Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, more or less, but it's huge amounts of noise and I can't reduce it even if I play with my gain at 4-5/10.
make sure that your cables lay away from power cables
make sure that you sit away from big electric source that could be also a magnetic field for example like some kind of transformer or speakers
make sure your power supply to your pedal or what ever you use provides the right amount of mA usually for pedals you need about 300mA
check the polarity of your power chord that its the same as what your pedal needs
make sure you have ok cables off course noicless low resistance cables like MONSTER CABLE would be the best but its fuck expenssive

and make sure your pc is alive and your sound card functions properly

make sure that your cables lay away from power cables
make sure that you sit away from big electric source that could be also a magnetic field for example like some kind of transformer or speakers
make sure your power supply to your pedal or what ever you use provides the right amount of mA usually for pedals you need about 300mA
check the polarity of your power chord that its the same as what your pedal needs
make sure you have ok cables off course noicless low resistance cables like MONSTER CABLE would be the best but its fuck expenssive

and make sure your pc is alive and your sound card functions properly
If you cant afford MONSTER CABLE...Planet waves is more affordable but extremely low noise. They usually have these Positive connection springs too that locks the cable into place.

That was fast! :lol: How long has the album been out?

:D

Lovin' this song. They really created a great vibe.

Right. So like, 0:22-0:53 is F#min and 0:53-1:14 is G#min. I actually had a solo ready for this one when we were first gonna do it. Now I just have to try to remember how it went cuz I liked how it turned out.

Finally, someone listened to it!!

I guess we could do it like that. I was just gonna get people to choose whether they wanted to solo over F#min OR G#min but if most people wanna do both, then I don't see why not.

I'm confused :lol: Have I missed the post with the Backing track or something?

Oh and I'm probably gonna have a go. But don't wait on me. If I come up with something I'll PM it, if I don't I wont :p

:D

Finally, someone listened to it!!

I guess we could do it like that. I was just gonna get people to choose whether they wanted to solo over F#min OR G#min but if most people wanna do both, then I don't see why not.

I had, but my internet crashed in the process so I couldn't post that night and I forgot the next day, :lol: It's ok, but I would prefer a more rock-oriented Jam this time. We had the ballad one, now we could go over PTTR bt IMO. But anyway, decide what you guys want because I don't even know if I'll be able to take part.

Swabs, the backing track was posted ages ago by Epi in the tab thread, although alot of people have heard it.

children of COB: I wasn't talking about the BT, I was talking about the song I posted by the band "The Portico Quartet".

I've been listening alot to the new Ayreon album, it's killer!

So i decided to upload a sample from some of the highlights i've heard so far. The second sample includes Michael Romeo's solo.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nbcyhh

I'm starting to wonder how many people have me on ignore :lol:

Either that or my posts doesn't interest anyone, but you should really give this one a listen.

They do. I don't really like the first bit, but the others are ok. I like femeale vocals and this ''choral'' thing (sorry for the expression). MJR solo was good to. Not like the ones he usually does with SX but still good.

I'm just a lazy fuck sometimes, so:

Your mixing job sounded pretty good, but then again I know shit about mixing. Perhaps you should try out a "DeEsser" to erase one ore another biting "-s-" in the vocals. The distorted guitar sounded a bit too synthetic for my taste, but there's no way out without a tube amp.

I'm starting to wonder how many people have me on ignore :lol:

Either that or my posts doesn't interest anyone, but you should really give this one a listen.

If I had the money, I would buy the album, Arjen Lucassen is sick. The solo at the end is this MJR thing which you tabbed out, right? Have you finished the tab? I remember that I corrected a few notes or rhythms, so if you still need a second pair of ears...

The most terrifying dimished lick you'll ever encounter! Doesn't sound half bad either.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/plhfmm

#4/b5 for the win :lol:

Ok, I broke my principles and downloaded this Waltari thing "The Dawn Of Doom" for the backing track after this one. There's no Waltari CD but a live one where this song is featured. Buuut it's a remix by "die krupps" which can be found on "the final remixes" as a studio version.
There are vocals in the songs, so it has to be arranged to be a proper backing. I'll send it to mitch when the next jam is over.

I'm just a lazy fuck sometimes, so:

Can't blame you, i'm like that too.

Your mixing job sounded pretty good, but then again I know shit about mixing. Perhaps you should try out a "DeEsser" to erase one ore another biting "-s-" in the vocals. The distorted guitar sounded a bit too synthetic for my taste, but there's no way out without a tube amp.

That's how the pod sounds when just doing normal power chords, it doesn't sound half bad imo. I would like to try out alot of tools for mixing vocals, but i have no idea where to get them and what not.

If I had the money, I would buy the album, Arjen Lucassen is sick. The solo at the end is this MJR thing which you tabbed out, right? Have you finished the tab? I remember that I corrected a few notes or rhythms, so if you still need a second pair of ears...

The solo is pretty much finished, and i changed the things you mentioned before.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v9up0e

[/QUOTE]

I bought DR Tite Fit 0.11-50 strings today. They feel so much better in D tuning than the 0.10-46 did. Much easier to play. :D Also they sound more "metallic"

I bought DR Tite Fit 0.11-50 strings today. They feel so much better in D tuning than the 0.10-46 did. Much easier to play. :D Also they sound more "metallic"

Ah cool. :) I've been thinking about those for my D-tuned guitar as well. Though they'll probably be too light for drop C.

^Just change the 50 to 52 and it should be good. I think it was a huge improvement to change to DR tite fit. Atleast the High E string aint fuckin loose anymore as it was before...

:lol::lol::lol:

It's not because they are DR Tite Fit, it's because they are 11-52, :lol:

My 6€ Dunlop 10-52 aren't loose, :lol:

Didn't say it was because of that:lol: I know its because they are 11-50. DR stll had a much more metallic and cooler sound than my GHS strings. You really misunderstood me :lol: well i can tell you i was really scared while tuning the guitar because the strings got so fuckin tense :lol:

EDIT: Then i had to re-setup my floyd rose too. It was a bitch...took me maybe 15 minutes :lol: