Guitar Player's Thread

dude...i like tons of things that are not metal....

and i'm just saying its not my cup of tea, and i wasnt expecting really simple "linear" riffs and songwriting to have an insane solo. but then again that is a cool thing.

Well don't say "lawl omgz he should be in a metalz band" then :rolleyes:

Well, first of all they don't only write "simple" linear riffs.
So the band thing is a weird thing to say, if you've only heard this one song.

linear riffs? Yeah. Well maybe in this song. But as some smart and intellectual guy once said; you should always try and make it as simple as possible - r something along those lines.
Meaning it should still sound good, and I think it sounds really good, despite the somewhat "linear" riffs.

about lyrics, FK has better lyrics than most bands out there - methinks.

Each to their own.

Anywaiz - check out this song from Freak Kitchens first album, it's kickass :eek:

Also, check out chest pain walts, wich may haves one of the best solos - ever (imo) (but the Appetizer solo is just as good :p)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EZVSMVapg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EZVSMVapg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ^_^ Interesting comparison :D

You got any new stuff in the works?

Early nightwish is really ace composition wise!

It's going really slow on the composing-ness, but my technique has gotten alot better since i got my new amp atleast :kickass:

I do have some riffs though, i hope i'll make something cool soon!

^ You've probably already said this somewhere but, how much did the Vintage Modern set you back?

I've been really digging PG's tone on the NAMM vids.

^ You've probably already said this somewhere but, how much did the Vintage Modern set you back?

It was ~£1600 but i managed to get it down to ~£1440. That's the 50W head and 4x12 cabinet.

Yeah it was, but i love it, and i'll get that money back through some working. :lol:

I must be the person here who's played nearly the longest and has the worst amp. :lol: How many of you here have played for under 5 years and own one single piece of gear from a fucking John Petrucci master rig. :lol: 4X12 for a bedroom? Amp heads loud enough for Slayer? That is just insane.

Fair enough if you use them for live gigs though but my preamps are more than loud enough, I just need the rest to actually make them sound decent.

I started with a shitty marshal mg which i borrowed from my guitar teacher.
I bought a Fender FM210r and I still have it. The overdrive channel sucks so hard that I didn't use since i got my overdrive pedal. The clean channel has nothing special but i can live with it.

i started with a starterskit that sucked balls
but its good for what it used for = learning how to play
i broke down the guitar to single pieces and some friends did same
we put parts together and now we got our own fucking custom shop :lol:

I still play with a shitty 6W practise amp after like 1 year and 3-4 months of guitar playing...:lol: I can't adjust low, mid or high on it for the tone, just gain, volume and couple effects...

I still have a 15W practice amp after 4-5 years of playing. I have no preamps either. Only pedal I have is a crybaby wah.

I still have a 15W practice amp after 4-5 years of playing. I have no preamps either. Only pedal I have is a crybaby wah.

That's pretty much what I had after 4/5 years, I don't even play through the ADA MP-1 anymore.

And I posted this in the COB covers thread but I'll post it here too. The guitar solo from the Sinergy song, Virtual Future.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/35n2mn

I liked his laney tone better.
But that's because I like Laneys sound over marshalls. And thats also why I own a Laney myself :lol: