Guitar Player's Thread

Woooo, I now own a '88 Lee Jackon Perfect Connection GP-1000. :D:D:D:D:D

European version too, which means I don't have to use a voltage converter. FUCKING PWNAGE.

Now I just need a JE-1000.

Well basically, I've just fucking wiped out my holiday savings!! :lol: But it wasn't because it was really expensive, it's cause I've gotta pay £460 this Wednesday and I just spent my spending money, but I'm hoping I can re-save enough by the time I go. I'm going in June so I've still got pay from March, April, May & June still to come. If I put enough away each month, I can get another £6-800 ready.

Well basically, I've just fucking wiped out my holiday savings!! :lol: But it wasn't because it was really expensive, it's cause I've gotta pay £460 this Wednesday and I just spent my spending money, but I'm hoping I can re-save enough by the time I go. I'm going in June so I've still got pay from March, April, May & June still to come. If I put enough away each month, I can get another £6-800 ready.

But it's been worthy, hasn't it? :lol:

Sucks that Malmsteen was boring tho...did he give off an arrogant vibe like the rumor goes?

I know many people who have seen Malmsteen live. What did each one have to say about his performance? Loud, repetitive, and a bee-hive of noise. Sure, it would be cool to see him, but after a few songs it would be boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw1V_nCRATQ
THis video needs no explanation :worship:notworthy:worship:
lol @ the Eruption without tapping :lol:

Farley rippin' it up! :lol:

Woooo, I now own a '88 Lee Jackon Perfect Connection GP-1000. :D:D:D:D:D

European version too, which means I don't have to use a voltage converter. FUCKING PWNAGE.

Now I just need a JE-1000.

Hell yeah! :kickass:

Altitudes:

I watched the Loomis vids. Fucking incredible guitar player, I just wish I was more into Nevermore as a band because I think his style is amazing. I love some of the descending 4's stuff he does because it's at like 250bpm. His sweep picking is out of this world too. It's just a shame that the backing track was way too loud.

Do you know what the song is on the 2nd vid at 01:19???

And he plays that song that you tabbed after that but I can't find the tab. Do you have that and/or know what the song is called?

Blindguard: $100 for a string change?????? Wow, I'd call that plain and simply, illegal to be charging kids that to change fucking strings. Come to me and I'll do it for free!

failure: That was a good vid. I must say the bit at the end where you looped it was impressive. Just work on your bends and vibrato, it really shows your overall weaknesses as a guitar player and will put people off, regardless of whether you can follow Romeo.

Now, I think I will listen to some Nevermore. :kickass:

I learned parts from loomis solos today, and I have to say. He is the biggest racer x/cacophony copier ever as far as solos go :lol:
Not a bad thing tho :headbang::kickass:

Altitudes:

I watched the Loomis vids. Fucking incredible guitar player, I just wish I was more into Nevermore as a band because I think his style is amazing. I love some of the descending 4's stuff he does because it's at like 250bpm. His sweep picking is out of this world too. It's just a shame that the backing track was way too loud.

Fuck yeah! :kickass::kickass::kickass: He is my hero! Here are some more videos of him from NAMM playing the same song, perhaps in better quality (I know, youtube? good audio quality? HA!)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jeff+Loomis+namm&search_type=

Do you know what the song is on the 2nd vid at 01:19???

New untitled song off his upcoming solo album. No official song release yet, meaning no studio recordings of that song except for a very old one on his myspace that has been out for over a year :erk:

And he plays that song that you tabbed after that but I can't find the tab. Do you have that and/or know what the song is called?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fshzvl

Keep in mind, I haven't attempted more since and I am not as great at tabbing as yourself :(

Fantastic! :headbang:

I learned parts from loomis solos today, and I have to say. He is the biggest racer x/cacophony copier ever as far as solos go :lol:
Not a bad thing tho :headbang::kickass:

He is a self-proclaimed Becker and Friedman fanatic, as am I. Just because of this, Jeff is a 100 times greater in my eyes :lol:

Not sure about Racer X though... :lol:

failure: That was a good vid. I must say the bit at the end where you looped it was impressive. Just work on your bends and vibrato, it really shows your overall weaknesses as a guitar player and will put people off, regardless of whether you can follow Romeo.

hmm which part? and yeah i wasnt focusing on my bends/vibrato because i was just really happy i nailed the licks

i have uploaded couple of my old tracks online
http://www.soundclick.com/ruins1
you are welcomed to check it out.
some more serious metal is coming up some time in the future but first i need to have proper guitar to practice and record it.