Guitar Player's Thread

Question:

If i were to get a Pickup with 4 wires, i.e made to coilsplit. Is it possible to do this JUST on one pickup?
Also, if i was to get TWO pickups, how do one go about and wire both to one Pushpull tone pot, and make it split both pickups at the same time?

I take it that splitting each pickup separatly on volume and Tone would be unnecessary? Or would this "broaden" the spectrum, and add a Singlecoil + Hum ability. Though this might be a tad too expensive..

I'm new to this coilsplitting technology, and i am about to bid on some Jazzy PAF pickups to stick in my LTD, and its listed with FOOUUUR CONDUCTORRZZ COILSPLIT !1!!1! etc, on Ebay. GOtta hand it to those sellers. At any rate, anyone care to fill me in?
explore this link
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources/
and if you have any questions, ask. i hope i will be able to answer

i'm sort of filtering out guitars so i know what one i'll get next, obviously not in a while but... here is what im thinking

edwards e-cy-165tm aqua or the natural, 27 frets btw

img33301532.jpg

caparison horus, also 27 frets

horus.JPG

ibanez jem, all of these are around 2000, ill probably try and snag one of the rarer ones

ibanez_JEM_7VWH_Vai.jpg

floral1.jpg

esp mII-uc

spazzy_mii_uc_3.jpg

bo el mc-6

MC7.jpg

trying to steer away from rr, but id like to get a jackson stars rr-j2sp, or an esp sv

kinda of a big list :lol: what would you guys get?

deff the esp mII-uc
out of those.....but my opinion...get a bc rich

I've also been in a recording mood, I've been playing along to some COB/Sinergy tonight and I felt like recording some so I've made a vid that just shows all the parts that actually went well (i.e. actually remembered how to play the songs...) I still hit wrong notes and improvise certain bits because I thought I might as well leave it all in there.

It's on Sendspace because you'll be able to hear my guitar better if you download the original wmv and it sounds even better if you play it with VLC player.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxtxtv

I played:
• Towards Dead End
• Silent Night, Bodom Night
• Taste Of My Scythe
• The Sin Trade
• The Bitch Is Back
• Towards Dead End (live sweep arpeggio)
• Towards Dead End (outro)

Awesome! Really enjoyed watching that.

caparison horus, also 27 frets

horus.JPG

Because it looks killer!

explore this link
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources/
and if you have any questions, ask. i hope i will be able to answer

Thanks a lot! Electronics classes payed off, i seem to understand these wiring schematics, but if i run into any trouble i'll nag on you ;)

i'm sort of filtering out guitars so i know what one i'll get next, obviously not in a while but... here is what im thinking

edwards e-cy-165tm aqua or the natural, 27 frets btw

img33301532.jpg

ibanez jem, all of these are around 2000, ill probably try and snag one of the rarer ones

ibanez_JEM_7VWH_Vai.jpg

trying to steer away from rr, but id like to get a jackson stars rr-j2sp, or an esp sv

kinda of a big list :lol: what would you guys get?

Deff the Edwards or the JEM for me, but since the jem has a FLAT fretboard, it's piss to set up(atleast from what i have heard), if its not perfectly set up, its awful to play. So i would go for the Edwards, they are good guitars, and not insanely expensive.

Anyone got the price for a new ESP/LTD Alexi-600?

Dunno mate, www.rebelimport.net had a few a while back, and a mate o' mine snatched one for 10 000kr new with an ESP Hardcase.
I have seen a couple of LTD Alexi-600 at the Music Store in Trondheim. I'm going there on Monday, but i do believe the price was around 10-12 000, without hardcase. Sadly it seems Rebelimport don't have them anymore. You can probably send the guy an email though, he lives not far from here, and he's a nice guy. He could probably order one for you.

[/QUOTE] Dunno mate, www.rebelimport.net had a few a while back, and a mate o' mine snatched one for 10 000kr new with an ESP Hardcase.
I have seen a couple of LTD Alexi-600 at the Music Store in Trondheim. I'm going there on Monday, but i do believe the price was around 10-12 000, without hardcase. Sadly it seems Rebelimport don't have them anymore. You can probably send the guy an email though, he lives not far from here, and he's a nice guy. He could probably order one for you. [/QUOTE]

Ok... Thanks mate! :)

my gear....
bc666.jpg

amp.jpg

pedals.jpg

yup that's my rig...no top noch but it put's me through my gigs and my practices thats all i need, and it held up and recording studio when recording a demo, anyone in here know anything about changing pickups i want to change the BC riches in the JR V to emgs....but dont know how.....ugh

idk....i guess it was just there...that room is the most unclean room of all time, theres picks, sheet music, money, wires, strings, lyric sheets, and stuff all over the floor

This is me playing some string skipping diminshed arpeggios, standing up! Not the greatest tone, as the sound was recorded with the inbuilt mic in my phone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rjs370

Feedback would be nice.

Hey that sounded pretty nice :D Though i'm no expert on string skipping diminished arpeggios, and how they are supposed to sound.. It sounded like it was in beat with itself and it sounded nice. Love your guitar!

Inhe, that vid was cool. I think the only thing I could comment on would be the timing. Try working on just the pull offs to get strength so you can do the whole lick easier. It requires it because of the wide stretch. Something like:

e-18p15p12----12h15-
b---------------------
g-----------18-------

Making sure you'll accenting with the left hand and the right hand and of course using a metronome. Then, when it comes to doing that stretch on both strings, it'll be a little easier to get it even.

e-18p15p12-------------
b-----------------------
g-----------18p15p12---

And I put my vid on YouTube too 'cause it's easier.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zYEH6C1lA#

Thx for the comments.

Can I ask everyone here to do me a favour?

I'm playing a festival next week and I've already learnt all the songs but I didn't realise that one of the solos was mine so I have to come up with something cool before next Friday and I'd just like some ideas on what would sound cool.

Here's what I've got to play over:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9to3p

The original is tapping in 8th triplets which doesn't sound too impressive and 16th triplets would be WAY too fast, so I'm thinking either a cool phrased written solo or a repetative 16th note picking thing in the style of Alexi but I'm having trouble.

Anyone wanna stick something in the Lead track and re-upload?

I tried editing out my video of Jackson Stars CS RR, but I just didnt go :(. I'm REALLY pissed about it!!

I managed to get a short video out of it (that was the only time that audio lined up correctly with the video) and I'm uploading it right now. Will post a link in a minute.

I learned a lesson with this....next time I'm using my other camera that records directly in .avi and worked flawlessly before.

Can't wait to download Mitch's new video! I bet it's going to make me sell all my guitar with it's perfectness! :lol:

I got my Grover Jackson RR today. It's very cool and I quickly put a Jackson J90c pickup that I had lying around in it and it sounds awesome! Can't wait till I change out the hardware and thoroughly clean! It will be AWESOME then! :headbang: