Guitar Player's Thread

I've been looking at getting a good tube amp and was wondering what amp you guys would recommend for a hatebreeder or FtR type tone. I was considering a 5150/6505 but I'm wondering if there's something better.

Sorry if there was a better place to put this post.

I've been looking at getting a good tube amp and was wondering what amp you guys would recommend for a hatebreeder or FtR type tone. I was considering a 5150/6505 but I'm wondering if there's something better.

What about Marshall DSL or something?

there are many ways. for me i would call it having "smart fun" with it
knowing what could work in what situations and simply fuck around with it in an interesting way.

few advices how to make your won:
listen how your favorite guitar players do it try to simplify everything they do in to something very basic to understand what tricks they used to achieve their solo
there is always some very simple melodic progression going on that they take and make more complicated
musical theory is no always the most important thing even though it helps allot. if you hear it, feel it, you will know how to make it right.
some one already will be able to explain why and what ever you did sounded right

I'm afriad that won't be possible. You're version is in a different key and is too slow. I can't match it with the original backing track.

I'll either need a normal solo like everyone else or you'll need to re-do your own version in the same key and at the same tempo.

i see how will my solos for my own track will go if it will be fine i will try to do some solos for the forum track
in the end i might end up with 2 solos to offer, my version and forum jam.
though maybe i am just faltering my self and i wont end up with any solos at all

Would that be high enough gain? I don't know too much about the DSL series but I'll probably try it out next time I'm in the store.

I would guess so...if not then you could always try TSL which ive heard is more modern or then simply hook the DSL up with a OD pedal. Also i guess a KK signature or a ordinary 2203(JCM800) could work. I dunno. Try them out!

alexi's tone is very thin, a 5150/6505 is very fat and huge, they fuckin rule and im probably getting one but if you want just pure HB or FTR tone then i'd say

KK marshall
Marshall JVM
Engl Fireball or Powerball

whats your budget btw?

Question for someone who's very experienced with guitars- I'm running a Dean Hardtail through a Mesa 3 channel Dual Rectifier with a Marshall MG412 cab (one of the cheaper ones) and cannot, for the life of me, find a good tone on either of the high gain Mesa channels. I'm looking for nice and full overdrive with a powerful punch on it. So if anyone has any advice for me, I'd love to hear it! And if anyone has a certain amp or external device that you want to suggest to me, feel free. Thanks so much!

get rid of the MG cab, really crappy cabs, i used to have a MG half stack and in the process of upgrading, i upgraded the cab first to a marshall 1960B cab, and before i could afford a mesa recto i was still using the MG head and i was supirsed just the better speakers in the cab alone made the MG head sound WAYY better.

So yea get rid of that cab, i would reccomend marshall cabs for all around music, Mesa cabs are great too, If your up for carrying them Vader cabs are like THE metal cab people are using

alexi's tone is very thin, a 5150/6505 is very fat and huge, they fuckin rule and im probably getting one but if you want just pure HB or FTR tone then i'd say

KK marshall
Marshall JVM
Engl Fireball or Powerball

whats your budget btw?
Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure on a budget for now but I'm probably just going to get into the store to try some of the Marshalls which I had never really considered. Any other amp recommendations?

The tone on HB IS thin, so going for a thick tone isn't going to help.

Just get a fucking Lee Jackson preamp. That'll be the best suggestion if you care that much about the tone.

^this, they are very un-versitle tone wise i warn you, i have one. Cleans suck, and the only tone controll that really does anything noticeable when you use them is the Midshift seletor.

Oh BTW, do you think it would be useful to people on the forums, to make a video demo of the GP-1000?, like with good SM-57 mic'ing for the audio, showing all of the features of the amp and how exactly all the controls affect the tone of the pre-amp? I remember when i was looking to buy one i could find absolutely no detailed reviews on the internet, it was kind of a shot in the dark.