Guitar Player's Thread

http://www.spv.de/tv/

Really cool interview with Symphony X ! Mostly MJR, but also with the rest of the guys. Russel Allen reeally looks like King Leonidas! :lol:

I like when he asks LePond(the bassist) "Oh, you got a caparison too, is it a custom like Romeo's?" - "No, i'm not quite that cool yet..." :lol:

fucking cheers for posting that. Romeo is kinda sounding like marty friedman nowadays...
btw if anyone cares and this has probably been posted before, but Romeo is now fully endorsed by ENGL and is on their site

I just found out today that the festival that I'm playing with the band Death By Desire will be video recorded and snapped up by one of the band's friends. When I get a copy of the DVD and pics, I'll post 'em. Just gotta practise my Alexi headbanging. :lol:

fucking cheers for posting that. Romeo is kinda sounding like marty friedman nowadays...
btw if anyone cares and this has probably been posted before, but Romeo is now fully endorsed by ENGL and is on their site

He sounded a bit like Alexi too me :lol:

Fully endorsed? And he still gets to use his Line 6? He says that he enjoys the simplicity and versatility of the line 6, so why would he change that? :ill:

good job, work on that part starting at :38

Not much to review really, it's an awesome guitar, and it's an Ibanez!

Quite high output PU's, but still defined. Might be a little overpriced, but still not as much as ESP's or Deans of this quality, so i couldn't be happier (well maybe if it was orange).

sweet, i have like 7 guitars im trying to narrow down after i get my new amp. i could probably get a jem for 1500 though :)

I was at my local guitar dealer today, and i tried out the 50W version of the Marshall Vintage Modern. I was reaaally amazed at how it sounded, muuch better than i was expecting + it's alot cheaper than the JCM800, and ontop of that, my local guitar store had a cheaper deal on that amp, so that's going to be the one i'm buying! :D The sound was really thick, but not bassy thick like Mesa boogies, more like MABs tone, really awesome.

nice dude the 2266 right?

Hey all! I totally did not expect it today....MY JACKSON STARS CUSTOM SHOP RR IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JacksonStarsCustomShopRR.jpg

DSCN0167m.jpg

DSCN0172m.jpg

DSCN0175m.jpg

DSCN0179m.jpg

DSCN0186m.jpg

DSCN0188m.jpg

This guitar just simply ROCKS!! :rock. Huge tone and sustains for days!!! :worship:

Would have been better with a non-recessed floyd, but ok.

I promise to take some better pics of the guitar when I put J50BC+JE1000 in it over the weekend (I hope)!! I'll put the pics in the guitar compilattion thread then aswell.

mooother fucckkka. jesus those are awesome guitars. i want to see you play as well :)

^^^ Remember you wanted to know about endorsements and such?

Well I said something about some unsigned bands being endorsed by Jackson Australia.
Now one of the unsigned bands is supporting CoB on their Australian tour.

It really does confuse me. How such a band could be so lucky.

I haven't heard them, so i can't really say anything, but it does sound a little weird if they're still unsigned.

That's a good price! Although it still is cheaper for me to buy the Vintage Modern in sweden + i liked the sound of it more!

Cheaper? Wow, the cheaper I've found the vintage was 1100 €, so lucky you. Go for it. If I can't afford a JCM I might try a Buguera 6260 or 6262 head. For their price I can't imagine a better sound, as they're belived to be Peavey's 5150 copies, :lol:

Well, it's a bit complicated actually. The prices are cheaper on that site, although since i'm going to buy it from a local shop, they can always push the price to be nice, especially when you're buying expensive things. Also, it's easier for me to pick it up then having them deliver 60KG of stuff to my door, and if something goes wrong, it's easy to return it to them.

Yes, it's true. I order from the net because my local shop rapes everyone who goes in there. 1€ a pick, 1750 a RR 24 (mine was 1000 at Musik Produktiv), etc. Only time benefit was mine was when I got my Randall halfstack. They forgot to charge the cabinet, :lol:

Yes, it's true. I order from the net because my local shop rapes everyone who goes in there. 1€ a pick, 1750 a RR 24 (mine was 1000 at Musik Produktiv), etc. Only time benefit was mine was when I got my Randall halfstack. They forgot to charge the cabinet, :lol:

Well, it's the same thing at my local shop, but they're having a special deal on the VM, so that's why it's cheaper than most other things. They charge 2000€ just for the JCM800KK head :lol:

my great uncle died and my grandpa went down and sort through all his belongings and he is sending a guitar he found to me, i hope it's not haunted...

Well, it's the same thing at my local shop, but they're having a special deal on the VM, so that's why it's cheaper than most other things. They charge 2000€ just for the JCM800KK head :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm going there this evening for picks, I'll ask how much would they ask for those and I'll tell you, :lol: But just FYI, they charge 3000€ on a rectifier, :lol: So go figure, and I'll tell you in couple of hours, :lol:

my great uncle died and my grandpa went down and sort through all his belongings and he is sending a guitar he found to me, i hope it's not haunted...

Sorry about your great uncle. Post some pics of the guitar when you have it, and don't worry, ghosts belong to fantasy books, :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Seriously man! I shat bricks:lol: BIG RED ONES!