Guitar Player's Thread

This is kind of an on topic/off topic question, does anybody heard of what has happened to Jason Becker lately?

I just came across his Perpetual Burn tape when i was going through some old boxes.

Damn was he a kick ass guitarist.

Just wondering, have I missed something important, or is this site selling the ESP M-II for under a grand?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74506

I mean yeah it's got EMGs, but those are replacable... I may have just found my next guitar *michealromeofanboi*

thats actually like way over 1000 in US. dude thats what im getting lol

:lol: Not to mention I much prefer his older tone.

....theres no difference, he uses the same pickup combo. well he used emgs for a bit but...

hey guys, what's it called again when you don't alternate pick all the way, but kinda pick like you would if you were sweeping? like this (d= down, u= up):

d u d d (instead of up, cuz if it was up, it'd be alternate picking)
E-------------12-
B--12-13-15--------

so in other words, since you downstroked the D you also downstroke the E since it's in the string below. Do I make sense?

economy picking

That's normal. But as PG says in one of his instructionals: "It breaks up the groove". If you really want that tight rythmic sound when picking, don't even bother with economy.

but obviously some licks are conventionally easier with economy you cant not play it easier because it doesnt sound as tight

This is kind of an on topic/off topic question, does anybody heard of what has happened to Jason Becker lately?

I just came across his Perpetual Burn tape when i was going through some old boxes.

Damn was he a kick ass guitarist.

dude hes had lu gehregs disease for almost 20 years, he cant move at all and he speaks with his eyes. his dad made him a program where he writes music with his eyes.

oh yeah...my and MJR (CHECK MY THREAD FOR ALL THE INFO)

IMG00213.jpg

Win.

And James malone manages to make those new Wahsburn V things look pretty good. It's probably because its all black, whereas the ones available now are disgusting colours :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you retarded?

MAKE YOUR OPINIONS ON GUITARS BY PLAYING THEM

"washburns aren't seen as blah blah blah"

Bullshit, what people have you been listening to? 12 year olds who listen to Trivium probably.

And GH is a fun fucking game, its fun, fucking fun.

Are you retarded?

MAKE YOUR OPINIONS ON GUITARS BY PLAYING THEM

"washburns aren't seen as blah blah blah"

Bullshit, what people have you been listening to? 12 year olds who listen to Trivium probably.

And GH is a fun fucking game, its fun, fucking fun.

i have played on Washburns x series - and in honesty they are good, BUT I prefer other brands more known, oh and anytime spent playing GH should be spent playing REAL guitar IMO
And I hate Trivium- dean suck ass

i have played on Washburns x series - and in honesty they are good, BUT I prefer other brands more known, oh and anytime spent playing GH should be spent playing REAL guitar IMO
And I hate Trivium- dean suck ass

Oh my god you are retarded. :rolleyes:

That's like someone who likes Ferraris saying "Lol Fords sucksorz" when the Ford GT40 is just as good as any ferrari. You don't judge a car by the badge on it.

GUITAR HERO IS A GAME

Its not meant to replace real guitar! IT'S A FUCKING GAME!

You might as well say "Any time spent playing Counter Strike should be spent playing guitar". IT'S THE SAME FUCKING THING

Your opinions are hilariously wrong.

shit he's right ,
i just wanted to say that because i had a discussion about guitar here today,too :lol:

You might as well say "Any time spent playing Counter Strike should be spent playing guitar".
I made this decision 9 months and it was the best that could happen to me.
I was a bit addicted to this game before. Every server is full of camping, cheating and flaming faggots and the game is the same everyday.