Guitar Player's Thread

Ah yeah, you used your friend's amp, if I remember good... well, the tone with it is better, it's true...but your other works are ok too, if I can say it.

(ps: great work with "Bleeding mascara" and "Enter Sandman"!!)

this is my home made stand for 2 guitars out of an old bad parts.
i could buy one but i am short in money right now and even this 20€ are a big deal right now and i am a person that loves to work with his own hands and building it my self was really great amount of pleasure for me.

another thing i want to mention it was done with serious lack of work tools
i had to drill holes in line and then cut it with my little saw than file it with my bore machine, man thats hard to work with it. i would prefer to have hand file.

i am sharing this pictures and i hope to inspire some one to build stuff him self too.
march13sd1yf1.jpg

march131gn7.jpg

march132it1.jpg

march132wnv5.jpg

march133ph3.jpg

march134ym4.jpg

sorry for the crappy image quality. this pictures have bin taken with my webcam i can not afford a digital camera right now

^Yes, I agree.

Ruins, it's really a nice thing by you... and it's really good that sensation you feel after doing stuff like that with your hands, expecially for your guitar that you care a lot about... good job, you've my admiration. :)

That looks awesome and really original with the wood:)

┼Victim of the Night┼;5938837 said:
^Yes, I agree.

Ruins, it's really a nice thing by you... and it's really good that sensation you feel after doing stuff like that with your hands, expecially for your guitar that you care a lot about... good job, you've my admiration. :)

-[chop]-;5939026 said:
Really nice Ruins indeed...working with hands ftw :kickass:
thanks guys for the positive feedback :)

@Victim of the Night
hell yes it is, it took me way to finish way longer than this work should take cause i was working slow, lack of proper tools like i mentioned already.. and also i had to rebuild one part cause first attempt was crappy
and for all that time that i spent on it it just felt fucking good doing it

Yaow!

Haven't recorded anything in a while so I decided to record the solo from the CoB cover song "Oops, I did it Again". I really like that solo and I think it's fun to play (...pretty easy :D) so that's why I chose it.

You can find it on my Soundclick page, here: LINK

Edit: Oh, and I've been planning to do a recording of the whole song (I've already done that but it sucks really bad) where I would possibly play the vocal melody with the guitar and probably throw in some own shit here and there. Don't know for sure about that yet though. :)

Where did you get the tab for that? Or did you tab it yourself?

Because it does sound fun to play ^_^

Good playing also btw.

I just nailed the verse riff to Street Lethal by Racer X. I'm also working on Loud 'n' Clear and so I'll be practising the main riff in Street Lethal but that's hard.

Here's some things I've written and I think they're pretty cool so I thought I'd upload 'em. They're MIDI sounds in mp3 though since I haven't recorded any of them yet.

This is something I wrote on a 4 string guitar that was tuned to E, E, E, B (high to low). I had 4 strings on my old strat copy and I wanted to try out the Paul Gilbert triple E string thing so I did and tuned the 4th one to a low B and this is what I came up with. http://www.sendspace.com/file/g396ez

This is a variation on a really simple riff I came up with that turned into a death metal song. I originally used D standard but this is in drop C and has more of a LoG feel to it, I spose. I tried to make it a bit cooler by adding that keyboard thing too. http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7qphv

When I was in college, I was told that one of my projects was to write a piece for a string quartet. This is what I came up with when I tried for the first time. http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8p6pa

Then, when I was actually given the guidelines, I was told it had to be 32 bars in length and I also had to write it out in standard notation. What a fun and time consuming job that turned out to be. :D Originally, I was going to do a slow piece like the first thing I posted but I thought shit, I can do whatever I want so I ended up writing something that Yngwie would (maybe) be proud of. I absolutely love the middle section that uses those huge major chords and then goes back to the main theme perfectly and the whole thing is exactly 32 bars. I couldn't believe it. http://www.sendspace.com/file/1sfugi