Guitar Player's Thread

Hey guys, so I was just fooling around on the guitar making up some rhythm stuff and I had an idea for our next jam: Maybe some of us (whoever has the time or wants to) can come up with our own backing tracks. Then we can all post our ideas here; and make a deadline for the creation of our BTs as well. After the deadline, we can hold a poll to see who wants which BT, and as usual, the majority would win.

And there may be some technicalities to it, like someone had a good rhythm/idea but wasn't able to get very good tone or play very well, so someone else with better equipment can record it instead.

Maybe if some people can't figure out how to make the backing tracks in Fruity Loops or whatever, like with the soundfonts and stuff, we can just hear their idea in MIDI? And someone who makes good BTs can help that person out and make it for them in FL or whichever other program.

It's just an idea. Could be a lot of effort but not necessarily. It would make our jams more original methinks.

i like it:)

I'll say as i always say, i think it's alot more interesting when no one show their solo before hand, so it all comes as a surprise when the jam is actually finished. Obviously, i can't make you, but that's my opinion :eek:

Might be. I don't know. Actually I think I'm modyfing at least some parts of mine, but dunno.

Okay so i decided on guitar stuff im getting. It won't be any recording stuff because i think i don't really need it. Im going to use all my time on trying to improve my skeelz' and to actually learn to play clean and tight. Im going to invest in my "live rig" instead so here's what im going to be buying in August hopefully:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping demon
2x DR Extra heavy 12-52 string for C tuning.
Strap+gigbag etc etc.

Good luck with it dude!

Hey guys, so I was just fooling around on the guitar making up some rhythm stuff and I had an idea for our next jam: Maybe some of us (whoever has the time or wants to) can come up with our own backing tracks. Then we can all post our ideas here; and make a deadline for the creation of our BTs as well. After the deadline, we can hold a poll to see who wants which BT, and as usual, the majority would win.

And there may be some technicalities to it, like someone had a good rhythm/idea but wasn't able to get very good tone or play very well, so someone else with better equipment can record it instead.

Maybe if some people can't figure out how to make the backing tracks in Fruity Loops or whatever, like with the soundfonts and stuff, we can just hear their idea in MIDI? And someone who makes good BTs can help that person out and make it for them in FL or whichever other program.

It's just an idea. Could be a lot of effort but not necessarily. It would make our jams more original methinks.

It could be cool, BUT I'd say that we first focus on finishing this one already existant and not make it last forever like the last one, and then we can talk about the next one if we want.

i am all about SA right now. fuck how did my radar skip over this band??

Dunno but you should definitely get a new one if it skipped an album like Ecliptica :lol:

Indeed! see my signature! Anyone know what pickups Jani uses in his RG?

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W50cZHWKXQs&feature=related[/ame]

BUMP! Are they the same as in a Ibanez RG 1570?
If they are, I may keep the bridge pickup in, instead of replacing it with a X2n, unless that idea fails.. input please
I'm a Jani fanboy yet I prefer Offset V's :lol: But I really want his tone..

Those are clearly Ibanez Prestige stock pickups, Ibanez Prestige guitars either come with Ibz/Dimarzio pickups, or the cheaper models come with Ibanez V7 pickups, which are the ones in that video. (hence the small "V7" logo visible on the neck pickup)

They pretty much suck.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W50cZHWKXQs&feature=related

BUMP! Are they the same as in a Ibanez RG 1570?
If they are, I may keep the bridge pickup in, instead of replacing it with a X2n, unless that idea fails.. input please
I'm a Jani fanboy yet I prefer Offset V's :lol: But I really want his tone..

I just love Jani's tone so i get your obsession. They should be the same as in RG1570. BUT you will never get his tone with the Equipment you have now though...if i remember it's like a 15 watt practice amp with Boss Metalzone :lol:

BTW! If you were real Jani fanboi you would have to get this :lol:
RGR420EXRAR.png

It's a Jani RG lookalike.
Compare:

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RGR420EX

Those are clearly Ibanez Prestige stock pickups, Ibanez Prestige guitars either come with Ibz/Dimarzio pickups, or the cheaper models come with Ibanez V7 pickups, which are the ones in that video. (hence the small "V7" logo visible on the neck pickup)

They pretty much suck.
Yeah you're right about that. The IBZ pickups in my friends RGT42 sound really nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love Jani's tone so i get your obsession. They should be the same as in RG1570. BUT you will never get his tone with the Equipment you have now though...if i remember it's like a 15 watt practice amp with Boss Metalzone :lol:

BTW! If you were real Jani fanboi you would have to get this :lol:
RGR420EXRAR.png

It's a Jani RG lookalike.
Compare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3hpwKTB3I

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RGR420EX

Yeah you're right about that. The IBZ pickups in my friends RGT42 sound really nice though.

Thanks to Swabs and Phenom- where can I get that RG?

Thanks to Swabs and Phenom- where can I get that RG?

Probably any US shop that exports to Europe. Don't get scared because the gutiar is very cheap and it won't be more than a basic RG from Thomann or any other store:lol: The specs are: Edge 3,V7 Pickups,bolt-on,rosewood fretboard etc etc. The basic specs of a mid series RG.

@Marfal: Thanks :lol: