Guitar Player's Thread

I wonder day after day how someone can play with guitar that high :lol: It seems so inhuman to me :lol: Nice pics though.

And I wonder the same about people who strum near their crotch. Think about it though...when you play sitting down, your guitar is more or less at Warheart's height or probably even a bit higher. Does it feel inhuman to play sitting down?

And plus, I prefer when guitarists don't have their guitars really low; I think it looks tighter. For example Alexi in Seoul 2001 and Warheart in the pics he posted.

156z8kh.jpg

Epic. I like how the yellow bevel is lit on the bottom. :headbang:

Having your guitar low is just fucking retarded, everyone who does it, equals to a fucking retard by default. It strains your back, your shoulders, and fucks your technique. What you want to do, in ANY case, is to play at the same height as you practice, its just as simple as that, no matter how "cool" it looks, you won't be thanking yourself when you have to pay some faggot to touch and massage you with oils just because you bal0tzord your back.
Numerous grunge/grind/hardcore/whateverheavygenre retards fucked up their picking technique, and back, by looking "cool"

Play comfortably, and in the height you practice, then you wont have to strain yourself to do what you easily do when you practice.

/rant

And I wonder the same about people who strum near their crotch. Think about it though...when you play sitting down, your guitar is more or less at Warheart's height or probably even a bit higher. Does it feel inhuman to play sitting down?

And plus, I prefer when guitarists don't have their guitars really low; I think it looks tighter. For example Alexi in Seoul 2001 and Warheart in the pics he posted.
Mine is not low at all. It's average. I just simply can't have it at a high position. It just makes my picking unclean/uncomfy. I wasn't having a go at how high his guitar is FYI. I was just expressing how hard that would be for me to put to practical use. My guitar is a bit lower than Alexi's Seoul performance but i would not give a shit since thats how HE likes it. It would just not feel right for me because when i sit my guitar is at exactly that height...it being a rhoads and all makes a bit of a difference.
Having your guitar low is just fucking retarded, everyone who does it, equals to a fucking retard by default. It strains your back, your shoulders, and fucks your technique. What you want to do, in ANY case, is to play at the same height as you practice, its just as simple as that, no matter how "cool" it looks, you won't be thanking yourself when you have to pay some faggot to touch and massage you with oils just because you bal0tzord your back.
Numerous grunge/grind/hardcore/whateverheavygenre retards fucked up their picking technique, and back, by looking "cool"

Play comfortably, and in the height you practice, then you wont have to strain yourself to do what you easily do when you practice.

/rant

That is why i have it a bit above my balls :lol: It feels the best...ive tested High and low. Low gives me uber hard alternate picking and high might risk me to "Spastic" pick.

I wonder day after day how someone can play with guitar that high :lol: It seems so inhuman to me :lol: Nice pics though.
There you see...i was not doing anything else than expressing my own opinion of how I WOULD have a guitar. That does not apply to anyone else though. Keep that in mind because how high you adjust it is personal. So calling Low-troll position guys retarded is equally retarded as they may have uber long arms or are long themselves so they won't have problems with it. Mine is medium though.

and btw "balls height" is ok height, but anything lower than that, and you venture into retard land. Retard land kicks in for full when you cant even reach the bridge to palm mute. And yes, there are people who play that low, they strum at around the 19th fret. it sure looks cool. as cool as a vasectomy

Oh...I take that back. If you meant THAT low then i must agree. No one can play comfortably at that height. I don't remember but i think like Matt Tuck has it extremely low. Yeah well its stupid to have it that low...you will look like a forest troll anyway :lol:

On a side note:
I set a target for myself. It might well be impossible...might be my band will cover this sometime but im not expecting that but...who knows? Well the song is pretty fast with guitar and pretty demanding on the vocal side. So my target is to be able to play it and scream/growl it at the same time. Which may seem like hard...i can play it perfectly now though. I am a vocalist and seriously trying to be a good one so.

This song:

Last edited by a moderator:

/rant

I agree with pretty much everything. Although my ideal height would be like PG in this vid.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_usEXVXyE[/ame]

EPIC 6 POSTJUMP: ^Yeah, Matt Tuck has his guitar really low, but not that to not beeing able to palm mute, :lol: And he doesn't need heigth to do solos as he doesn't play any, :lol:

and btw "balls height" is ok height, but anything lower than that, and you venture into retard land. Retard land kicks in for full when you cant even reach the bridge to palm mute. And yes, there are people who play that low, they strum at around the 19th fret. it sure looks cool. as cool as a vasectomy

:lol::lol::lol: That was a good one, and IMO you're right. It's really uncomfortable and you can't play properly.

i have my guitar actually exactly like mitch has his. it promotes straightness in your wrist, so your ligaments/muscles don't have to strain over a curve.

what type of music is it? sweet pics, nice BD shirt :)

It's nothing like COB but I started to like it after I played it so many times. You can hear some of their studio recorded songs on their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/deathbydesireband

@Mitch: Cool pics dude :kickass: BTW I forgot to ask you when you comented about the gig, but how did the BOR solo sound?? :kickass: I supose :lol:

It went quite well actually. The quick ascending run sounds sick at high volumes.

Pfft, Nicolas Cage if anything.

:lol: Kinda.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7177199 said:
Great pics, Mitch... these two are some of my favourite, and Inhe is right: sexy, and I don't mean the guitar only.

:oops:

i have my guitar actually exactly like mitch has his. it promotes straightness in your wrist, so your ligaments/muscles don't have to strain over a curve.

Exactly. I don't give a fuck about how high you people have your guitar. If you had to play this stuff and NOT fuck up, NOT damage your hand/wrist in any way AND perform to the audience instead of standing like JP, then you need it a bit higher.

Mitch The Guitarst:
2vd390k.jpg

156z8kh.jpg

124j055.jpg

2quoeo8.jpg

k13vhj.jpg

Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKEHL9XJKE

Win.

And James malone manages to make those new Wahsburn V things look pretty good. It's probably because its all black, whereas the ones available now are disgusting colours :lol:

Win indeed.

Btw, Washburn guitars are fabulous :lol:

I agree with pretty much everything. Although my ideal height would be like PG in this vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_usEXVXyE

Scit Scat Wah! Cool to see Bruce also :headbang:

Same here.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the Arsis vid! I really like that main riff. I tried tabbing it and I put what I heard but when I played back the MIDI, it sounded horrible. Arsis often do that so loads of tabs end up sounding wrong, even though they're not.

Cool vid too, I've still gotta listen to the rest of the songs on the album properly.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the Arsis vid! I really like that main riff. I tried tabbing it and I put what I heard but when I played back the MIDI, it sounded horrible. Arsis often do that so loads of tabs end up sounding wrong, even though they're not.

Cool vid too, I've still gotta listen to the rest of the songs on the album properly.

can you say that in english please? :p

the bit about midi sounding wrong even if the tab is right...