Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks Earth breather and Swabs. When I think of it my spanish/classical guitar has only binding markers and I don't get lost on that fretboard.

^Haha:lol: Wow i can't believe im not v&...life is good!!!! If you exclude the test im going to have tomorrow :lol: On other news...I hate my peavey! I want my Randall back :cry:

wait you got a peavey? wtf, wut is tay stori?

Wut?

random:

I really want a Jackson PC1, they look so nice!

PC1-daze-1.jpg

woah dude, how much and where to buy?

I have my eyes on the ESP horizon FR 2, but fuck the old version of that guitar had Duncans, now theres EMGs in it. I better order one fast before the 2008 versions arrive in the stores :lol: I don't like EMGs

Just noticed the Alexi ESP and the Alexi-600 guitars now have SD blackout pickups. Now that's an improvement. Wouldn't buy one of those guitars anyway though.

hm.. and the esp custom shop has seymoure duncan pickup and a switch....for what? old picture?

That's what I thought too.

BTW check ESP TV Namm vid, it features some bits of Alexi and Janne jamming like in a warming-up for the Namm show, because the licks played over TMR seem different fom the ones on Bay Area Backstage vid, and also small interviews with Alexi about ESP/his model.

Check out the new guitar im building from parts!

Its an Alder Mexi-strat body gonna have all black hardware, I have on order a custom Carvin neck being built, maple with Ebony fretboard, no inlays and jumbo frets! I cant wait! Gonna get some black sprezel tuners its gonna be ace!

Still trying to decide what pickups i want, the ones in the pic are just temporary, Im looking for good metal pickups but not terribly high output, I like string being able to hear string definition and picking dynamics alot

IMG_1932.jpg

Just noticed the Alexi ESP and the Alexi-600 guitars now have SD blackout pickups. Now that's an improvement. Wouldn't buy one of those guitars anyway though.

ghey

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html

fucking hell. the fret acess is higher and it has stock blackouts...

mine is the 2007 model with lower free acess thing and the hz :(

Check out the new guitar im building from parts!

Its an Alder Mexi-strat body gonna have all black hardware, I have on order a custom Carvin neck being built, maple with Ebony fretboard, no inlays and jumbo frets! I cant wait! Gonna get some black sprezel tuners its gonna be ace!

Still trying to decide what pickups i want, the ones in the pic are just temporary, Im looking for good metal pickups but not terribly high output, I like string being able to hear string definition and picking dynamics alot

IMG_1932.jpg

nice!

i would say seymour duncan blackout for the bridge (they rawk! my friend got a set, amazing clarity) and two emg sa's for the SC's.

fuck dimarzio they are more nicely described then they sound.
go for passive Seymour Duncan, i can't recommend you specific model as it is very individual mater though for sounds clips and suggestions go the the duncan forum lurk around or simply ask them directly to recommend you for this project

and dude i am glad to see some one building his own project here
please keep posting pictures of your progress.

and get rid of that gay pickup guard or at least make it black for the contrast

That's what I thought too.

BTW check ESP TV Namm vid, it features some bits of Alexi and Janne jamming like in a warming-up for the Namm show, because the licks played over TMR seem different fom the ones on Bay Area Backstage vid, and also small interviews with Alexi about ESP/his model.

Hey hey, you you!
I just noticed your new sig... :lol: ...it's awesome, expecially the parts dedicated to the Tab Thread, Guitarplayer's Thread and Guitar Compilation's Thread! :kickass: :)