Guitar Player's Thread

Well, I'd use it for soloing mostly, so a bit of lead (first off then on, maybe your upcoming solo for the festival thing??:lol:) and just show this hum while not playing. If you want to record a pair of chords go on, the more the better. And thanks.

P.S.: What about selling the EMG that came with the J2SP?

Right, here it is.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dj4n1i

I turned the trim pot to full so that when the switch is on, you get the most gain possible.

I also did it on clean to show how much it adds, be prepared. :lol:

And I realised that the hum that you will hear at the end is ONLY because of the computer. When I turn away from it, I hear nothing, even with the switch on full. Although I DID hear it when I was at band practise the other day and the RR was plugged straight into a Marshall MG combo so I guess it just depends. I'm assuming it's because the Marshall is more powerful that the PX4 that I'm using here.

And I could sell the EMG I suppose. I don't use it and it doesn't fit in my BC Rich so I actually have no use for it right now.

Isn't mitch putting a JE-1000 there instead?

I don't know how long that'll take.

Pђoenix;7065171 said:
Awesome Corny, sounds like you had one hell of a day. Thanks so much for taking the time to try out the Xiphos, it's much appreciated :) Totally agree about Mitch's new vids to, they're excellent, especially the one with the scream mask!

Yeah, definitely. He's lucky that such a thing happened there. Great review but shame about no pics.

^Yeah computer monitors are a real problem. Ive heard Seymour duncan blackouts don't react like that to computer monitors :p

Yeah, but do Musamaailma ship outside Finland?

They seem to do if you ask them to. As far as i know. Another interesting thing is that they can order you a ESP EDWARDS if you want...i asked them last summer and they said "it's entirely possible...might take longer time than a ordinary guitar but you can. You have to pay in advance though...but besides that there is no problem"

MM04 is said to be clone of JE1000. I've wonderd about that question myself for a long ass time...id guess it sounds almost like J-50BC+Je1000

Well if using Blackouts will get me a tone like on Blooddrunk, then FUCK that.

I doubt it...it's said to be almost like a EMG 81 in basics but much better in a way. I see you share the opinion i have. I haven't listened to the whole album but i think guitars on blooddrunk the song sound a bit weak and muddy.

Right, here it is.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dj4n1i

I turned the trim pot to full so that when the switch is on, you get the most gain possible.

I also did it on clean to show how much it adds, be prepared. :lol:

And I realised that the hum that you will hear at the end is ONLY because of the computer. When I turn away from it, I hear nothing, even with the switch on full. Although I DID hear it when I was at band practise the other day and the RR was plugged straight into a Marshall MG combo so I guess it just depends. I'm assuming it's because the Marshall is more powerful that the PX4 that I'm using here.

And I could sell the EMG I suppose. I don't use it and it doesn't fit in my BC Rich so I actually have no use for it right now.

I don't know how long that'll take.

Yeah, definitely. He's lucky that such a thing happened there. Great review but shame about no pics.

Thanks for the review Mitch. It's not that much hum, definitely something I could live with. Of course my 81 would be a bit noiser, but nothing a NR can't cut or at leas decrease.

Should I PM about the EMG?

^Yeah computer monitors are a real problem. Ive heard Seymour duncan blackouts don't react like that to computer monitors :p

They seem to do if you ask them to. As far as i know. Another interesting thing is that they can order you a ESP EDWARDS if you want...i asked them last summer and they said "it's entirely possible...might take longer time than a ordinary guitar but you can. You have to pay in advance though...but besides that there is no problem"

Thanks fot the info.

Well if using Blackouts will get me a tone like on Blooddrunk, then FUCK that.

I like BD's tone, :lol: I know is not that defined and that stuff, but in Mike Portnoy's words ''It's balls'' :lol: But seeing you're huge Sinergy and earlier Bodom stuff it's easy to spot why you don't like the tone there.

I find some parts of Blooddrunk(the song...not album) weak and muddy. The place where the verse starts is really nice sounding though and i love the sound on BFH. It's maybe not as consistent as i like it all the time...sometimes it really hit's peaks though!

Can't judge the album's tone yet though because i refuse to download it :lol:

I doubt it...it's said to be almost like a EMG 81 in basics but much better in a way. I see you share the opinion i have. I haven't listened to the whole album but i think guitars on blooddrunk the song sound a bit weak and muddy.

Well considering Alexi is using them and I dislike the rhythm tone on BD, I'd say that I'm more than likely right.

children of COB said:
Thanks for the review Mitch. It's not that much hum, definitely something I could live with. Of course my 81 would be a bit noiser, but nothing a NR can't cut or at leas decrease.

Indeed.

children of COB said:
Should I PM about the EMG?

Are you actually interested in buying it then?

children of COB said:
I like BD's tone, :lol: I know is not that defined and that stuff, but in Mike Portnoy's words ''It's balls'' :lol: But seeing you're huge Sinergy and earlier Bodom stuff it's easy to spot why you don't like the tone there.

Yeah, comparing the BD tone to SBMS is just silly. Which one am I going to choose? :lol:

the phenom said:
I find some parts of Blooddrunk(the song...not album) weak and muddy. The place where the verse starts is really nice sounding though and i love the sound on BFH. It's maybe not as consistent as i like it all the time...sometimes it really hit's peaks though!

Yeah, I agree. But as you mentioned, it does sound horribly muddy in certain parts of the album. It's like, I can't even tell what they're playing, it's that bad. Tuning to Drop C doesn't help either.

At least Sixpounder sounded good in that tuning.

Dunno why but I think I know which tone are you going to choose, :lol: ¡

About the EMG, let's say I could be interested if it comes cheaper than a brand new HZ 4, :lol: (100€ more or less incl. shiping in Thomann).

i Sort of really want an EMG 81 nowadays. I used to NOT like them, but i'd love to have one in my Jackson Kelly, as i have it tuned in Open C for SYL and Devin Townsend stuff, and it'd be cool to have the same pickup as him, just for the lulz.

Mitch, if you'd sell yours, what do you recon the price would be? Really cheap right :D:D:D:D!? :lol:..

Dunno why but I think I know which tone are you going to choose, :lol: ¡

About the EMG, let's say I could be interested if it comes cheaper than a brand new HZ 4, :lol: (100€ more or less incl. shiping in Thomann).

Fucking euros. :lol: Converter time.

Right, I looked on Thomann and a new one costs 87.00 Euros total.

Would 50-60 be reasonable? I had it in the RR less than a week and since then, it's been sitting in a draw untouched. It's in perfect condition.

i Sort of really want an EMG 81 nowadays. I used to NOT like them, but i'd love to have one in my Jackson Kelly, as i have it tuned in Open C for SYL and Devin Townsend stuff, and it'd be cool to have the same pickup as him, just for the lulz.

Mitch, if you'd sell yours, what do you recon the price would be? Really cheap right :D:D:D:D!? :lol:..

I don't have an EMG 81. ;)

*taken from the Nevermore board*

CIMG2403.jpg

CIMG2401.jpg

CIMG2400.jpg

CIMG2398.jpg

CIMG2420.jpg

CIMG2421.jpg

CIMG2422.jpg

CIMG2423.jpg

CIMG2424.jpg

CIMG2425.jpg

CIMG2426.jpg

CIMG2427.jpg

CIMG2428.jpg

CIMG2429.jpg

^Cool pics! Loomis is a weird guy, but he's great playing.

Fucking euros. :lol: Converter time.

Right, I looked on Thomann and a new one costs 87.00 Euros total.

Would 50-60 be reasonable? I had it in the RR less than a week and since then, it's been sitting in a draw untouched. It's in perfect condition.

I don't have an EMG 81. ;)

Well I supose 50 would be good (I've not been able to find HZ 3 anywhere so we'll take HZ as standard), but how much would be shipping and most important how?

o rite, ofcourse, sorry! :lol:

I'd be interested yes :D Can't promise anything though,.. Money.. :erk:

Would you take the 81 same price I take Mitch's HZ 3 ? (in Thomman 81 would be around 100€ shipping inc)

A thing that I have to tell you is that, as I've no idea how to wire/unwire p-ups, before I could send you the p-up I would have to take it to the luthier to take it out and chuck the other in. Would it be ok (this would take about a week or two since Mitch's arrived)?

I'm not sure how much shipping would be, it just depends when I take it to the counter at the Post Office. And how? I'd put it in a post bag and write your address on it.

And check out my post towards the other guy that can't do pickups. It's easy.

@ Corny
awesome review! i wish i could see it my self too.
i couldn't come because on the last fuckin minute i had money issues :cry:
you said you prepared your cam so was it allowed to take pictures did you see any one taking pictures?

Alot of pages to read through! Thanks for the blessing on the Vintage Modern Corny, I actually already put a down payment on the amp anyway :lol: and it looks like you had a great time!

@COCOB: You better hope i had a bad wiring on my Afterburner or that the PA2 is better! I tell you it's very possible since it was not the simpliest because i had 2 pickups. The instructions were not the best but yeah. The most painful moment in my fucking life was seeing my own guitar getting drilled. I simply could not watch!!!:lol: Well as i said it could have been bad wiring that made it noisy(listened to Mitch's recordings and got the impression mine was slightly noisier). Yeah i agree on that the difference is huge too! It really is...gives lots more sustain and tons of gain. (Remembers if you have gain at high on your amp too how fucking easy tapping got :lol:!!!!!)

@ Corny
awesome review! i wish i could see it my self too.
i couldn't come because on the last fuckin minute i had money issues :cry:
you said you prepared your cam so was it allowed to take pictures did you see any one taking pictures?

No, it wasn't allowed, but everyone there took pictures, noone cared. It was not a problem - only at the malmsteen clinic: Security guys went through the guests and tried to force them to take down the cams. (It didn't work though... poor fatty)
I think there are lots of pics online, I haven't searched yet.

And by the way, CoB were there to sign stuff. I mentioned before that I'm not interested in autographs, but if I were, I probably hadn't got them at the musikmesse. The queue was immense, and it was full of very young and gay emos. I'm personalised tolerance, but if I see a side parting again in the next days, I'll freak out. I guess Alexi thought the same, seems like he was very pissed off :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: