Guitar Player's Thread

He says on that ad that he uses 11-50 for D.

And that's a cool guitar Nazgul, are you planning on sticking a pickup in there that has a cover?

A hypothetical question that someone might be able to answer. If one wanted an endorsement, how would one go about doing this? I don't think an e-mail saying "give me free stuff" is enough. :ill:

For starters, your name should appear on an album that has sold at least 10000 copies. I doubt any company would listen to you otherwise.

That sounds resonable, is that number a fact or is it an estimate you made up? I really have no idea, that's why i'm asking :lol:

I think his pink pinstriped ESP uses the Tite Fit and his yellow pinkstriped ESP uses those HiBeams.

Because the tite Fit strings(described on DR strings along with player) says it's 10-56 and he uses his pink guitar to play Tie my Rope.

Jackson JE1200 mid-boost. Pickup should be working fine. Rust is not a big problem and wire can be always extended.

I just got some pics of my Custom Shop Jackson Stars RR today! It's been refinished and will be shipped to me tomorrow! Can't fucking wait! :headbang:

P3040002m.jpg

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG: amazing!

The necrophagist page is down for me, could it be that they're doing a massive update!?

its the same just your comps

A hypothetical question that someone might be able to answer. If one wanted an endorsement, how would one go about doing this? I don't think an e-mail saying "give me free stuff" is enough. :ill:
if i remember right it supposed to be presentation package just like the one you do when you send your demo to record companies.
and as Ben said you need to be known you need to be selling cds and ppl need to come to your concerts. what is the size of to be known that you got to be i have no clue.
look it that way the company will provide you with an instrument if you have influence on people and the fallow you. you become walking advertisement for them. for the company one instrument/custom shop to give away economically is nothing though they expect that what ever you choose to do they will be selling it.
you are right about formulating it "give me free stuff" as long as they see the potential in this.

There are some really unknown metal bands in Australia with some of their guitarists signed to Jackson Australia. So I really don't know. I do know one of the guys at the music shop at my work is endorsed by some average guitar string brand that gives him free stuff. I guess it's just if you're lucky or if you promote yourself well enough that a company thinks they could make money off you.

There are some really unknown metal bands in Australia with some of their guitarists signed to Jackson Australia. So I really don't know. I do know one of the guys at the music shop at my work is endorsed by some average guitar string brand that gives him free stuff. I guess it's just if you're lucky or if you promote yourself well enough that a company thinks they could make money off you.

That was actually one of the reasons i asked, because there are some relatively unknown guitarists/bands in sweden that are endorsed by famous brands. I know there are different levels on endorsement aswell, especially on guitars and amps. I think i heard somewhere that the lowest endorsement by ibanez is that they give you one free guitar and then discounts on there products or something like that.

Yeah, it seems a little weird. Like I just checked some of the guys endorsed with Jackson Australia and most of them aren't even on any record label and just have a myspace for their band. Some of them only have like one EP out aswell.
I suppose it comes down to skill.

That was actually one of the reasons i asked, because there are some relatively unknown guitarists/bands in sweden that are endorsed by famous brands. I know there are different levels on endorsement aswell, especially on guitars and amps. I think i heard somewhere that the lowest endorsement by ibanez is that they give you one free guitar and then discounts on there products or something like that.

I checked Seymour Duncan endorsement quote the other day and they ask you for record label, list of gigs (and the venue), and that stuff. Dunno other bands. Angelus Apatrida (dunno if you know them, they're a metal band from here and sound kind like Megadeth) are endorsed by Randall and they're just known in Spain and they still play small gigs, but dunno what you really need. Definitely skills is not the most important thing.

I'm not really digging that green ESP. :erk: Looks horrible with gold hardware, not to mention that I don't really like the ESP version.

Jackson ftw. :(