Guitar Player's Thread

It's even too early, :lol: By that time I won't have recording stuff still, :lol: But I'm not going to slow down a forum Jam because I'm broke and can't buy recording stuff, :lol:

In worst case scenarion you could just buy a cheap mic and use your normal amp to record.

There's no rush with the jam for me atleast, as long as all the kewl people join in when they have time.

Yeah, but if when I plug the mic the computer adds loads of nasty noises then I'm at the same point, so I'll wait to get some decent thing, :lol:

I use a normal condenser mic to record sometimes when i just need to listen to myself. It doesn't sound good really, but for what it is, it doesn't sound bad. And i'm using a normal practice amp, i'm sure it would work fine for you.

REB BEACH (WINGER/WHITESNAKE) INTERVIEW MAXIMUM THRESHOLD RADIO SHOW

rebClinic1.jpg

This Saturday night 2/9 @ 8pm EST Maximum Threshold Radio Show http://maximumthreshold.net will have Reb Beach on the show.

If you would like to speak with Reb, you can do so via the chatroom. Please go to the website and register. You have to be signed up on the site prior to using this feature.

Go there today and check out the site.

Maximum Threshold is a hard rock/metal radio show.

i own a metal zone dipshit.

you wanted to use an OD to mask your amp's distortion. i said that nothing beats a great amp running dry. sure OD has subtle uses, but not what you were looking for (i.e. complete tone overhaul).

i also said if you weren't pushing the mids i'm not surprised you hate your tone. but hey, what the hell do i know.

end of conversation.

MT2 and SD-1 aint having anything in common. It did what i was looking for...unfortunately my amp is on its way to thomann because of busted tubes still whatever i did. I also own a metalzone...it sucks. I wish i could sell it:erk: I never really wanted to mask my amps distortion...whatever:lol: No use talking about it when its still fix'd and my amp won't be here until about in a month.

I had a Metal Zone many years ago, and it sucked. Can't understand why people are using that thing.

I had a Metal Zone many years ago, and it sucked. Can't understand why people are using that thing.

I bought mine when i had playd 1 month...tone deafness does not pay off :lol: I still might get it sold. It is handy sometimes like when we have music lessons in school and the amp only has clean...it does sound shit though but its shittier playing a megadeth cover without distortion :lol:

:lol: Yeah, bad distortion is better than no distortion. If you want to sell it I guarantee you it won't be hard. I got easily rid of mine.

EDIT: Postjump

^Yeah indeed. I might still get 50-60€ for it. Thats Enough...it would maybe go for 40€ As last resort. It's in perfect shape because when i got my Randall i hardly played it and before that i had been using it almost all the time but it broke down once and i got a new one on warranty. The Guitar shop guy said i was the first one EVER to break a Boss stompbox in his 6 years of working there:lol:

EDIT: AND yes it wont be hard. Boss has such good reputation and the name is so 'metal' that it will surely go in a couple of days of the auction site when im assed to put it there.

But it will sound like shit, and I don't want your ears to beed on the next forum Jam, :lol:

Hah, man don't think you'll achieve ultimate tone straight off. It's something that takes a long time to perfect. Anyway correct me if i'm wrong but the jams are about taking part; anyways you can always adapt your solo to flow with your tone if that makes sense.

If your totally worried about expense i'd advise you buy a second hand pedal/amp modeler, there's plenty out there and they're much easier to record with imo.

I have atm a Korg Tone Works AX1500G, but no matter how much I turn down the gain/level/presets my computer will always make awful noises, and Jams are about taking part, but if taking part means your ears bleeding I don't want to take part, :lol:

Yeah, more or less, but it's huge amounts of noise and I can't reduce it even if I play with my gain at 4-5/10.

forget recording your amp with the mic then. just plug your guitar straight into your comp and get a program like amplitube or something if you really want effects. cuz I know CEP has effects on it too...so just figure something out like that. For the first forum jam, that's what i had to do. just plugged my guitar straight into the comp and then added some reverb thru CEP. nothing else.