Guitar Player's Thread

http://media.putfile.com/MM-04-drunk-tewst

there, it sucks, and its with amp modeling which defeats the whole purpose of trying to boost a TUBE pre-amp but there i did it

One dio with out and the second Dio with, you can barely tell the difference with the amp modeling besides a little more bass, i think its overdriving my interface too i have no fuckin clue

better sober clips tomorow with real mic'd up tube amp

Just to throw in my two cents here, I heard people talking about the toneport and POD and such, and I just recently downloaded a demo of a program called amplitube 2 which I've found has very good sounds. I've tried both the toneport and the pod and have come to prefer the sounds of Amplitube over both of them (plus it requires no hardware, you just plug your guitar in and go). It doesn't have a huge variety but with a little tweaking you can get a good sound out of it. Plus it some good pedals and effects and rack mounts such as reverb, delay, chorus, parametric EQs, all that jazz. So I wanted to recommend it to anyone who is looking for decent amp modeling software. You can download a demo Here. It's a bit pricey but with a little searching through the interwebs you can easily work your way around the cost, I'm not saying that I would do that though ;) The demo version works as a full version for ten days before it requires authorization. Anyone else heard of/tried this program? I can provide a little rough sound clip if anyone is curious.

Before I bought my Podxt I used amplitube 2 for about a year and I think you can get some decent sounds for playing at home and whatnot but if you're ever going to gig a pod is more feasible and sounds much better imo.

Before I bought my Podxt I used amplitube 2 for about a year and I think you can get some decent sounds for playing at home and whatnot but if you're ever going to gig a pod is more feasible and sounds much better imo.
Yea, thats beside the point, I was talking about for home use. Besides...if your going to a gig a real fucking AMP is more feasible. I can't fathom why someone would use a POD on stage.

I started like yesterday my first tabbing try of a song, and I'd like some feedback on how I've done so far. The song is Norther's "We Rock". Decided to give it a go since I haven't found any on the interwebz and I wanna train my ear. I'll give later a go at the drums + bass and keys when I have finished the intro, and make some corrections on it to the parts that I can't hear good.

Link ; http://www.sendspace.com/file/uv7aq2

Yea, thats beside the point, I was talking about for home use. Besides...if your going to a gig a real fucking AMP is more feasible. I can't fathom why someone would use a POD on stage.

Point is, a POD sounds a hell of a lot better than amplitube 2, I've used both and the POD has much better amp models, effects, that's all there is to it. Not everyone can afford great amps or wants to lug them around all the time, a pod lets you bring your tone/effects and plug right into a PA, lots of people use them on stage and I would for sure. 400$ for amp model software? you'd have to be retarded to pay that.

chop linked me to this via msn today and I can't stop watching, he's fuckin great. so cleeean!

I've seen that before and it's really not that clean at all. :erk: The tone is bad and his sweeps are ok, at best. There's no real timing to them and his picking sound un-synched.

http://media.putfile.com/MM-04-drunk-tewst

there, it sucks, and its with amp modeling which defeats the whole purpose of trying to boost a TUBE pre-amp but there i did it

One dio with out and the second Dio with, you can barely tell the difference with the amp modeling besides a little more bass, i think its overdriving my interface too i have no fuckin clue

better sober clips tomorow with real mic'd up tube amp

That was cool. Do you have an '87 GP-1000? I can get more gain out of mine, yours sounds way too dry. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
no no that was with amp modeling software it wasn't with the GP-1000, I'm at college right now and the GP-1000 is at home, i can get plenty of gain out of it.

Heres an actual mic'd up clip of my GP-1000

http://media.putfile.com/Lee-Jackson-test-audio

That clip was Before i got the J50BC and MM-04, so The pickup was a Dimarzio Tonezone with no sort of gainboost or OD, right into GP-1000->PeaveyClassic 50/50-> Mesa 2x12 with V30's speakers, mic'd with a Shure SM57

Recorded at like decently low volume so there was not much poweramp action going on there,

GP-1000 settings for the tone controls was everything max'd and pulled, midshift on 5, and the master output (channel2) knob was at about 10'oclock.

I cant wait to see how it sounds with the MM-04! It will be a few weeks until i go home but it will be worth it!

Yeah, that's from your GP-1000 overview vids. It still sounds really dry though. Is it an '87 version?

And I just recorded the guitar solo from the song, Smile Pretty For The Devil. It's over the original song but panned right so you can hear it, it's quite loud too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yz86v

I haven't practised it before, only tonight as I was recording so I might do a another audio clip or a vid when I get it a bit cleaner.