Guitar Player's Thread

MAB interview, pretty cool! I have no idea why people say he's humble, when he's always bragging about how he's special and invented this and that :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVjVGhuLs8&feature=related[/ame]

I was looking at your GP-1000 vids Mitch, and it says in the info box that you were thinking of doing a video of the MP-1 and comparing the sounds, i'd love to see that!

Definitely would be cool. Maybe you should try this time with the Ibanez and do some Paul Gilbert stuff :lol: Lee Jackson with the Jackson and COB/Sinergy stuff and MP-1 Ibanez and Paul Gilbert, that'd be :kickass:

I actually did that at the same time as the GP-1000 vid but I didn't really see the point in keeping it.

Obviously, nothing's going to sound pro through my practise amp but the ADA sounds really bad, tinny and way too trebly. When I'm playing leads, it sounds terrible. The GP-1000 isn't MUCH better but it is a bit.

I'll have to wait until I get a proper setup before I can judge fairly.

Well got my randall back today..it sounds ok and the annoying fault is gone. I still suspect i am going to haave to sell this thing in the end and maybe buy a bugera or marshall. I cant put my finger on it but something lacks from the sound that i want and got on my other amp...low mids i think its called but i wont get started on that now. The amp sounds good so what the heck. Its not as muddy as before either. Btw...wtf is Loop Level?

stupid question to all floyd rose owners!
Do you tune your guitar down to play along COB songs (or anything else which isn't played in standart tuning) or do you transcribe the tabs into your tuning?

Do you tune your guitar down to play along COB songs (or anything else which isn't played in standart tuning) or do you transcribe the tabs into your tuning?

1. I tune my guitars down or up to whatever I'm playing on ocassion (not always).

2. Sometimes I play some songs with different tuning.

3. I don't use tabs.

4. :kickass:

For me, i have my guitar in D standard most of the time.
Tuning down from D to Drop C isn't that much of a hassle.

But when it's songs in for example E or Drop D tuning, i use a different guitar or i transcribe the songs.

So what? You're post doesn't show anything to say that different Agathis woods have good/bad tonal qualities. In fact in that very wiki it says:

"The wood is commonly used in the manufacture of budget-priced guitars"

So yeah, it's really going to create great tone isn't it :rolleyes:
I just wanted to point out that you cant generalize even though every musician seems to think that she/he has the monopole to define the one and only ultimate solution.

Of course there are better woods for guitars than Agathis. But Agathis is not = Agathis.

Don't want to see the GP thread that low, :lol:, so here we go with some recordings:

Warheard arpegio - played over Tokyo Warhearts song, but loud enough to be heard, including some missing notes during the 5th to 1st sweeps.
Silent Night Bodom Night 1st solo - played over Epi's BT (thanks dude), rythm guitar recorded by me.

Some sloopy points but I think overall good, but I'm not the one who should judge them.

Well got my randall back today..it sounds ok and the annoying fault is gone. I still suspect i am going to haave to sell this thing in the end and maybe buy a bugera or marshall. I cant put my finger on it but something lacks from the sound that i want and got on my other amp...low mids i think its called but i wont get started on that now. The amp sounds good so what the heck. Its not as muddy as before either. Btw...wtf is Loop Level?

loop level is how much your effects loop is, like if you have a booster then if you have it at the lower level then it wont be as loud but if you have the loop level at a higher db then it is louder

children of COB: well the warheart sweeps were really sloppy, you had some sort of weird slide thing going on. work on it slower your at the point where you. the SNBN, the sweeps were good but the actual speed picking parts were a bit sloppy