Guitar Player's Thread

Well, i was mainly talking about the part were going to solo over, just so i could write down some ideas!

Could anyone suggest a song/solo/whatever that's challenging yet not too hard (for my level 8D)? I'm out of ideas and I haven't learned a song in a long time, usually just practicing scales, vibrato, sweeping, etc. But I'm in the mood right now so. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated :D.

One of my friends who recently stared playing learnt the solo to Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters'

It's a cool solo and isnt that hard.

Cunt is just slang for vagina anyway, I don't get what's so bad about it.

There is that sufficient m'lady?

I didn't mean to cause such a stir about it. But when I was young I was told that "cunt" is an extremely vulgar word and very derogatory when it's said to females. So maybe that's why it actually effected me somewhat. Usually I don't care if you guys go around saying slut, bitch, whore, or whatever....cunt just always seemed really extreme to me....but yeah, being from Europe, I guess it's no big deal to you guys.

So i just caught up with my old bass player today (who is the greatest bassist alive haha) He moved to boston from NY to go to Berklee school of Music on a full ride scholarship, hes a maniac musician. Apparently they are sending him to Brazil, all expenses paid, to play some huge jazz festival.

Heres a video of him, and his band, with a fusion song that he wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwu76QUgE-E

Fuck i wish he stayed here and played metal with me haha
Nice,I'm starting to like this kind of music but I can't name any artists so I'm lost in that sense.

I'd like to hear more!

Nice,I'm starting to like this kind of music but I can't name any artists so I'm lost in that sense.

I'd like to hear more!

Yea i don't really know, I miss that guy though he could out-shred anyone on this forum but on a bass guitar with finger picking, it was pretty crazy.

He was jacked too haha, heres a picture of us from a gig like 3 years ago, for size comparison lol.
I'm on the left, and im a pretty big guy. Tyreek is just like The Hulk

677327024_l.jpg

And to Mitch, I'm ACTUALLY going to participate in the forum jam this time, I promise!