Guitar Player's Thread

@inhe Thats a beast of a guitar, my friend just got the exact same one a couple of weeks back. :)

Sweet guitar but that 'monkey grip' puts me off.

The monkey grip is probably the best part! So easy to carry around.

The CD of Racer X covers was given to Paul Gilbert earlier today. :kickass:

Nice geetar inhe, but you know I'm anti-white guitars hehe. :p

yep :lol:

so many guitars out there and so many i have tried my self, and i fail to see wtf is so special about jem there are better guitars for less money

Do you have any recordings? I don't think I've heard you play before.

I think i posted something in this thread some time ago. But i've done some stuff, but it sound awful, because i'm using line-in, with only the amp as distortion, so the sound is too bassy, so unless i get another cable for my pedal i won't do any recordings.

Fair enough. I know how bad it is putting up with crappy sound, that's why I haven't recorded anything since I gave my friends Line 6 Spider II amp back, the thing I use just can't get good rhythm tones.

Yaow!

Haven't recorded anything in a while so I decided to record the solo from the CoB cover song "Oops, I did it Again". I really like that solo and I think it's fun to play (...pretty easy :D) so that's why I chose it.

You can find it on my Soundclick page, here: LINK

Edit: Oh, and I've been planning to do a recording of the whole song (I've already done that but it sucks really bad) where I would possibly play the vocal melody with the guitar and probably throw in some own shit here and there. Don't know for sure about that yet though. :)

Yaow!

Haven't recorded anything in a while so I decided to record the solo from the CoB cover song "Oops, I did it Again". I really like that solo and I think it's fun to play (...pretty easy :D) so that's why I chose it.

You can find it on my Soundclick page, here: LINK

Edit: Oh, and I've been planning to do a recording of the whole song (I've already done that but it sucks really bad) where I would possibly play the vocal melody with the guitar and probably throw in some own shit here and there. Don't know for sure about that yet though. :)

Yay, we needed some recordings! :kickass:
I don't know, but I think it was a good solo.... Now let's wait the other guitarplayer's opinion too...:)

(But... was it really easy? I just ask cause I can't figure it out, I can't play. Thaaaanks!)

┼Victim of the Night┼;5935463 said:
Yay, we needed some recordings! :kickass:
I don't know, but I think it was a good solo.... Now let's wait the other guitarplayer's opinion too...:)

(But... was it really easy? I just ask cause I can't figure it out, I can't play. Thaaaanks!)

Thanks!

Well, one of the easiest (still great though) solos by Alexi I think. There's not that much of any fast picking/sweeping licks which makes it easy for me since I'm not that good at fast picking or sweeping. :)

^Ok, thanks for the explanation. :)
I've always hated that Britney's song, but I liked the COB's version from the start... and Alexi's solo in particular, which is one of my fav ones (I also like the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"... a lot!!).

┼Victim of the Night┼;5935530 said:
^Ok, thanks for the explanation. :)
I've always hated that Britney's song, but I liked the COB's version from the start... and Alexi's solo in particular, which is one of my fav ones (I also like the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"... a lot!!).

No problem. :)

Yeah, same here actually. :D I really like to play the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" too.

I don't know if this true (and can't be arsed to look it up on teh interweb) but didn't Ale play the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"?

No problem. :)

Yeah, same here actually. :D I really like to play the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" too.

I don't know if this true (and can't be arsed to look it up on teh interweb) but didn't Ale play the solo in "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"?
Ale played that solo? I've just made a little research but... haven't found anything about it... sorry. :(
But that would be curious if he had played that, cuz it seemed Alexi's hand to me... god, I love that solo.

Yeah man that was oarsum playing. :D

Eli, as Epi said, that solo is really easy when you compare it to the rest of Alexi's usual solos (Warheart, We're Not Gonna Fall, Downfall, HCDR etc) and even though it's not easy to make it sound right, especially with the whammy bar stuff, Epi still pulled it off like a pro. :kickass: :kickass:

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

@ Corny: Yeah, I use V-Amp for the recordings mostly nowadays since my mic is pretty beaten up and I can't get a good tone with it. Not that I could get a good tone from a V-Amp though :D I think I'll be getting a POD next. :)

Yeah man that was oarsum playing. :D
"Oarsum" isn't on my dictionary... :err: but if it's a positive word about Epi's playing, I agree then. :)

Eli, as Epi said, that solo is really easy when you compare it to the rest of Alexi's usual solos (Warheart, We're Not Gonna Fall, Downfall, HCDR etc) and even though it's not easy to make it sound right, especially with the whammy bar stuff, Epi still pulled it off like a pro. :kickass: :kickass:
Yes, ok. Thanks... :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;5937457 said:
"Oarsum" isn't on my dictionary... :err: but if it's a positive word about Epi's playing, I agree then. :)

Oarsum is just a different way of spelling awesome. :p

Oarsum is just a different way of spelling awesome. :p

Ok, ok, ok, ok... so I totally agree. :kickass:Thanks again, now I know more words: yay! :)

(ps: Mitch, now that I think....have you got any recording of you playing something -solo or rhythm parts- of "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"? That would be nice to hear how you did it...)

┼Victim of the Night┼;5937489 said:
Ok, ok, ok, ok... so I totally agree. :kickass:Thanks again, now I know more words: yay! :)

(ps: Mitch, now that I think....have you got any recording of you playing something -solo or rhythm parts- of "Somebody Put Something In My Drink"? That would be nice to hear how you did it...)

I would but I can't get a good tone for playing rhythm with the effects thing I use. If you listen to the sound on my Bodom After Midnight, Needled 24/7, I Believe in a Thing Called Love etc, you'll see that it's much better than the stuff I did at the bottom of the page but I don't have that amp anymore. :erk: