Guitar Player's Thread

I don't have an EMG 81. ;)

I know now :cry:

Reading threads too fast = fail :erk:

As for about 50-60€ for the 81 from you coCOB, i'll have to await for a little.. Just got a bunch of bills in the mail (fucking car, cant use it, but have to pay for having it >_>, there goes 400€...) that i have to pay, and im not really made of money.. Ontop of that i just ordered some PU's and switches from the States (GFS Coilsplittable pickups, Jazz PAF on neck and some Hot output Rail on bridge), so the extracash just went out the window :lol:..

Waiting 2 weeks for the pickup to get out of the guitar or what you said, is nooo problem :lol:

so as you can see, theres no rush at all, really :lol:

^Nope, no idea :ill:

Gainbooster part 2: I e-mailed B-music and they said that MM04 (which btw is ESP and not EMG) would cost 100€ including shipping. PA2 in 60 so I'm thinking about getting it. I'm just waiting for them to tell me how much would it take. But, just to be sure (they don't say), MM04 is only for passives as JE-1000?

I'm not sure how much shipping would be, it just depends when I take it to the counter at the Post Office. And how? I'd put it in a post bag and write your address on it.

And check out my post towards the other guy that can't do pickups. It's easy.

So you'd go to the Post Office to send it and then they'd tell you XXX pounds and then what? You pay and then tell me ''Dude, it was XXX'' and I pay back? Or you pay shipping :lol::lol:? About post bag, wouldn't it get damaged if it's carried like normal post? Dunno, never sent anything so I'm a total n00b at that, :lol:

Which post do you mean? In this thread? I'll try and search.

I know now :cry:

Reading threads too fast = fail :erk:

As for about 50-60€ for the 81 from you coCOB, i'll have to await for a little.. Just got a bunch of bills in the mail (fucking car, cant use it, but have to pay for having it >_>, there goes 400€...) that i have to pay, and im not really made of money.. Ontop of that i just ordered some PU's and switches from the States (GFS Coilsplittable pickups, Jazz PAF on neck and some Hot output Rail on bridge), so the extracash just went out the window :lol:..

Waiting 2 weeks for the pickup to get out of the guitar or what you said, is nooo problem :lol:

so as you can see, theres no rush at all, really :lol:

That's ok. If you want we can wait until April and then we'd talk again about it.

I just sold my fucking Boss Metalzone for 60€(93$) :kickass: :lol: Next in the summer my amplifier goes! For a bit over 200€...everything unneccesary will go away.

you never told me what happend to your amp....

Hi folks, I just returned from the musicfair in Frankfurt, it was AWESOME.

Bad news first: I noticed that I had left the fresh batteries for the digicam at home when I entered the fair. So no pics :( :(

The only things I could do for you guys:
@brad: I checked the Xiphos 7-string. The setup was good and it was pretty cool to play. Light and good balanced. The bridge was fixed though, what's a major turn down in my eyes.
@mitch: yes, I enjoyed the musikmesse it for you too. ;)
@inhe: I listened carefully to the marshall vintage modern in live action, because Mr. Paul Gilbert used it. More info down the page.

I didn't check much equipment, I mainly listened to cool players:

- Kiko Loureiro: I knew that he is good. But I didn't knew that he is so...WOAH. I stood there, at a very small space at the side of the corridor with an ultimate bass-beast, they played to a playback CD. He promoted ESP and Zoom and had a very, very good tone.
The technique and the absolutely original licks made him become my new 3rd-favorite-guitar-player (after Vai and Pablo). Plus, I liked that he played all these hyper fast licks with the same right hand technique like me (open right hand) and not with this fist technique.

- IA Ekhlund: I think you guys know, that he has a very self-contained way of playing and many interesting ideas. I like him (I own Freak Guitar II), but I'm not a fan of his extreme dry tone, he promoted Laney, of course.
But he gets 123087235ß734589 bonus points for merriness and niceness. He was so funny.
"Ok, everyone, please sing along, just like this (in 16th)! '1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 1-2-3-4-5-6 1-2-3-4-5 1-2-3-4 1-2-3 1-2 1'"
"The next song is based on arpeggios. You know, like the five-string-arpeggios all the power metal bands play" - plays very fast random five-string arpeggios and sings with a voice like an eunuch: "STEEEEEEEEEEEL FIREEEEEEEEE DRAGOOOONS EXPLOSIOOOOOOOON!"

- Paul Gilbert: He was there for marshall and he was BRILLIANT, cool, nice, you name it. I queued up 40 minutes before, so that I got into the 4th row. He played 50 minutes, but nothing from GOOMY. I haven't heard all songs of the new album yet, but I remember that he played:
Gargoyles, I cannot lie, an Elvis Costello Cover and Scarified, Technical difficulties.
He was funny and nice too. He played alone, without a band but with a playback CD, in a small room. After every song, he turned around, took the Tracklist, and yelled the next track number to the roadie, so that he could skip to the right track.
"The next song is from Racer X, it's called SCAAAAARIFIEEEEEEEED"
- silence... Paul notices that he forgot to tell the roadie the right track number...he turns around, looks at the tracklist.... turns to the mic again:
"NUMBER EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT"

Well, when I first heard that Paul changed from Laney to Marshall, I was disappointed. But today, Paul sounded great. He played the Marshall Vintage Modern, 2x12 Combo. He played without a mic and not with much effects, so he had a very pure tone. The amp is very, very honest. The dynamic range is so wide, that the volume knob of your guitar can change a lot. The amp shows you if you play good or not, but this gives you more possibilities of expression too. All Marshalls I've heard so far had this character, but especially this one sounded very cool. Go for it, Inhe :cool:

Jeff Loomis:
Ok, he didn't say a single word and was very shy, but he played extremely fast and extremly flawless. Equipment was Shecter Sig and Engl Special Edition. I recognized some Nevermore tunes like "Born", but he combined it with endless cool solos. I'm still flashed how someone can play so fast and clean over such a long time.

Yngwie Malmsteen:
Well, it was Yngwie. I'm glad that I could see him, but compared to Kiko and Paulm, it was boring. The typical Yngwie thing, cool, but we heard it 123238947289 times. His performance was good though, much guitar throwing on stage.

So the only sad thing was, that I didn't see Andy Timmons because he played at the same time as Paul Gilbert. Special Highlights were Paul and Kiko.

------
@mitch: your last videos are awesome, you freak.

dude, sick. yeah kiko is one of my favorites, his solo album is amazing

@Failure: My randall? It's still in warranty repair(lousy thomann)...my peavey ehm? Ive had it for about 1 and ½ year. After half year it blew up and it was sent to thomann and after that ive used it on band practice until i got the randall. Now it's at home but i hate it so much that in summer it will really need to go and i will use my randall for home use for some time :)

EDIT: Oh you mean what was wrong with my Randall? Well it lost volume/gain all the time and i could not play 10 minutes un-interrupted without a malfunction. I checked cables and everything and yeah...now its in repair.

Anyone heard of any '08 models from Jackson? I've heard there should be some new models out after April!:OMG:

You mean like the RR24 with a maple neck?

So you'd go to the Post Office to send it and then they'd tell you XXX pounds and then what? You pay and then tell me ''Dude, it was XXX'' and I pay back? Or you pay shipping :lol::lol:? About post bag, wouldn't it get damaged if it's carried like normal post? Dunno, never sent anything so I'm a total n00b at that, :lol:

Yes.

That's it. It won't get damaged because there'll be bubblewrap on the inside etc or newspaper and I'll send it recorded delivery.

Anyone know if the J2SP is better than the ESp SV or equal to? sorry for diverting the topic,im just interested in others viewpoints

I wrote a passage on this a couple of pages back. What's BETTER depends on the person, not the guitar.

If you mean in terms of build quality and playability ONLY, then I don't know, I've only played the J2SP so I can't compare.

Dunno...holy shit! A totally black RR24 with maple neck would be T3h seckz:kickass::lol: I've just heard there should be some new stuff from Jackson later this year. I hope there is!

This is what I heard:

New colors from Jackson:

Agent Orange (burnt orange metallic)
Absynth Green (bright green metallic)
Silver Black Dragon (King Vs only I think)
Copperhead!!!!
SnakeSkin!!!!!!

And the new models:

PD1 Demolition (looks great in person)
RR5FR (floyded rr5) available in april
RR24M (maple neck rr24) available in april
KV5 (has 22 frets neck through KV) available in april
SLS USA (spring)
SLSMG with new colors (snow white and green swirl) spring
SLS DUNCAN!! this is still a "maybe"

On the mapple fretboaed thing, one day messing up with JCF Custom editor I came up with this, which I like quite a lot.

CustomRRmaplefretboard.jpg

You mean like the RR24 with a maple neck?

Yes.

That's it. It won't get damaged because there'll be bubblewrap on the inside etc or newspaper and I'll send it recorded delivery.

That's ok. I'm going to wait until B-music tells me how much would it take to ship the MM04, and after that I'll think about it and I'll tell you if I take it ok?

Well, the guitar was designed just to see how the maple fretboard could fit, but I'll try more dsigns, as, some day, I'm going to have a cutom built, :lol:

How about this one ? I hope maple RR24 are sth like that (don't look at the gb switch, :lol:, it's a bad habit I have).

CustomRRmaplefretboardsnowwhite.jpg