Guitar Player's Thread

holy shit mitch, you lucky bastard! yeah, how was his playing? he's still spot on, or what?

and he actually looks like alexi in some of those pics, like with the sweaty-ish face and the hair over it.

both i guess...but mostly the music.
seriously, how can you stand that?

what do you mean? the songwriting is fucking amazing and the melodies are ace. Paramore is actually pretty heavy and aggressive as far as pop goes, so I guess that's why. It just has a certain edge to it. Plus Hayley Williams is an amazing singer.

Am I supposed to not like pop since im on a metal forum? :lol:

Yngwie Malmsteen is awesome.

And this man is WAY more awesome...
ripper.jpg

Ripper Owens is the best singer Yngwie will ever have lol

So does anyone know how Alexi set his MM-O4 gain boost?

In the MM-04 paper that came with it it said Alexi's MM-04 was set for switches 2 and 4 to be on (on the JE-1000 that would be the outer two switches pushed in since the MM-04 switch #1 is the inactive switch) And it also says the gainboost trimpot is set to 75% but i found that to be too much and set mine to 50%

Indeed!

Will come, when I get some groovy time with the houses only digital camera :)

it looks really stunning and classic. When I bought it, I only did it because it was a good deal and a semi good looking guitar. Now it just looks fucking awesome, and the Schaller works wonders.

Stonecoldsoul; that tone sounds really tight :p

In the MM-04 paper that came with it it said Alexi's MM-04 was set for switches 2 and 4 to be on (on the JE-1000 that would be the outer two switches pushed in since the MM-04 switch #1 is the inactive switch) And it also says the gainboost trimpot is set to 75% but i found that to be too much and set mine to 50%

Umm Im Just Askin Ive got my sawtooth with the MM-04 with alexis settings cause it has the best attack..but the gain isnt really giving much out put..likee ive set it at full...well would you hear it on computer speakers good ones??cause i used them for my recording device...but ive tried it n my laney small amp LX35D...i know people will kill me for using thta guitar with that amp but im saving to get a marshall...but didnt get much difference when activated....is there a huge difference when activated...please tell :)

Umm Im Just Askin Ive got my sawtooth with the MM-04 with alexis settings cause it has the best attack..but the gain isnt really giving much out put..likee ive set it at full...well would you hear it on computer speakers good ones??cause i used them for my recording device...but ive tried it n my laney small amp LX35D...i know people will kill me for using thta guitar with that amp but im saving to get a marshall...but didnt get much difference when activated....is there a huge difference when activated...please tell :)

Me, aswell as Muffin hate Marshall with passion nowadays :lol: I tried a couple and i found them overrated/overpriced like fuck. :lol::lol::lol:

Well marshall is said to be one of the best amps so you probably aren't doing sth right

You probably don't know piss what you are talking because you just said "marshall is SAID to be...". Try one out, please. Don't be like me...assuming of what i heard that they're "OMGZ THE BEST". They just weren't the thing for me...there is a thing called opinion aswell. If there wasn't all would probably use Marshall :lol:

They're just too dry sounding and it just didn't have the tone i was expecting to hear. I like more of Mesa Boogie and Randall.(not sure im even using the right terms to describe what i didn't like)

And yes....Marshall IS overpriced. Especially in Europe(Not in the UK...they seem to be a fair alot cheaper there).

Yngwie Malmsteen is awesome.

2dv3i0z.jpg

wspeh1.jpg

34yecf5.jpg

28twabc.jpg

2uxz487.jpg

(...pics... )

erwepj.jpg

xc12zp.jpg

177cyx.jpg

2hn1aaf.jpg

295phyo.jpg

2vrvepx.jpg

34fd1uh.jpg

Fullsize:
10psojp.jpg
I just saw these, great pics of last night, and I saw he played two of my fav songs... well, lucky Mitch! :)

Mystique1721 said:
he actually looks like alexi in some of those pics, like with the sweaty-ish face and the hair over it.
Yeah, I've noticed some resemblance with Alexi in these pics... it's very odd though.

Well marshall is said to be one of the best amps so you probably aren't doing sth right

Marshall is a company. They produce lots of different amps. It's not just one.

I believe the Marshall Superlead/Plexi stuff was what made them popular, and they're dang great, but they also make some shit amps (imo).

But in the end, it's different from person to person what they like.

epic!
was his playing good? because ive seen some recent footage and his tone/playing sucked
holy shit mitch, you lucky bastard! yeah, how was his playing? he's still spot on, or what?

Fucking spot on. I was actually amazed at some parts, regardless of the fact that I know what to expect when it comes to Yngwie's playing.

I will upload all my videos soon.

This is what I got to record today before my marshall died on me again.Its just a tone test.I tried to play Ensiferum's hero in a dream at the end and fucked up so I stopped the video there.You can get an idea of how raw sounding my tone is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQXUMYJ9UsE

Sounds good. You should do some actual songs if you get the chance.

And this man is WAY more awesome...
ripper.jpg

Ripper Owens is the best singer Yngwie will ever have lol

He was indeed a beast. It's just a shame that he was a little quiet in the mix 'cause he has a great voice.

s2botj.jpg

11jnr5w.jpg

14rzah.jpg

205doh2.jpg

┼Victim of the Night┼;7426376 said:
I just saw these, great pics of last night, and I saw he played two of my fav songs... well, lucky Mitch! :)

Indeed! I will show you the two videos that I told you about last night later, if you want. :)

For me, it's all about developing taste :kickass:
it's so weird for me actually, like ever since I've gotten into actually playing music and composing it, I have become uber picky about what I like now. Of course when I was young, I listened to the radio...all that limp bizkit and korn shit. but now, for example, my sister was listening to one of the pop/r&b radio stations the other day, and I simply couldn't stand hearing that. Like it just feel so horrible to me when I hear certain songs, like everything about them is so wrong. It's weird, but I guess my music selection has just gotten narrower and narrower in the past few year. And I think this especially happens to me when I'm in writing mode.

On another note, look at the posters I made for myself! They're not like poster-size big, but I still love 'em :D

PGposter.jpg

AlexiandJesperposter.jpg

AlexiJesperandPG.jpg

I have one more to do for Muhammed, and perhaps one for Yngwie too.