Guitar Player's Thread

Pђoenix;6938628 said:
D'addario 10's are just perfect for D tuning imo.

I hate d'addario. The package is a bitch when everything is folded to one. Also they seem to always break on me :lol: i have NEVER EVER broken a GHS/DR string before.

I hate d'addario. The package is a bitch when everything is folded to one. Also they seem to always break on me :lol: i have NEVER EVER broken a GHS/DR string before.

Totally haha, d'addario strings are the only strings i really dislike having on my guitars. They dont last at all..
GHS i tried ONCE. I tuned up and did everything like normal, after maybe, 10 minutes of use, high E snapped right off. Never used them again :lol:

I use SIT strings, cause they dont carry DR here anymore :( I like DR and SIT though, lasting strings.

Totally haha, d'addario strings are the only strings i really dislike having on my guitars. They dont last at all..
GHS i tried ONCE. I tuned up and did everything like normal, after maybe, 10 minutes of use, high E snapped right off. Never used them again :lol:

I use SIT strings, cause they dont carry DR here anymore :( I like DR and SIT though, lasting strings.

Yeah. Some like d'addario though. I say they are normal but dont last so long. GHS are easy to stretch and last a bit longer IMO but sound almost just like d'addario. Then DR is like the winner of those 2 but thats just IMO.

I use a brand called Eagle Nickel Rock, or something like that. They're pretty "local", cause i've only seen them in one store, but they cost 4$, and last really long, well worth it.

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like the feeling of brand new strings. Think they're better when they've been played a couple of days

D'addarios last for me, I change my strings every 2-3 weeks anyways. 8 months is fucking ridiculous :lol: I can't stand worn strings.

Didn't say it was because of that:lol: I know its because they are 11-50. DR stll had a much more metallic and cooler sound than my GHS strings. You really misunderstood me :lol: well i can tell you i was really scared while tuning the guitar because the strings got so fuckin tense :lol:

EDIT: Then i had to re-setup my floyd rose too. It was a bitch...took me maybe 15 minutes :lol:

do you have an OFR?

Pђoenix;6938932 said:
D'addarios last for me, I change my strings every 2-3 weeks anyways. 8 months is fucking ridiculous :lol: I can't stand worn strings.

Gawd im the same way! WOrn strings FTL.

Bassists are even worse at this, i occasionally read about bassists that years later, still use the stock strings, and dont get why people change them.

I'd probably puke if i touched their bass.. Fresh strings ftw

^:lol::lol::lol: So true so true.

ATM I'm making my mind for changing strings in my RR, but I don't really feel like it because I've been playing with the 9-46 that came from factory (I just tuned it to D, but left the same strings), so now when I install the 10-52 it's going to be a pain in the ass, :lol: Or are OFR that miraculous that I'll be able to do it in less than an hour?? :lol:

i know its been asked million of times, but i'm not in the mood to search it :p

how thick are your picks?

1.5 Dunlop. The have a crocodile/dinosaur drawn and they're green, :lol:

The green one (top in the middle).
4170_GATOR_GRIP-f332adb763eec091e94e52fcb5899d51.jpg

Strings changing process started. I'm changing string gauge too, so expect my next post in not less than 15 min or so, :lol: I'm gonna put In The Presence Of Enemies pt.1 by DT and when it ends I'll tell you how is the thing going, :lol: I'm gonna take pics to show a friend of mine how to do it. Do I post them here too?? (I know that you know how to do it, but...) :kickass: