Guitar Player's Thread

Ok, I have some hours off time from my latin studies (I waste them by posting here lol).

Ruins: Yes, I'll go to the Musikfair in Frankfurt. You too? Which day? I'll be there on saturday (public day).

The others: I'm at the Musicfair in Frankfurt on saturday. This is my schedule, but it's gonna be bloody full, so I don't expect to see all of them:

10:30
Rage (Agora Stage/Festivalzelt) then Smolski Solo

11:00
Stu Hamm (Hartke/4.0C35)

12:00
Children Of Bodom (ESP/4.0C45)

13:00
Kiko Loureiro (Soundservice/8.0K48)

I could see Michael Angelo at the same time, but I've already seen him playing a long clinic at Wacken.

13:30
Andy Timmons

Perhaps I'll go to see Peter Fischer after Timmons, but I've seen Fischer years ago.

15:00
Jeff Loomis (Schecter/4.2E15)

perhaps 15:30 Kerry King for Marshall

16:00
Yngwie Malmsteen (Fender/4.0E08) Clinic, perhaps signing

17:00

Kerry King (Dunlop/4.2D24)

And the Marshall page says that Paul Gilbert will be there, but dunno when and where. I must find out!

Do you guys want me to look at any specific equipment? I won't have much time and it's too full to test stuff comfortable, butI could try. The first on my list is the Xiphos 7string for Brad.

Enjoy it a lot, try and review whatever you want, :lol: Wrll, if you could try one of the 555 Vai signatures and tell me how it is it'd be good, but it's not necessary if you're on a tight schedule, :lol:

I already tried one when I bought my guitar. Seriously, the 555 is not a bad guitar. But I would never ever prefer it over an ibanez (prestige series) in the same price range. You pay alot for the name Vai (and you have "Vai" in the 24st fret, what sucks imo). The playability is not outstanding and it looks a bit like a wannabe guitar because the tree of life inlays only reach the 12th fret.

I played one of the expensive series, like Inhe's, and you absolutely can't compare them. The 555 is not bad, but the main reason why you buy it will be the look, not the quality.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Can't write it bigger, :lol: I really hope there's no need for cast again.
Thank you :) Hopefully all the positive thoughts will work...you know, like the whole mind-body medicine thing...

:lol: but your shirt is awesome. I have the same one ;)

my great uncle died and my grandpa went down and sort through all his belongings and he is sending a guitar he found to me, i hope it's not haunted...

Tonyyyy!! long time no see or talk. Hope he sends you a good guitar.

Hey Corny, is this Musikfair in Frankfurt kinda like a NAMM? like is it just a bunch of different clinics you can go to and try out different guitars and stuff? or is it like an actual show where they perform?

(sorry for the double post)

No, there are mostly clinics and testing possibilities. The fair starts today, but mortal humen may only go on saturday. That means it'll be extremely packed, I hope I see anything (well, I'm pretty tall, it won't be a problem).

Malmsteen plays a full show with Ripper on friday but as I said, not for normal visitors.

And I feel really sorry for you, but on the other hand I'm glad that you're alive. And not paraplegic or something. By the way, you added me on msn ages ago. And now, when I start msn more than one time a month, you're never there ;)

No, there are mostly clinics and testing possibilities. The fair starts today, but mortal humen may only go on saturday. That means it'll be extremely packed, I hope I see anything (well, I'm pretty tall, it won't be a problem).

Malmsteen plays a full show with Ripper on friday but as I said, not for normal visitors. [/qoute]

ohh I see. So if you're not a normal visitor do you have a special pass or something? It's be awesome to see Malmsteen playing a full show.

And I feel really sorry for you, but on the other hand I'm glad that you're alive. And not paraplegic or something. By the way, you added me on msn ages ago. And now, when I start msn more than one time a month, you're never there ;)

aww thank you for your sympathy. if you saw pics of my car, you would definitely wonder how I made it out alive. somehow my body was ejected from the vehicle and the paramedics found me lying on the freeway unconscious. i was in a coma for 2 days. but maybe I'll post some pics of my car in pics thread.

and I never used to see you on msn either! I'll go on right now tho.

I will do some setting up/restoring on my schools strat this weekend :kickass: Awesome!:lol: I will...change the tremolo springs,change strings,clean fretboard(incredibly dirty) and just some minor work.

BTW: How many springs does a strat have? 3 or 5?

Question:

If i were to get a Pickup with 4 wires, i.e made to coilsplit. Is it possible to do this JUST on one pickup?
Also, if i was to get TWO pickups, how do one go about and wire both to one Pushpull tone pot, and make it split both pickups at the same time?

I take it that splitting each pickup separatly on volume and Tone would be unnecessary? Or would this "broaden" the spectrum, and add a Singlecoil + Hum ability. Though this might be a tad too expensive..

I'm new to this coilsplitting technology, and i am about to bid on some Jazzy PAF pickups to stick in my LTD, and its listed with FOOUUUR CONDUCTORRZZ COILSPLIT !1!!1! etc, on Ebay. GOtta hand it to those sellers. At any rate, anyone care to fill me in?

I recorded a video of me playing my new Jackson Stars CS RR...but it's in .mov format and I'm having some troubles converting it to a .avi or .mpeg...for some reason sound gets fucked up when I try to edit it with Ulead VideoStudio :S. I'll sort it out soon and then upload the video!

I recorded a video of me playing my new Jackson Stars CS RR...but it's in .mov format and I'm having some troubles converting it to a .avi or .mpeg...for some reason sound gets fucked up when I try to edit it with Ulead VideoStudio :S. I'll sort it out soon and then upload the video!

Won't YouTube take .mov files? Or haven't you tried?