Guitar Player's Thread

33241va.jpg

YOU STOLE LAIHO'S JACKSONS, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

:)

Hey mitch, i was watching the paul gilbert clinic you uploaded to youtube,

That one tune he plays at about 20 seconds in, Is that from one of his songs? I tabbed it out and am learning it, but id like to hear him play it in one of his songs if it is where its from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall it being in any songs ever written by Paul, no.

Although there is one bar during the solo in the Racer X song, "Sunlit Nights" where he does the descending version in harmony with Bruce, but as I said, never the full thing like you see on the video.

Hey Mitch can you figure out how Jiri and Roope are doing this sliding/tapping thing and tab it our real quick? [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OS-9LBRIWrY[/ame]
Thanks!

Doesn't sound like it would be very effective.:Smug:

I thought that too before i got a MXR M-108 10 band EQ. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world. It's incredible...you can basically get any sound with it because you can boost so many different frequencies or cut back. It's basically like a "advanced" amp eq.

@Lowberg "OD FTW!!": Yeah agreed:lol: OD Is teh shit :lol:

I do agree though. My Ibanez RG with the maple board sounds brighter than all my other guitars.

Including my new and improved, WildChild RR. :lol: :kickass::heh:

33241va.jpg

I'm gonna whore some more pics of it 'cause I've been in a homo photography mood.

whaz2c.jpg

15r1l61.jpg

i3s2vt.jpg

2m41vd5.jpg
Thanks for posting these, great pictures, Mitch... love this guitar, it's my fav guitar in the world, I think.

Anyway... don't forget that your other guitars are all nice too... you're very lucky to have all these treasures.

Ok... So i have this problem... My Ibanez RGR-320EX is tuned in Eb or a half step down if you like.. I have 010 strings on it.. I have tuned it and the bridge is "leveled". And i have locked the locking nuts of course... But every time i use the tremolo it goes out of tune... But i can almost get in tune again by "lifting" or "lowering" the bridge like use the tremolo the opposite way. But why wont it stay in tune? Can it be that the springs are "loose" like has "slack" or is it something else needed to be fixed?
Any help will do :)

How old is this guitar? It could be that your knife edges are shot... if not; can you hear a clunk when you raise or lower the bridge?

sounds like you just need a setup, take it to a guitar store and they should perform it for very little cash as it's under a year in age.

and if you don't want to go to guitar store pay money do it your self.
its a mater of trying error learning.
i personally never took my guitars,bass to guita tech i was scared at first to fuck it up but the more i massed with it the faster i got it
and it is really not rocket science. just try and see what happens.

i do most repairs (e.g. volume pot replacement... i go though a few a year) on the road and pickup fitting myself as most of my guitars have unconventional wiring etc, I like to have my guitars set up by my tech, Tim before I go out on tour just because they get it done just how i like it; i've been going to him for 7 years now and he always nails it and gets my axes singing!