Guitar Player's Thread

I just "finished" another one of my "compositions".

I started writing it when I was playing my RG in the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bath lol. But then, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do so it's basically a giant guitar solo in loads of different keys but the main melody comes back later on.

The tones are crappy and the solos are crappy but I've been meaning to record it ever since I wrote it so I did while I've got a day off.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7vrv8

I'm sure I could edit it one day but for now, this'll do.

Nice!

@Swabs: Got my ticket sitting upstairs. :D

And to Jose & Squeee, thanks for the comments, means alot, although I get annoyed when I can't think of anything to go after good bits and I end up just wasting seconds with shred.

Oh yeah, AND THE FORUM JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE. I WILL FINISH IT UP AS SOON AS I HAVE RECORDED MY SOLO, WHICH WILL BE IN ABOUT 20 HOURS OR SO.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO JUMP IN AT THE LAST MINUTE, HURRY, INFO IS IN MY SIG!!!

do you have mine?

And to Jose & Squeee, thanks for the comments, means alot, although I get annoyed when I can't think of anything to go after good bits and I end up just wasting seconds with shred.

TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE. I WILL FINISH IT UP AS SOON AS I HAVE RECORDED MY SOLO, WHICH WILL BE IN ABOUT 20 HOURS OR SO.

Yo, I've been really busy lately and you are tired of putting this jam off but can you squeeze a few days more? I'll start recording now (thing is, I like to have my parts written before hand, I'll see what I can muster up).

DSC_0285.jpg

large_1.1.1.3.1.2-81-11-111.jpg

isp_decimator_1.jpg

I ordered all that last week :kickass:

Though Haven't decided on a cab yet, can't decide on 4x12 or 2x12. But most probably going a Framus Dragon cab. Gonna be my first quality guitar and amp to ever own.

I just "finished" another one of my "compositions".

I started writing it when I was playing my RG in the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bath lol. But then, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do so it's basically a giant guitar solo in loads of different keys but the main melody comes back later on.

The tones are crappy and the solos are crappy but I've been meaning to record it ever since I wrote it so I did while I've got a day off.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7vrv8

I'm sure I could edit it one day but for now, this'll do.
good job man. :metal:
i could imagine the rhythm guitar a bit more alive and more active to give justice to your solos/melodies. i am not sure what do you mean that your tone is crappy, i like it as it is.

:kickass::kickass::kickass: So which is the line-up this time finally?

DSC_0285.jpg

isp_decimator_1.jpg

Though Haven't decided on a cab yet, can't decide on 4x12 or 2x12. But most probably going a Framus Dragon cab. Gonna be my first quality guitar and amp to ever own.

:cum: :lol::lol: Awesome set dude. I demand shitload of pics and some vid/soundclip when you have it at home :kickass:

I don't like metronome, I hardly use it. But I spend hours in front of GP, so I can keep timin quite ok, :lol:

:lol::lol: I like to do that too. Also I like to keep trying positions and, the most important for me, height of the guitar (or lenght of the strap if you prefer it). I used to play my Ibanez in a Petrucci-Liimatainen kind of height, but with the RR I prefer a Roope-Alexi(nowadays) height, it feels more comfortable. Also for solos, if you have a stage monitor to put your foot on, the position Alexi uses is the most comfortable, because you get the guitar in the most similar way to playing sitting down. That of course is all my opinion and for my style, and also that positions sucks for rythm playing, the first frets are way too high to play comfortable.

Agreed.

Cool, thanks man, My strap height is lower than alexis by 3 inches, so when i paly standing up Ive pretty mucg gonna re learn the track, but i dont like it high- its looks ghey in my opinion

As soon as I get paid I am getting a ticket, I hope they don't sell out :0

Hurry! I would have thought they'd sold out by now!

do you have mine?

I do, yeah.

Yo, I've been really busy lately and you are tired of putting this jam off but can you squeeze a few days more? I'll start recording now (thing is, I like to have my parts written before hand, I'll see what I can muster up).

I'd prefer to work on it tonight because I won't have the motivation if I push it off to another day of this week. I'll throw together what I have in roughly 10 hours.

good job man. :metal:
i could imagine the rhythm guitar a bit more alive and more active to give justice to your solos/melodies. i am not sure what do you mean that your tone is crappy, i like it as it is.

I agree with the rhythm guitars, but all that is pretty much the undecided stuff that I mentioned. I didn't know where to go most of the time so I just ended up writing chord progressions to solo over. I'll re-use the melody in a more creative way in the future. Thanks for the comments.

:kickass::kickass::kickass: So which is the line-up this time finally?

• Inhe
• rayden_ad
• SomeoneWild
• NorthernShred (and friends)
• dave100
• Arcane
• Conti
• Children of COB
• Mystique
• <-Warheart->
• Altitudes (if he's done soon)

Hey Jose, can you send me your solo again? I can't seem to find it. Cheers!!

yay, i'm first. Do you remember when you started this jam? I think i recorded my solo the same day you put it up, so it was some time ago.

I bought a used Korg PX4D from Ishibashi today. I had a choice between two of the older blue ones (like Mitch has) and one of the newer grey PX4Ds for the same price...I went for the latter..thinking that it's improved over the blue one. I hope I made a right decision. Should be here in about two weeks or so. I can't wait until I can take parts in jams and stuff!:headbang:

DSC_0285.jpg

isp_decimator_1.jpg

i was to Parkway Drive gig last saturday and that made me change my view about the Peavey 5150...damn they sounded great with it. Just the sound i have dialed in on my MXR EQ but 10 times better. I also checked out their gear while on stage...they had some wahwah i think and a MAXON OD-808.

yay, i'm first. Do you remember when you started this jam? I think i recorded my solo the same day you put it up, so it was some time ago.

Feb 15th!!

I bought a used Korg PX4D from Ishibashi today. I had a choice between two of the older blue ones (like Mitch has) and one of the newer grey PX4Ds for the same price...I went for the latter..thinking that it's improved over the blue one. I hope I made a right decision. Should be here in about two weeks or so. I can't wait until I can take parts in jams and stuff!:headbang:

sWe0t!!!!!!!!

i was to Parkway Drive gig last saturday and that made me change my view about the Peavey 5150...damn they sounded great with it. Just the sound i have dialed in on my MXR EQ but 10 times better. I also checked out their gear while on stage...they had some wahwah i think and a MAXON OD-808.
Yeah, they basically can't be beat for that kind of genre. I'm gonna have some wicked fun with it playing in C standard with my new Axe :p