Guitar Player's Thread

That's how I'd do it. It might not be correct, but it seems most comfortable with the 123 1234.

salieriintro.jpg

Actually, 123 123 123 would work rather well if you wanted to that.

Don't you mean 1234 12345 in the second bar?

Yeah, I looked this over like 20 times :confused: I'm confused.

like i said i started it three days ago and i was mainly getting those last 3 runs in the solo down. i tried to make it as close as i could, sorry :Smug: and i like to actually PLAY the guitar not just sit down. i like to get up and make faces and "whammywank" because its ME not jak lee.

k...sorry i didnt watch every fucking video. besides the guys like 40.

it was my first attempt and sure i could do better but im proud with it.

PLEASE BECOME AN HERO!

and the fact that you deleted the post linking your cover shows that you know you need to fuck off.

MEAT OF THE POST:

BARK AT THE MOON FULL COVER!!

alright i started learning this song 3 days ago so bear with my if i have any mistakes.
if anyone doesnt know...i'm 14 years old, been playing for 2 years. setup: alexi-600 straight into marshall valvestate 8240 w/ an mxr 10 band eq in the FX loop, its on the whole time. i tried to get a good jake. e. lee tone. god theres no covers of bark at the moon on youtube and every one thats on there is not played right or anything. i gotta throw this on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7XKXSamyg
:headbang:

nice job faggot! you have no reasoning to be bashing me these past couple days. and why the fuck would i delete it, its on fucking youtube everyone can see it god your messed up

Don't you mean 1234 12345 in the second bar?

Yeah, I looked this over like 20 times :confused: I'm confused.

Yeah, that's probably the easiest. I guess my first [weird] instinct was to cross over with my fourth finger to grab the Ab.

I'm from the Rubinstein school of piano - "The main object is to make the music sound right, even if you have to play with your nose."

nice job faggot! you have no reasoning to be bashing me these past couple days. and why the fuck would i delete it, its on fucking youtube everyone can see it god your messed up

ah my fault, for some reason earth breather's quote of you wasn't checking out and i really couldn't be bothered to find it.

to be fucking honest, you're not bad at all. but you're such a fucking prick all the time, hence my previous post/quote. you act so damned peevish and petulant all the time. if you can't be mature, fuck off UM. this isn't a place for 5 year olds.

now stop fucking HIJACKING THE GUITAR PLAYER'S THREAD with your lame flaming, whining, excuses etc.

/convo

Yeah, that's probably the easiest. I guess my first [weird] instinct was to cross over with my fourth finger to grab the Ab.

I'm from the Rubinstein school of piano - "The main object is to make the music sound right, even if you have to play with your nose."

By that logic I should be able to use two hands :p Nah, I prefer to learn something the proper way. After all, I never had a teacher for guitar or piano but doesn't stop me from learning the correct techniques, even if it is much harder. >8(

ah my fault, for some reason earth breather's quote of you wasn't checking out and i really couldn't be bothered to find it.

to be fucking honest, you're not bad at all. but you're such a fucking prick all the time, hence my previous post/quote. you act so damned peevish and petulant all the time. if you can't be mature, fuck off UM. this isn't a place for 5 year olds.

now stop fucking HIJACKING THE GUITAR PLAYER'S THREAD with your lame flaming, whining, excuses etc.

/convo

You need to learn to just ignore him. Something about him irritates me too but I don't let every little thing get to me. I've learned it is not worth the time and effort to get mad or even worry about something that is very pointless. Go on as if you didn't even notice him, if it bothers you that much. Its a hard thing to live by but I believe if more people try it that there wouldn't be arguments (whoo, what a concept!).

Yeah, and back to guitars: how would a Jem work for thrash/death? I know that Muhamed has recorded Necrophagist things with one, but studio and live performances are not the same, and as the gaytarded 2nd guitar player of my band has left the band, sometimes I would need a neck p-up in my RR but don't wanna mess it up in a luthier and that stuff, so as one of my goals is getting a Jem, if it works ok for this kind of music I might accelerate the wait to get one, :lol:

My other choice would be the Xiphos (I know that there's a world of difference between both, but next Ibanez I own will be one of those), but I'm a bit afraid of the quality for live performances because of the price (700€ ~), so Mystique, have you tried yours in a band environement?? And could you tell me how do you like your p-ups for death/thrash sound? Thanks.

I've never played live with my Xiphos... so I couldn't really tell you how that goes. But I can tell you that it's neck heavy. So you will definitely have to change the strap lock positions if you want to play standing up with it. Changing it to the same positions that the Jackson Warrior has works best. But yeah, I've just jammed with a drummer and it was absolutely fine for that. Gave off great tone with his marshal amp that I used (forgot the exact model). The bridge pick up is meant for death metal!! and the neck pick up has a very nice, full tone to it. both are wonderful. The edge 3 hasn't caused me any problems yet but that's cuz I don't use the whammy that often anyway. I've heard from other xiphos owners that the edge 3 will cause problems after a while if you use it a lot. but then again you can replace it perfectly with a FR if it bugs you that much.

for death metal, I say you go for the xiphos. After all, that's what it was made for :kickass:

Seriously: Zakk didn't behave worse than most other people in the last time, and especially not the last pages.

And at least he contributes to this thread. He has posted numerous recordings. Shredtastical, Mr. I-love-the-f-word-so-much, have we EVER heard something from you? Stop bitching everytime. If you can't stand him, use your god damn ignore list! But don't bring the COBOT-mentality into this thread!

Seriously: Zakk didn't behave worse than most other people in the last time, and especially not the last pages.

And at least he contributes to this thread. He has posted numerous recordings. Shredtastical, Mr. I-love-the-f-word-so-much, have we EVER heard something from you? Stop bitching everytime. If you can't stand him, use your god damn ignore list! But don't bring the COBOT-mentality into this thread!

A fukken men. :lol:

I fucking lol'd at that one, :lol:

About Zakk, he's anoying sometimes, but at least the last pages and since some time ago he's been behaving pretty good and as Corny said contributes to this thread quite a lot, so I don't think he is to be flamed for one angry post. At the end of the day, he's 14, and at that age it's not that strange to get a bad day or just get angry at a random post and jump, and otherwise he's an ok dude (no comparison posible to the emptifier's time).

Yeah, keep in mind that he probably notices that there's hair growing at some places of his body, what confuses him!

Hey Zakk, don't worry! You're normal, you're becoming a man! :lol:

Awesome bass solo by Stu Hamm (but pretty old):

Last edited by a moderator:
What is worse is that they are highly overpriced ugly guitars. Can't say about the sound though, but I seriously doubt that a Les Paul can sound better than a Jem/USA Jackson/ESP(not LTD or Edwards, ESP) to justify the ridiculously high prices on them.

What is worse is that they are highly overpriced ugly guitars. Can't say about the sound though, but I seriously doubt that a Les Paul can sound better than a Jem/USA Jackson/ESP(not LTD or Edwards, ESP) to justify the ridiculously high prices on them.

well.. they never really were intended to be metal guitars in the first place, but I'd say they are definitely more versatile than most Jacksons or ESPs.