Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, that's from your GP-1000 overview vids. It still sounds really dry though. Is it an '87 version?

And I just recorded the guitar solo from the song, Smile Pretty For The Devil. It's over the original song but panned right so you can hear it, it's quite loud too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yz86v

I haven't practised it before, only tonight as I was recording so I might do a another audio clip or a vid when I get it a bit cleaner.

I think so, the serial number starts with 87, It still sounds a little different in person, theres alot of factors that would cause inaccuracies in the sound, mic/mic position/ poweramp resonance and presence settings/ shitty interface conversion rate lol

So is the mm-04 a copy of the je-1000 or is it a complete clone?The mm-04 sounds a lot like the je-1000 but i'll have to try both if that will ever be possible.

Does the MM-04 boost any mids or something like that?
Because my PA2 kinda suck, its just, gain.

Original Jackson JE1000 boost adds only gain too. It has 3 mini-switches though, like small EQ, that change the sound, but they are "on" all the time if you know what I mean. Little switch on the JE1000 adds gain only, but the sound stays the same all the time.

Original Jackson JE1000 boost adds only gain too. It has 3 mini-switches though, like small EQ, that change the sound, but they are "on" all the time if you know what I mean. Little switch on the JE1000 adds gain only, but the sound stays the same all the time.

Oh, so the JE-1000 has sort of.. a EQ, that is on all the time, with 3 mini-switches, that can change the sound/EQ, and when you turn the main switch on, it adds the gain. So it's sort of a EQ/Gainbooster in one?

Im not 100% sure but i just installed it in my guitar 2 days ago, and i noticed that my pickups sound different than they used to, when its off that is, so you guys are probably right about the "overall EQ" thing

I also noticed that it changes the dynamic range of the instrument or something weird. Like if you hit the strings or a chord REALLY hard, the chord pops out REALLY loud it may just be my amp but i haven't really had a lot of time to mess with it.

man, my band and i are playing Racer X - Technical Difficulties for the talent show and i've pretty much got the basic feel for it down, except my tab has the final outro shred thing as some really weird positions and isn't like paul plays it on any of the vids i've seen, does anyone have a good tab of that that's easy to play? the talent show is on thursday haha.

^It's just an Emin scale in groups of 6 starting off at the next degree of the scale in every group of 6.

If you still don't get it, there's a video of Paul actually showing you how to play it on youtube, search for "technical difficulties"

honestly i'm not a theory master and we're playing it in D since my band plays in D so i'd have to tune a guitar to E to learn it from that video or watch it, if thats what it comes down to i can do that but if someone had a tab already or something with the easier way then i'd really appreciate if they could post it

edit: oh damn that really breaks it down, i was expecting that to be the one where he plays the full song, i'll use that but still if anyone already has it tabbed it would be cool if they could post it.

honestly i'm not a theory master and we're playing it in D since my band plays in D so i'd have to tune a guitar to E to learn it from that video or watch it, if thats what it comes down to i can do that but if someone had a tab already or something with the easier way then i'd really appreciate if they could post it

edit: oh damn that really breaks it down, i was expecting that to be the one where he plays the full song, i'll use that but still if anyone already has it tabbed it would be cool if they could post it.

Took a while to find, remember tabbing it like over a year ago. Not sure if it's exactly how PG plays it I can;t be arsed to check/change.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qnvwc

yeah i ended up using the video and an existing tab i had to correct it and write it the way he played it, its not perfect but it sounds ok, thanks for uploading your tab anyway though!

I need a bit help from another J2SP/EMG-PA2 owner.

I'm completely new with these things.

How do i change the amount of gain i add on the PA2?

Btw, look at my 19th fret:lol:

j2spfretwv7.jpg

That's normal?:err: