Guitar Player's Thread

^I actually want to get them for my RR but what stops me it's that the guitar might not fit the case after that :lol: Because the one on the neck joint would make the neck joint go higher and maybe it wouldn't close :erk:

Guys,is the X2n or Jeff Beck bridge pickup better for metal? And is a stock Ibanez RG neck pickup better or worse than the 59
Answer appreciated! :)

x2n, a stock pup would be better then a 59, for metal at least

children of cob: i liked your solo, but when doing all those runs try to clarify each note, to follow the chord progressions and not the scale.

fuck, i composed my solo finally and i was just going to record it, but my cable blew out, I gotta wait till thursday to get one from my friends house.

Question: Could I replace the Lo-Pro Edge tremolo (or at least that is what I think it is) in my Ibanez RG with a Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo system?

A weird yet cool guitar i did on JFC CSgen.
namnlsan2.png

Yeah I got that case. The guitar fits, but I wonder if it'll still fit with those straplockers.

x2n, a stock pup would be better then a 59, for metal at least

children of cob: i liked your solo, but when doing all those runs try to clarify each note, to follow the chord progressions and not the scale.

I'll try, but I still have to work on fast runs, it was a first try. If I get it better I'll repost it. Thanks for the comment.

here's an idea for my solo, what do you guys think?

If you post it I'll tell you, :lol:

how about trying to fit something thats about a cm or two where the strapbutton is now
like a small plank or something like that, and test it

My friend who got the Alexi CS had Schaller straplocks that came with it. So if you get Schaller ones, you just remove the straplock and strap and put it in the compartment in the case.

Basically strap button you replaced (this is smaller than a regular strap button) ---> strap ---> slip-on strap lock (which you can slip off again anytime you wish).

:)

Ok people, dunno if this'll be my final solo or not, but tell me if you think this is too ''Alexiish'' or too similar to things already played in 12 Donkeys please:

CLICK

get your bands in place (like everyone else said).
Uhm, maybe try and not go fast all the time. I know it sounds like I'm an OMG EMOTION GUY, but I'm not, it's just it's impressive, and speedy, but it doesn't really go anywhere (to me) - but the 12 Donkeys track doesn't either, so what the hell.

My opinion :p

Besides that, nice playing, only heard one bummer (hit a wrong string I think) :kickass:

2jdic5f.jpg

BACKING TRACK (12 Donkeys)
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif

GP4 TAB

• Record your solo over the section 00:02-00:22 and save the solo guitar ONLY as .mp3 and also save a seperate mp3 of both joined together so I know exactly how you want it to sound. Upload a .rar file of both .mp3 files to http://www.sendspace.com and send me the link via this thread or PM.

If you upload your version with both tracks combined, I no longer need the 4 beat intro click on the solo guitar.

The deadline for the end of this jam will be in 3 weeks at least. If you fail to send me anything within this week (Mon to Sat) then please do NOT send me ANYTHING via PM with sendspace links as I will not be able to download for 2 weeks so they will expire. I will ask for the remaining links when I am ready.

Compozing and recording atm! This is a killer track btw, really liking it!

Thanks man! whats a good pickup for the neck position for metal?
Anyone else feel free to give input this time :cry:

Personally, I think the Dimarzio Evolution is perfect for lead neck-p-up playing.

For rythm neck I also like the evolution, but I also like the Bluesbucker alot (just not that much for fast lead, but for slow (wich I use it for anyways) it's all good).