Guitar Player's Thread

This is what i imagined when i heard Rhoads with maple neck :kickass: (Not like the RR24 but something i like)
rrmm2lh5.png

rrmntycn3.png

Jose's one is exactly how I made my one using that thing. I'd say it'd be like that, since the RR24 already has 1 humbucking pickup with cover and bevels.

Maple necks for the win guys, i can't get enough of their crisp attack for metal! ebony is next up of course!

Im still working towards a white strat with a non-recessed floyd, HSS with an danish oil finished maple neck, thats pretty much it for my gear though... i have way to much.

That's something I've been wondering: what's the difference between a recessed and a non-recessed floyd? I'm not talking about the tremolo cavity, but abou how they work.

I think the only difference is that you can pull up more on a recessed, because of the cavity.

Cool sig, Warheart.

Cheers. :kickass:

Maple necks for the win guys, i can't get enough of their crisp attack for metal! ebony is next up of course!

But it's not black!!!!! :lol:

I do agree though. My Ibanez RG with the maple board sounds brighter than all my other guitars.

Including my new and improved, WildChild RR. :lol: :kickass::heh:

33241va.jpg

OD pedal ftw,

Or I never figured out why people on these boards haven't gave this a shot, but people should try using an EQ pedal to get that midboost effect they want, its all clean boost (unlike OD) and you can pick which frequencies you want to boost to get whatever type of sound alteration you want.

OD pedal ftw,

Or I never figured out why people on these boards haven't gave this a shot, but people should try using an EQ pedal to get that midboost effect they want, its all clean boost (unlike OD) and you can pick which frequencies you want to boost to get whatever type of sound alteration you want.

Doesn't sound like it would be very effective.:Smug:

I don't see how that sounds un-effective.

All a booster switch (like the PA2) does is alter the gain of the pickup's signal. But In the case of jackson's and ESP's booster switch it doesn't just boost the entire signal it also enhances set frequencies (the midrange in particular)

So here you can either set all the EQ sliders in the default position like in this photo and just Use the rightmost slider as a pure un-colored boost in signal, or you can raise the 1.6K or 3.2K slides a bit (coloring your tone by enhancing those frequencies) and then use the rightmost slider to get the desired gain boost.

BossGE-7Big.jpg

I've acheived a Alexi Laiho Early Bodom/Sinergy tone through my friends set-up (small Marshall combo, super-strat, wah pedal) just by tinkering with the wah positions. There isn't any rocket science to Alexi's tone really. Thin and very "wah" like (mid boost). I reckon a equalizer pedal would work too.