Guitar Player's Thread

About the Jam, if someone finds the bt for what Allu and Janne pleyed at Namm it would be cool. About Mitch's video, Sendspace says ''the free service is at full capacity'' :lol:

O.k..... when i thought this guy is an idiot, i was wrong.

i just don't understand why the fuck ppl do this?
does any one is capable of enjoying this at all? is it really impressive?:guh:

and why the fuck did he cancel the response option?
i would tell him what i think....

Both suck IMO. They play hyper fast, but have no sense of musicality. The second one made my ears bleed.

Last edited by a moderator:
MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
:lol:
Both suck IMO. They play hyper fast, but have no sense of musicality. The second one made my ears bleed.
the same happened with my ears too :lol:

If the only thing I could do on the guitar was tremolopicking the lowest string I would shoot myself.
too bad he doesnt share the same opinion as you

@Mitch you owned them all :kickass:
and by the way good going with the tabbing, do you think about recording it as back track for the next forum jam?
i could provide some bass for this :D

Hey does anyone have a good sounding distortion guitar soundfont. all the ones i find on the net sound like shit. Thanks

actually, that was me.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolGC5LrBCk

you now have your picking bible. things to notice:

- orientation of thumb joint (see how its popped in, and hes catching that back edge?)
- watch how he "pulls" on the pick with his index finger for the upstroke, and pushes with his thumb for the downstroke. also when he pushes, it's from that first knuckle at the base of the thumb.
- relaxation of other fingers. yes his 3rd finger is raised, but it's relaxed. complete and total relaxation is the key to speed
- when he goes from string to string, his entire hand moves. don't just turn your wrist, move your whole hand as one unit.
- the angle of his wrist. it's completely straight. bends in your wrist compromise the efficiency of your motion, and consequently make you slower.
- relaxation, and angle of his arm in relation to the guitar. dont tense your forearm, bicep/tricep, shoulder, etc at all. again, complete relaxation.

any more questions, probably PM me because I don't check this board nearly as much as I previously have been.

thanks dude!

Oh, right. I wasn't sure which one he meant. :)

not related to your quote at all but on your vid of "the turning interlude (ace job btw) did you play the second 3 string sweep w/ the string skip pattern? thats what i do it's supposed to be

16 13

but i do 16 13

17 13

not related to your quote at all but on your vid of "the turning interlude (ace job btw) did you play the second 3 string sweep w/ the string skip pattern? thats what i do it's supposed to be

16 13

but i do 16 13

17 13

I do it using string skipping aswell.

For the next guitar jam, will there be 8 bars in F# minor and 8 bars in G# minor? I already have some parts written down, now it is a matter of getting a guitar to play it.

Fuck you! Damn, I'll fucking METAL UP the next jam. :lol: ;)
boy, please. that was a compliment :lol:

Yeah, what you said (Inhe).

Check out this song:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oryg0s

It's from a band called the "Portico Quartet" and I saw it on some live band channel on Sky and I thought it was absolutely incredible. Very simple chord progression but the way they arrange the instruments and the instruments they actually use make it sound very coo, in my opinion anyway.
Lovin' this song. They really created a great vibe.
For the next guitar jam, will there be 8 bars in F# minor and 8 bars in G# minor? I already have some parts written down, now it is a matter of getting a guitar to play it.
Right. So like, 0:22-0:53 is F#min and 0:53-1:14 is G#min. I actually had a solo ready for this one when we were first gonna do it. Now I just have to try to remember how it went cuz I liked how it turned out.

And I've just finished my first tab from Paul Gilbert's new instrumental rock album, Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar!!!

The song is the title track:
Paul Gilbert - Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar - 01 - Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar

Awesome :cool: Waiting to hear Gargoyle!

If that's the case I already have half my solo written (8 bars in F# minor). I'll mess around in guitar pro some other time.

Maybe i'll start writing the solo for the next jam, i've always improvised pretty much of it.