Guitar Player's Thread

YO all i just had my elektrik guitar 2 months ago and im learning alone i can do some solos (canon rock ,silent bodom night,lake bodom, master of puppet,nothing else matters.....) but i find it difficult to hold many strings in same time(dunno how its called hmmm...)!!! what shud i do?? thanks :)

if you cannot make something than you need to practice it.
there is no secret just practice.

Hello there, I am trying to learn Silent Night, Bodom Night but when I get to the fast section that starts at about 1:07 I start to have trouble, am I right in thinking that this is where Alexi starts sweep picking ? If so, has anyone got any good tips for me to learn how to do this properly ? I have watched this video, found it useful, does anyone have any other advice for me ? Thanks :)

Looking at Bodom tabs on Guitar Pro Plus I get the impression that they use this technique alot so I should really master it if I am going to attempt to learn any more songs by them.

Hello there, I am trying to learn Silent Night, Bodom Night but when I get to the fast section that starts at about 1:07 I start to have trouble, am I right in thinking that this is where Alexi starts sweep picking ? If so, has anyone got any good tips for me to learn how to do this properly ? I have watched this video, found it useful, does anyone have any other advice for me ? Thanks :)

Looking at Bodom tabs on Guitar Pro Plus I get the impression that they use this technique alot so I should really master it if I am going to attempt to learn any more songs by them.

This video explains all the basics, really, just learbn differents shapes and paterns, and start SLOW so it'll be very clean. I started fast and it fucked my technique so i had to relearn everything. And yes ,Alexi use it a lot but he ( fortunately for us! ) don't use hard shapes.

vai
satriani
petrucci
gilbert

I'm seeing them in Cincinatti pretty soon, and Vai isnt' there. I'm asuming its cause he's wrapping up/just wrapped up the Zappa tour (which I also saw, fucking long) but I had never listened to a whole lot of Gilbert until I saw he was going to be on G3 this year. now I'm fucking addicted to Haydnsymphony #88 finale... fucking brilliant.

Also the Dream Theater/Pantera vid was sweet.