Guitar Player's Thread

This sounds just like what I've done wrong. I concentrated on lead playing and alterate picking too much and too early and now I have trouble with fast downpicking...like Black Widow intro and such :erk:. It always takes me lots of warm-uping to do it properly or I start feeling strain in my right arm. And if I don't practice it for few days and suck at it very much.

I practiced rythm downpicking for a really long time when I begun. I have no problems with downpicking whatsoever.
I haven't practiced alternative picking rythm as much, but it's getting a lot better. I have made a warm up practice that I use together with Steve Vai's 10 hour workout. It's basically just a lot of licks I like thrown together into a "song", that covers all techniques I need.
Alternative picking, rythm, sweep picking, tapping, legato and of course different kind of harmonics and stuff.

But yeah, I feel I begun the lead stuff a little to early, and my technique was bad for some time. I then used a lot of time just playing all the techniques slowly, and getting correct technique and I think I'm doing pretty good.

Big postjump

You seem not to know what Agathis means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agathis
I doubt that you have played all of the 21 types of Agathis. As you may have read from the article you will find different species everywhere in eastern asia.

So what? You're post doesn't show anything to say that different Agathis woods have good/bad tonal qualities. In fact in that very wiki it says:

"The wood is commonly used in the manufacture of budget-priced guitars"

So yeah, it's really going to create great tone isn't it :rolleyes:

This sounds just like what I've done wrong. I concentrated on lead playing and alterate picking too much and too early and now I have trouble with fast downpicking...like Black Widow intro and such :erk:. It always takes me lots of warm-uping to do it properly or I start feeling strain in my right arm. And if I don't practice it for few days and suck at it very much.

Same here man..

Haha, Yngwie is a viking :lol:

When he put the Uli Jon Roth Sky guitar down and I heard it slide over I cringed :erk:

Me too :erk:

im going to be doing a bunch of different shred lessons for youtube, anyone have suggestions on what i should cover? i pretty much know what im doing but sometimes i forget how some people dont know how to do stuff so what would've helped you guys when you were starting? i think the first one im doing is going to be stuff about whammy,making weird noises, harmonics etc

Great, just what beginners need, a lesson on how to wank with the whammy bar :rolleyes: No offense, but you should be more concerned with learning before you put up videos of you teaching.

"shred lessons" are the last thing beginners need. With the amount of bullshit on that site, you'd think they'd need more lessons on how to avoid shred until they've been playing about 6 years and just concentrate on how to make the guitar sound good. Vibrato, correct intonation of string bends and clean chords etc.

Agreed. Except I haven't been playing for too long :lol:

A lesson on how to set-up the guitar, tune it, correctly intonate, how to bend in pitch, and play in time would be beneficial for beginners.

im going to be doing a bunch of different shred lessons for youtube, anyone have suggestions on what i should cover? i pretty much know what im doing but sometimes i forget how some people dont know how to do stuff so what would've helped you guys when you were starting? i think the first one im doing is going to be stuff about whammy,making weird noises, harmonics etc

how long have you even been playing for? im sorry for pretty much repeating what everyone else has said... but man im pretty sure you should get to a stage when you're not learning as much before teaching others...

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=33180966[/ame]

yerr :)

I apologize for the epic hair, it's hot as ballz and i needed a fan.

Argh, I'm having trouble with this Arsis tab again.

I split the guitars so I could only hear the left and the only the right and tabbed what I heard both times but when the MIDI plays back, it sounds nothing like the song, imo.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/70o5wd

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it. Unless it is correct and it's supposed to sound like that, but I dno.

I was looking at your GP-1000 vids Mitch, and it says in the info box that you were thinking of doing a video of the MP-1 and comparing the sounds, i'd love to see that!