Guitar Player's Thread

How many guitars are you buying? :lol:

I'd like a forest green 24 fret S series.

:lol::lol::lol: I'll get or the Edwards or the Jem or the S Series, :lol: Not all (or maybe yes, but not next year, :lol:)

Thank you :) Hopefully all the positive thoughts will work...you know, like the whole mind-body medicine thing...

Sure it'll work, and in two weeks you'll be playing again :kickass:

I will do some setting up/restoring on my schools strat this weekend :kickass: Awesome!:lol: I will...change the tremolo springs,change strings,clean fretboard(incredibly dirty) and just some minor work.

BTW: How many springs does a strat have? 3 or 5?

Depends on how many springs you put in there last time you setted it up, :lol: I've never used 4th and 5th springs.

I don't know, but I'd like to edit out the parts that I don't want you to see :D.

:lol: That's huge! Seems we're gonna get lot of footage, :kickass::lol:

i'm sort of filtering out guitars so i know what one i'll get next, obviously not in a while but... here is what im thinking

edwards e-cy-165tm aqua or the natural, 27 frets btw

img33301532.jpg

caparison horus, also 27 frets

horus.JPG

ibanez jem, all of these are around 2000, ill probably try and snag one of the rarer ones

ibanez_JEM_7VWH_Vai.jpg

floral1.jpg

esp mII-uc

spazzy_mii_uc_3.jpg

bo el mc-6

MC7.jpg

trying to steer away from rr, but id like to get a jackson stars rr-j2sp, or an esp sv

kinda of a big list :lol: what would you guys get?

alright guys, so I went a little farther with the Conti and Mitch solo thing and just turned it into a full solo. I am really proud of this recording and I think its my best to date. I'm not sure if this is the final mix so tell me if anything is too loud or soft. If you cant tell I think my playing influenced by Mitch in a lot of parts with the harmonics, hah, well enjoy!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5h0rso

i'm sort of filtering out guitars so i know what one i'll get next, obviously not in a while but... here is what im thinking

edwards e-cy-165tm aqua or the natural, 27 frets btw

kinda of a big list :lol: what would you guys get?

just a question: why are you always so anxious to get new guitars/gear? just chill out and enjoy what you have right now.

alright guys, so I went a little farther with the Conti and Mitch solo thing and just turned it into a full solo. I am really proud of this recording and I think its my best to date. I'm not sure if this is the final mix so tell me if anything is too loud or soft. If you cant tell I think my playing influenced by Mitch in a lot of parts with the harmonics, hah, well enjoy!

that was freakin' good! really good playing and writing for that BT.

but what do you mean by "conti and mitch solo thing"?

just a question: why are you always so anxious to get new guitars/gear? just chill out and enjoy what you have right now.

haha im not, im just planning for the future so when i have money i know exactly what to get. im getting a new amp before anything and im only gonna work the summer so thats all i plan on getting.

Conti: i really loved that! but every new "section" seemed to be differently mixed, some were really hard too hear and some were to loud. awesome playing though, a little to much open g to teh 5th fret harmonic but i'll let it slide :)

I agree, it's your best recording. Tone is great, playing is great, what more could you want. :kickass:

I've also been in a recording mood, I've been playing along to some COB/Sinergy tonight and I felt like recording some so I've made a vid that just shows all the parts that actually went well (i.e. actually remembered how to play the songs...) I still hit wrong notes and improvise certain bits because I thought I might as well leave it all in there.

It's on Sendspace because you'll be able to hear my guitar better if you download the original wmv and it sounds even better if you play it with VLC player.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxtxtv

I played:
• Towards Dead End
• Silent Night, Bodom Night
• Taste Of My Scythe
• The Sin Trade
• The Bitch Is Back
• Towards Dead End (live sweep arpeggio)
• Towards Dead End (outro)

I agree, it's your best recording. Tone is great, playing is great, what more could you want. :kickass:

I've also been in a recording mood, I've been playing along to some COB/Sinergy tonight and I felt like recording some so I've made a vid that just shows all the parts that actually went well (i.e. actually remembered how to play the songs...) I still hit wrong notes and improvise certain bits because I thought I might as well leave it all in there.

It's on Sendspace because you'll be able to hear my guitar better if you download the original wmv and it sounds even better if you play it with VLC player.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxtxtv

I played:
• Towards Dead End
• Silent Night, Bodom Night
• Taste Of My Scythe
• The Sin Trade
• The Bitch Is Back
• Towards Dead End (live sweep arpeggio)
• Towards Dead End (outro)

Tight playing! Sounds terrific, I enjoyed this video! :headbang: :kickass:

I will...I have to edit it though...it's like 350mb in size, I can't even upload a file big like that! I'd take hours!!

Use Total Video Converter 2007 and convert into avi.then use whatever program to edit out parts afterwards.

@COCOB about strat springs: Thanx man. Well im just confused because first my MMV had 3...then i got RR24 and it had 4. I also put 5 springs on my friends ibanez because i was low on springs :lol: I just added two...helped though :lol: And it looked awesome with 5 springs :lol::Smokin:

@Failure: Yeah i always have the urge/habit to plan ahead too...doesn't matter that im so fuckin satisfied with my gear(I really am) but still...planning FTW!!! It's goddamn fun and time killing.

@COCOB about strat springs: Thanx man. Well im just confused because first my MMV had 3...then i got RR24 and it had 4. I also put 5 springs on my friends ibanez because i was low on springs :lol: I just added two...helped though :lol: And it looked awesome with 5 springs :lol::Smokin:

Yeah i got 4 springs with my RR24 but i took one out