Guitar Player's Thread

There should be a little box attached to the inside of the unit with a little circle you can turn with a screwdriver to adjust the amount of gain

And earlier discussions in this thread led me to start investigating the MM-04, by making clips of all the different dip switch combination with-OUT the boost toggle switch...

And holy balls this thing colors your tone, like people said earlier the mini-switch only turns on the gainboost, the dip switches are like EQ and are Always on.

I will upload my test results when im finished :)

ALRIGHT, THE TOP SECRET MM-04 DIP SWITCH SOUND CLIPS!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yobso3

Ok so I was bored waiting for drinking time tonight, I made sound clips of every possible dip switch combination with No Gain boost added, so you can see how the MM-04/JE1000 colors the tone of your pickups.

All these clips are with a J50BC pickup

I recorded the same E major chord for each clip,
For each clip I recorded the guitar's Direct Signal with a DI so your hearing just the sound of the guitar without any additional EQ or effects.
I then took a copy of that clip and applied Amp Modeling to the DI clip so you could get an idea of how it would sound through an amplifier with some distortion.
I chose to use amp modeling and DI because it is consistent every time i load the preset i made for this demonstration: The only variable between clips is the dip switch selection on the MM-04 and maybe little variations in how hard im picking.

So For each MM-04 Dip Switch clip there will be a clean DI chord followed by an Amp Modeled chord.

The MM-04 manual does not say the exact effects of the dipswitch combinations, but it says that it changes the tone from these frequencies and in this order

4 / 3 / 3+4 / 2 / 2+4 / 2+3 / 2+3+4
5kHz------- to ----------------2Khz

Apparently "Dip Switch #1 is not effective" so im guessing they only set it up to use 3 switches just like the JE-1000, but could only get dip switch boxes with 4 switches.

I can make more clips at a different time of using the Gainboost feature but there was some interest in this dip switch subject that i wanted to find out for myself what they do.

Hope this is helpful!

Btw, look at my 19th fret:lol:

j2spfretwv7.jpg

That's normal?:err:

Not all MOP inlays shine the same. Some are more colourful than others too ;).

What's wrong with the 19th fret?

It's a different colour, but nothing is wrong with it.

No worries, i found out:)

Btw Mitch is any of your frets like that?:lol:

^ There might be on his, but it's not done purposefully. As Nazgul said, mother of pearl varies in colour and pattern, just like the way that wood grains differ from eachother.

It's a different colour, but nothing is wrong with it.

^ There might be on his, but it's not done purposefully. As Nazgul said, mother of pearl varies in colour and pattern, just like the way that wood grains differ from eachother.

Ah ok, but still, would be interesting to know:)
I'm obsessed in small details:erk::lol:

I was bored this morning and did some improv vids, check em out.

Last edited by a moderator: