Guitar Player's Thread

My friend who got the Alexi CS had Schaller straplocks that came with it. So if you get Schaller ones, you just remove the straplock and strap and put the in a compartment in the case.

Basically strap button you replaced (this is smaller than a regular strap button) ---> strap ---> slip-on strap lock (which you can slip off again anytime you wish).

:)

thank god you said that i was like WHAT you guys are that lazy to do that...or you jsut didnt understand how it work ...dude jsut get the schaller ones i got some dunlop and for a RR or RV the neck positioned on is gonna be painful for how much it sticks out..but im gonna get scheller....trust me you will only see its real potential when your guitar drops and you wonder why the F didnt i get it :) haha

Personally, I think the Dimarzio Evolution is perfect for lead neck-p-up playing.

For rythm neck I also like the evolution, but I also like the Bluesbucker alot (just not that much for fast lead, but for slow (wich I use it for anyways) it's all good).

I like the jem for rythm's (all my myspace songs are recorded with the jem), which has evo's. The RG i have has a humbucker from hell in the neck, which i actually prefer for leads, it has more bite, and isn't as hot.

Im thinking of swapping speakers from my mesa 2x12 to my marshall 4x12.

So i can have two Celestion V30s and two GT12s in "X" formation in the marshall.

I dont know if the ohm ratings will work together though

get your bands in place (like everyone else said).
Uhm, maybe try and not go fast all the time. I know it sounds like I'm an OMG EMOTION GUY, but I'm not, it's just it's impressive, and speedy, but it doesn't really go anywhere (to me) - but the 12 Donkeys track doesn't either, so what the hell.

My opinion :p

Besides that, nice playing, only heard one bummer (hit a wrong string I think) :kickass:

Thanks. The fast thing all the time was because I couldn't come up with any cool melody or whatever to double and make it really cool, so I went for the fast runs, :lol: And yeah, it's far from perfect, but I am also far from being the perfect player :lol:

2jdic5f.jpg

BACKING TRACK (12 Donkeys)
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif

GP4 TAB

• Record your solo over the section 00:02-00:22 and save the solo guitar ONLY as .mp3 and also save a seperate mp3 of both joined together so I know exactly how you want it to sound. Upload a .rar file of both .mp3 files to http://www.sendspace.com and send me the link via this thread or PM.

If you upload your version with both tracks combined, I no longer need the 4 beat intro click on the solo guitar.

The deadline for the end of this jam will be in 3 weeks at least. If you fail to send me anything within this week (Mon to Sat) then please do NOT send me ANYTHING via PM with sendspace links as I will not be able to download for 2 weeks so they will expire. I will ask for the remaining links when I am ready.

I'll stat jaming on that tomorrow on my keyboard. I thought I could do a Guitar Solo instead but well, I'm not there yet :lol:

when I click "Backing Track (12 Donkeys)" it opens up in a little quicktime player thing in another tab on my browser...how do I save this as an mp3 to my computer?

I'll say as i always say, i think it's alot more interesting when no one show their solo before hand, so it all comes as a surprise when the jam is actually finished. Obviously, i can't make you, but that's my opinion :eek:

Okay so i decided on guitar stuff im getting. It won't be any recording stuff because i think i don't really need it. Im going to use all my time on trying to improve my skeelz' and to actually learn to play clean and tight. Im going to invest in my "live rig" instead so here's what im going to be buying in August hopefully:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping demon
2x DR Extra heavy 12-52 string for C tuning.
Strap+gigbag etc etc.

cool beans, schecters are usually nice.i had the weeping demon forever, i loved it but i hate wahs or pedals in general now
Cool man! Thanks for letting me know. Was it versatile btw?
My friend has a weeping demon, I liked it when I tried it!
Coolish! Well i like Arch Enemy type of Wah'd leads and some wah in solos so i thought id get a real wahwah to wank :)

oh it was definitely versatile, it had a ton of parameters. actually now that i recall i dont think i sold it yet

WTF MAN!:lol: Either you have a ton of gear or a damned messy room:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well im hoping or the best. I definetly want some Michael Amott-ish WahWah. I admire his leadwork much. I've heard that Weeping Demon is the greatest for the money around and that you can do practicly anything with it. Did it come with adapter btw?

nah i just have a really messy room :lol:

yeah i would definietly say its way better then a lot of the other wah's, and it didnt come with an adapter. and the batter power goes fast, well for me at least because i would leave the cable in the input jack :lol:

:lol:

Well then it's like a boss pedal. Last's a while if you remember to unplug. Leave it plugged overnight>Battery dead. Yeah well it sounds good so far so i really want it :lol: I think i will get power supply for it though. Costs like 14€ anyway.

Hey guys, so I was just fooling around on the guitar making up some rhythm stuff and I had an idea for our next jam: Maybe some of us (whoever has the time or wants to) can come up with our own backing tracks. Then we can all post our ideas here; and make a deadline for the creation of our BTs as well. After the deadline, we can hold a poll to see who wants which BT, and as usual, the majority would win.

And there may be some technicalities to it, like someone had a good rhythm/idea but wasn't able to get very good tone or play very well, so someone else with better equipment can record it instead.

Maybe if some people can't figure out how to make the backing tracks in Fruity Loops or whatever, like with the soundfonts and stuff, we can just hear their idea in MIDI? And someone who makes good BTs can help that person out and make it for them in FL or whichever other program.

It's just an idea. Could be a lot of effort but not necessarily. It would make our jams more original methinks.