's ok... and it's good you say it's "never enough" cuz so you keep having motivation to improve, but no worries, everything has its own time... you'll get better forever more if you really want to and try to.

(and OMG... Mick got a myspizzle?)

I can play harder stuff you know? :lol: I just wanted to record something easy. What would you like me to try next? I'm thinking maybe I'll give Nevermore or Racer X/PG a try.

Myspace? No, I do not like myspace. Sorry :loco:

Lol, Eli goes rap.
Rap? Why not Hip-Hop? Haha, no, seriously... what did ya mean? Did you mean I was kinda odd? :confused:

Altitudes said:
I can play harder stuff you know? :lol :I just wanted to record something easy. What would you like me to try next? I'm thinking maybe I'll give Nevermore or Racer X/PG a try.
Hmmm.... I'd reallllly like to hear some simple songs like "Scarified", "Viking Kong", "Poison Eyes".... all this easy stuff. :cool:

Altitudes said:
Myspace? No, I do not like myspace. Sorry:loco:
Lies!

┼Victim of the Night┼;6860657 said:
Hmmm.... I'd reallllly like to hear some simple songs like "Scarified", "Viking Kong", "Poison Eyes".... all this easy stuff. :cool:

Sure, the main riffs and melodies are easy enough but with any Paul Gilbert solo you must bring your A-game :lol: I can play most of Scarified 'cept the main solo, Mitch already did Viking Kong, and Poison Eyes is a neat song. Hmm...I'll see.