Guitar Player's Thread

1.5 Dunlop. The have a crocodile/dinosaur drawn and they're green, :lol:

The green one (top in the middle).
http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/med...TOR_GRIP-f332adb763eec091e94e52fcb5899d51.jpg

Strings changing process started. I'm changing string gauge too, so expect my next post in not less than 15 min or so, :lol: I'm gonna put In The Presence Of Enemies pt.1 by DT and when it ends I'll tell you how is the thing going, :lol: I'm gonna take pics to show a friend of mine how to do it. Do I post them here too?? (I know that you know how to do it, but...) :kickass:

i use 3mm, its the only i feel confortable with
jim_dunlop_plectrum_big_stubby_3mm.jpg

and next week or so i may put 011 strings :kickass:

I can't find Jazz III at my town, :lol: And amongst all I've played (I've not tried 3 mm like Vikk but I've tried and played a while 2mm) the one I posted was the one that I liked more, :lol:

EDIT: Re-stringing finished. Now comes the hard part: tuning/intonation. :kickass::ill:

I can't find Jazz III at my town, :lol: And amongst all I've played (I've not tried 3 mm like Vikk but I've tried and played a while 2mm) the one I posted was the one that I liked more, :lol:

EDIT: Re-stringing finished. Now comes the hard part: tuning/intonation. :kickass::ill:

EDIT 2: Done!!! >1h!!! Record for me! I'm gonna have some cookies before going to bed, :lol: OFR FTW!!!

^same, Jazz III also, i seem to be going through them every day - 2 days which is annoying because that will end up costing me a lot

yeah i don't know why but all of a sudden it feels better to play a new pick than one i have played for a couple days. Also i restring every 1-2 or if i stretch it 3 weeks

yeah i don't know why but all of a sudden it feels better to play a new pick than one i have played for a couple days. Also i restring every 1-2 or if i stretch it 3 weeks

i use the same pick for months :lol:

jazz III are durable as hell. plus if you take a nail file to them, you can preserve the edge for awhile.

i restring my electrics when i break a string, unless i have a performance. which can actually get pretty disgusting :lol:. i just restrung my brian moore, which i play rarely at all anymore, but ill be using it next week so. those strings had to be at least 9 months old :p

DR's last me forever. at least a couple of months when i'm not performing.

...please tell me you guys dont actually take off all the strings at once and block the floyd....because theres a way fucking easier way to do it in like 15 minutes

I take off all my strings, that way it's easier to clean the fretboard, pickups and bridge.

i know its been asked million of times, but i'm not in the mood to search it :p

how thick are your picks?

I use Dunlop 1.5mm and 2mm. Thick picks make me feel more in control.

The small Jazz 3s are fuckin ace. Also it has to be the black ones. Don't like the feel/surface of the red ones...its much slicker. I get a better grip of a black jazz 3. Didn't even know they had differences :lol:

For picks, I use Dunlop H3 picks, they're like a Tortex Jazz III.

Also, my brand new purchase came in last friday:

hd100halfstack_left_hires.jpg

I can't even turn this fucker past 3 o'clock, it's incredible.

For picks, I use Dunlop H3 picks, they're like a Tortex Jazz III.

Also, my brand new purchase came in last friday:

hd100halfstack_left_hires.jpg

I can't even turn this fucker past 3 o'clock, it's incredible.

Im sure its loud...I can't turn my randall past 3-4. Or i can...if i want hearing damage. How is it? It has to sound alot better than a fuckin spider 3...if not then i will just shit on my head.

...please tell me you guys dont actually take off all the strings at once and block the floyd....because theres a way fucking easier way to do it in like 15 minutes

Not if you want to clean your fretboard no...then you just HAVE to take all strings off...well you dont have to but its way easier that way. String changing itself doesn't take long. I don't find string changing to be a problem on my Jackson at all.