Guitar Player's Thread

see that's what I do naturally also. and when I was watching intense rock vol. 1 last night, I automatically did it when practicing the first lick that PG gives...so do you think that's bad? should I practice alternate picking that lick instead, like how PG shows?

ok, but I automatically use economy picking every time...so there's probably no point in practicing alternate picking (why does that sound so horrible to say?!)

hey guys, what's it called again when you don't alternate pick all the way, but kinda pick like you would if you were sweeping? like this (d= down, u= up):

d u d d (instead of up, cuz if it was up, it'd be alternate picking)
E-------------12-
B--12-13-15--------

so in other words, since you downstroked the D you also downstroke the E since it's in the string below. Do I make sense?

I personally tried this and I find alternate picking to be way faster and more even in sound; however, I alternate pick as many things as I can just cause I love to alternate pick.:lol:

Yes, learn to alternate pick! That way you always land on a downstroke on the first beat, which is most natural. I use economy picking too and that was what came naturally to me. But for accuracy, alt. picking is what you should practice.

^ What Kaga said XD

Speaking of alternate picking, here's a nasty little guitar lick I made up that I like to play sometimes if you are intrested in trying it. :kickass:
It's all STRICTLY alternate picking and it's tricky at first.:p

B Locrian (5 notes per octave)

||------------------------------12-13-15-13-12-----------------------------||
||------------------------12-13----------------13-12-----------------------||
||----------------9-10-12----------------------------12-10-9---------------||
||-----------9-10--------------------------------------------10-9----------||
||----7-8-10------------------------------------------------------10-8-7---||
||7-8--------------------------------------------------------------------8-||

hey guys, what's it called again when you don't alternate pick all the way, but kinda pick like you would if you were sweeping? like this (d= down, u= up):

d u d d (instead of up, cuz if it was up, it'd be alternate picking)
E-------------12-
B--12-13-15--------

so in other words, since you downstroked the D you also downstroke the E since it's in the string below. Do I make sense?

economy picking.

Speaking of alternate picking, here's a nasty little guitar lick I made up that I like to play sometimes if you are intrested in trying it. :kickass:
It's all STRICTLY alternate picking and it's tricky at first.:p

B Locrian (5 notes per octave)

||------------------------------12-13-15-13-12-----------------------------||
||------------------------12-13----------------13-12-----------------------||
||----------------9-10-12----------------------------12-10-9---------------||
||-----------9-10--------------------------------------------10-9----------||
||----7-8-10------------------------------------------------------10-8-7---||
||7-8--------------------------------------------------------------------8-||
how fast do you play it?

should the screws that adjust my spring tension (level out the bridge plate) on my floyd on the back of the guitar in the floyd cavity be on the same plane? specifically, parallel to the neck? or is one screw supposed to be in front of the other?