Guitar Player's Thread

I finished my fourth song, and it's up on myspace! It has a power metallish intro, but the rest of the song is pretty much like the rest of my songs. Except for the odd timing interlude. I hope you enjoy it!

Deviance

*listening*
dude fuck myspace open your self soundclick account better quality and unlimited quantity

Unless you get the mick thomson SL1pKn0t signature....it was tuned in drop B...and it sucked

Drop B?!? Whoa, that string must be loose as f**k! :eek: (guess all the strings are pretty loose in drop B tuning, though...)

Btw, to all the guitar players: how do you tune your guitars to D/drop C/etc? Are you able to do that by ear or...?

i use tuner for that but with time i gained the ability to do it by ear too. (i don't have absolute hearing)

I finished my fourth song, and it's up on myspace! It has a power metallish intro, but the rest of the song is pretty much like the rest of my songs. Except for the odd timing interlude. I hope you enjoy it!

Deviance

Great man!!

*listening*
dude fuck myspace open your self soundclick account better quality and unlimited quantity

Agreed.

Drop B?!? Whoa, that string must be loose as f**k! :eek: (guess all the strings are pretty loose in drop B tuning, though...)

Btw, to all the guitar players: how do you tune your guitars to D/drop C/etc? Are you able to do that by ear or...?

I use tuner usually. And about loose strings, it's just a matter of using thicker gauge. 0.13-0.62 f.e.

If you strum the lower three open strings and then start down tuning the lowest string, you will hear when it is in drop because it actually sounds good (sounds like a normal powerchord)

Dudes, I'm bout to buy a new guitar and sell my MMV, if any ones interested in buying it, I will pm/send picts thru msn or yahoo and give other info.

And other thing; recommend me some good guitars worth their price on range of 600-900€, might be able to go for little higher if it isnt the exact price of 900€.
But help on models and your opinions bout them would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Depends on what sound you're after. You can get great ibanezes for that price, but maybe you're more into ESP's?

No lol, I don't like ESP's too much... I kinda think that theyre kinda overpriced...
But, I thought about tone like not too heavy, something to the way of Vai, Yngwie, Jari Mäenpää, etc. etc.
Though I'm gonna go test guitars later to stores and stuff and see what I like.

Bumpy

Mine is in D and Drop C sometimes. Nah the ones using drop b just have higher gauge on strings. Arch enemy play in C tuning...you drop the C string 1 whole step lower and its in Drop B. Parkway Drive plays in Drop B i think.

EDIT: And higher gauge=Higher string tension.

Thanks for all your answers :)

What's a good gauge for a drop C tuning (original floyd rose guitar, FTW)?

Also: d'you need to buy a specific tuner or can any tuner be set to D/drop C?

i use tuner for that but with time i gained the ability to do it by ear too. (i don't have absolute hearing)

It would be so impossible to have absolute hearing.

Mine is in D and Drop C sometimes. Nah the ones using drop b just have higher gauge on strings. Arch enemy play in C tuning...you drop the C string 1 whole step lower and its in Drop B. Parkway Drive plays in Drop B i think.

EDIT: And higher gauge=Higher string tension.

Yeah, Parkway Drive is in Drop B.

Sometimes, I use Drop C(New COB,old SOAD etc.), Drop Db(Nevermore solos or 6-string riffs, new SOAD, etc.), Drop B(Parkway Drive), B(Nevermore 7-string riffs, I'm not sure of that tuning), E(Dragonforce), D(Old COB). In other words, I don't use open tunings or Nasville, etc(those non-regular ones). My guitar doesn't like it when I go from Drop B to E when your strings are used... your first string might break.

I just bought ESP LTD M-50 guitar pack, I really want to learn to play so what would be best way to start playing. I am asking help from u cuz u really know how to play.
Hopefully u guys give me some advices.

thats a really great beginner guitar. umm i would say (try) to get good teacher because it really fuckin helps, i know its metal and br00tal to teach yourself but you can progress 3 times faster. but cyberfret.com is cool, just learn some simple metal stuff like metallica, black sabbath, led zeppelin etc. etc.

mmhmm ok heres would i would recommend

ibanez rga121 (its actually a little l ower then what you suggested) is really fucking awesome and its playibilty is amazing

possibly you could find an old pre-re-issue kramer baretta or a pacer. those things fucking rawk.

bo-el has amazing guitars, i would get an mc6 http://www.huubboel.nl/ENG/boel.html

ibanez pgm301 is really nice, i love the neck

schector jeff loomis sig is fucking ace, if i was to get a 7 string thats what i would get

the new schectors are awesome but the 2008 site hasnt come up yet

hope that helped a lil

Here's a riff from the song that should be done today!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/evyxwj
I've just listened to your new song on myspace, and I like it a lot! :)

I had no idea you play guitar... shame on you for never sayin' it before, Sir Andrew. :mad:
Hey, I joke, you know it. :)

Just to know, theres something you don't like here ? :D

I don't know who you are and what you meant by that, but I can say that I am not a girl who says she likes things to get people's attention, I don't like EVERYTHING, and if I have nothing to say then I just stay silent.

But it's my right to say when I like something, everyone does so.