Guitar Player's Thread

For picks, I use Dunlop H3 picks, they're like a Tortex Jazz III.

Also, my brand new purchase came in last friday:

hd100halfstack_left_hires.jpg

I can't even turn this fucker past 3 o'clock, it's incredible.

Spider Valve, right?
I only heard good things about it. Care to give us a little review?

I don't like the red Jazz II (only Jazz model I've been able to play, they haven't any others at my local store). It keeps sliding out of my hand and isn't pointed enough. Is there a real difference between the red ones and the black ones and between the Jazz II and Jazz III?

^The Jazz IIs aren't as sharp. Personally I also find the black Jazz III's to have a better grip than the red ones. You should try them out. I've tried lots of picks over the years, but I found that with Jazz III I can get more control and definition than with other picks.

oh god yes, the Jazz III pickups are very pointed in tip, whole different world from Jazz II. I dont have any problem with losing htem though o-O

I don't like the red Jazz II (only Jazz model I've been able to play, they haven't any others at my local store). It keeps sliding out of my hand and isn't pointed enough. Is there a real difference between the red ones and the black ones and between the Jazz II and Jazz III?

Yeah the black ones have a little "rougher" surface. The red ones feel weird to me. I prefer black ones.

i may try Jazz III, but its better like, for speed-of-light-guitar-solos only? or also good for... like powerchords and stuff

^depends. I use Jazz IIIs for everything; lead and rhythm. Some people say they're only good for solos though. You'll have to try to see for yourself.

i may try Jazz III, but its better like, for speed-of-light-guitar-solos only? or also good for... like powerchords and stuff

I switch between them and the XL ones. they work for everything really. Alexi uses them if you didn't know.

I switch between them and the XL ones. they work for everything really. Alexi uses them if you didn't know.

He does? The XLs or the mini picks? I didn't know.

@vikk: Thats bullshit...its not the pick playing. I could use it for anything. Then again i havent playd much other than Jazz 3 picks. Ive tried others though...the tortex are OK. I think its just handier in solos than most ones and they are really easy playd IMO.

He does? The XLs or the mini picks? I didn't know.

@vikk: Thats bullshit...its not the pick playing. I could use it for anything. Then again i havent playd much other than Jazz 3 picks. Ive tried others though...the tortex are OK. I think its just handier in solos than most ones and they are really easy playd IMO.

Alexi uses the normal ones, not the XL's. Sorry if that was unclear.

You can use them for everything. I've got a Jazz II and even though it slides and aren't as sharp as the Jazz III (or so people say) I can play both soloing and rythm stuff. Only thing is that you have to be more accurate because you have less surface to use and the tip is closer to your finger, but that is good to help you make your playing tighter IMO. I just wish my stupid local store would bring them :erk:

hahah ok i'll get them and try it out. mines are small, so i kinda play tight already :kickass: