Guitar Player's Thread

┼Victim of the Night┼;7033833 said:
Hey there... you didn't annoy me, I'm always up to talk and have constructive discussions, I simply replied to what you asked me.

I don't know what made you so surprised though, cuz I just write something when feel like it, hence I say what my opinion is and what I like and so on, just like everyone does... but I guess that maybe it's only that you don't know me, dunno.

I'm not annoyed anyway, 'cause nothing bad happened.

alright, tuto bene.
I hope you're going to see Mark Knopfler. :D

Here's one pic of my other new guitar:
GroverJacksonRRsmall.jpg
this guitar just looks awesome! what pups you are going to put in it?

Awesome!! Pics would be, too!!

On a side note, I recorded some Metallica style song about a year ago and I was talking to Eli about it so I got the idea to re-record it. Back then, I played it exactly how it was tabbed in the magazine that it came in but this time, I tuned the BT down to D and did a few of my own things with it and just tried to make it sound a bit cooler.

I used my Jackson RR with the gainboost ON this time. Check it out if anyone cares:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gmbaj6

Cool playing, I really like your style man, and tone was great too. Sounds really like a missng part from Fade To Black, :lol:

lol don't worry. you're not alone in doing this.

For some reason, it seems lke this jam isn't meant to be. Maybe these are all signs to choose a different BT and use the pttr one for next time ;);)

Yeah, it's a warning from the gods so they don't end it up before we're able to play, :lol:

Damn you have a cool sound!! And great feeling too! Can you check what soundcard do you use with KORG PX4? I want to get around the same type of tone when I get my PX4!

GroverJacksonRRsmall.jpg

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Nice one! Which p-ups are going in there?

Damn you have a cool sound!! And great feeling too! Can you check what soundcard do you use with KORG PX4? I want to get around the same type of tone when I get my PX4!

GroverJacksonRRsmall.jpg

Thanks! I can check the sheet that I got with my order for all the parts. I wouldn't be able to take the pc apart to check if I needed to. :p I'll post it when I find out.

And that new guitar looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I dno if you want to answer, but where'd you get it and how much was it?

Cool playing, I really like your style man, and tone was great too. Sounds really like a missng part from Fade To Black, :lol:

Cheers!! And I think making it sound like something from their early days was the point, to demonstrate how they use arpeggiated chords with a melodic solo over it, then going into some thrash riff.

Mitch, il pull something out of my ass for the forum jam later today, you can use it if you want. Ive never participated before haha

If you send me something, I'll use it. I'm struggling for participants atm.

(Use the GP-1000 :kickass:)

il try lol, i bought a smaller 1-12" combo amp this past weekend to downsize my dorm room rig lol so i left my cab and poweramp at home, but i kept the gp-1000 here so i can run it though the FX loop's return probably

┼Victim of the Night┼;7033833 said:
@ Nazgul: nice g33tar! You have so many guitars, god, I'm envious! :mad: ....:)

Thanks! Everyone is! hehe

this guitar just looks awesome! what pups you are going to put in it?

Jackson J50BC and JE1000 for sure...the neck cavity will be empty until I get some more money and buy something.....probably some Jackson Jxx series pickup....I'd really like to try Jackson J50N, but they are kinda hard to get :/.

Thanks! I can check the sheet that I got with my order for all the parts. I wouldn't be able to take the pc apart to check if I needed to. :p I'll post it when I find out.

And that new guitar looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I dno if you want to answer, but where'd you get it and how much was it?

No need to take the PC apart..I'm sure you can see the brand and model name somewhere in Control Panel.

If you have Windows XP...go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices adn you should see the name on the tab where you set the overall volume of the souncard.

I found it in Yahoo auctions in Japan. I have a friend in Japan who buys guitars for me and sends them here...this is the 3rd guitar I got this way from him (first was Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, then Grover Jackson Danny Spitz RR).

Both, Grover Jacksons and Jackson Stars, are made in Japan for Japan and so they go for cheap used there...it's really worth getting them from there if you can! On the other hand USA Jacksons have enormous prices..even used ones!

This one will cost me around 7xx€, after shipping and taxes, but without pickups, hard-case and with replaced hardware...which is lower quality and cheaper than original hardware!! (I have no idea why it was replaced in the first place) This is why I got it that cheap. If it had been in original condition with hardcase, it would have costed around 1000-1100eur (just like my Grover Jackson Danny Spitz RR costed me). In the 1993 catalog it has a list price of 220,000yen.

FYI, this is ALL THE SAME specs as my red Jackson PRO, only with a non-recessed floyd and 24 frets :) (electronics are also different, but I'm not counting those as difference, cause they're easy to replace).

Ah ok. Then the soundcard is a SB X-Fi Audio [EF00]

Lucky you to have that friend then. All your guitars are great. :D

And 1000 Euros is pretty cheap for an RR like that, good deal.

Ah ok. Then the soundcard is a SB X-Fi Audio [EF00]

Lucky you to have that friend then. All your guitars are great. :D

And 1000 Euros is pretty cheap for an RR like that, good deal.

Thanks for the soundcard info!

Yeah...and figure the quality is there on par with what my Jackson Stars RR-J2SP was. I sold it to a guy that also owns a Jackson USA SL1 and he told me that the SL1 go a tough competitor! :)

Im sorry to say i am actually honest now about this jam thing(Im getting really edgy)...i don't have ANY time. Tomorrow i won't be home until late and saturday im moving stuff to a new house. Then on Sunday i have 6 hours of music lesson at school(And after that i cant dream of touching my gutiar) OH FUCK IT JUST PISSES ME OFF SO BAD. Well...next week:lol:

And also, guys, where are all your solos for the forum jam????????????

I'm waiting for:

• Conti
• Altitudes
• Ben Johnson
• Earth Breather
• Muffin

:mad::mad::mad:

I can't participate because of my picking hand, i cant play correctly because my finger is fucked up, sadly, i do not know when it will heal. might be tomorrow, might be never...

it was like 1 post away from a post you made

but thanks for rubbing it in.

His vibrato is too wide, and goes sharp from time to time, but hey, i think pretty much the same as you.

I now announce
that I am not recording a solo for this jam :lol::lol:
I am without means of recording as I have sold my Behringer V-amp to fund a podxt, which I should get by the end of april if time permits.

I now announce
that I am not recording a solo for this jam :lol::lol:
I am without means of recording as I have sold my Behringer V-amp to fund a podxt, which I should get by the end of april if time permits.

If you haven't paid it yet, go for the X3 instead of the XT. It's slightly more expensive but it's the most recent POD. I have the POD X3 and it's really good if you know how to tweak it.