Guitar Player's Thread

^I want metal strings!

Whatever you do, do NOT get ovations or ovation copies. They have a round back and are extremely uncomfortable to play because of the back shape. This is all IMO of course. Your best bet is to just go to your nearest guitarshop and try out a lot of acoustic guitars and decide for yourself. That's the way I did it when I bought mine. I have a Washburn acoustic guitar, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Haha thanks, I will take care.

I was thinking of Martin guitars.

Whatever you do, do NOT get ovations or ovation copies. They have a round back and are extremely uncomfortable to play because of the back shape. This is all IMO of course. Your best bet is to just go to your nearest guitarshop and try out a lot of acoustic guitars and decide for yourself. That's the way I did it when I bought mine. I have a Washburn acoustic guitar, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Well, LOL `cause i think Ovation are the beats acoustic or semi you could get. :p

Guys/gals, how I should oil the fretboard of my MMV? Like should I do anything specific before I start the progress, brush the board a bit before oiling, use any kind of special cloth on some parts of process etc.?

And..

Recommend me some good mixers which are really worth their price.

Kthx.

Bump.

just clean it from visible dirt with what ever you can without damaging the surface of your fretboard and then apply your lemon oil but not too much you don't want the effect of "sweeting oil out" fretboard just apply enough that it will cover the surface and then wipe it off wife something gentle cloths or what ever could be soft enough to not damaging the fretboard and preferable clean that you wont apply a coat of dirt on fresh clean fretboard that you just did

Good point. I've only got a few submissions so far.

If you guys want to do it, fucking record a solo!

nooooooooooooooo. I can't record mine for at least 2 months, I think...depends on what the doctor says when the cast comes off at my check up. :cry::cry::cry: I literally cried just sitting next to my guitars not being able to play 'em :cry:

wait, are you suggesting a keyboard solo instead? I hadn't thought of that! the thing is, I already have an idea of what to do as a guitar solo, but I can see`what the piano produces I guess :)

Well you could do that ofcourse. But I basically suggested you to learn play, or just play piano or keys while youre recovering with the other hand as you cant play guitar. I know how it feels, so I thought you could do piano/keys instead of guitar ,to place that missing hole on your day of guitar playing.

guys I need some advice on how to control my picking speed. Sometimes I can't pick fast enough, and when I try picking faster I relax my hand a little and I pick too fast. I need some exercises to help me control and improve my picking.

Well you could do that ofcourse. But I basically suggested you to learn play, or just play piano or keys while youre recovering with the other hand as you cant play guitar. I know how it feels, so I thought you could do piano/keys instead of guitar ,to place that missing hole on your day of guitar playing.

yeah I've kinda already tried that...doesn't work very well. my patience just isn't the same with both instruments.

on another note-- does somone know how to delete a complete bar from GP? I mean its a bar just sitting in the middle of the song, and I don't want it anymore...how do I delete only it?

on another note-- does somone know how to delete a complete bar from GP? I mean its a bar just sitting in the middle of the song, and I don't want it anymore...how do I delete only it?

Select the bar, right click and select "Cut".

I have a Guitar Pro question also, why isn't there any sound at all? :lol: I think this has to do with that midi piano game I downloaded but I'm not absolutely sure. I'll try restarting my computer.

nooooooooooooooo. I can't record mine for at least 2 months, I think...depends on what the doctor says when the cast comes off at my check up. :cry::cry::cry: I literally cried just sitting next to my guitars not being able to play 'em :cry:

I could add you in when you are better, but that keyboard idea sounds cool too. I dno, what shall we do???? Passage to the Reaper now, or try a different one 'till Mystique and children of COB can play?

guys I need some advice on how to control my picking speed. Sometimes I can't pick fast enough, and when I try picking faster I relax my hand a little and I pick too fast. I need some exercises to help me control and improve my picking.

Metronome.

I didn't know where to ask this question but here it is anyways:

How do you extract audio from a .flv file?

Get an audio recorder, set it to record your soundcard, and hit record while playing the flv.

Bar
Cut
*chose bar number*
Enter